Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only real problem with Manning is his ankles. Before the ankle injuries no one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peyton's wounded ducks are still better than 90% of the other QB great throws. Most of his bad throws started after he sprained his ankles, he was moving around better yesterday than he was the last 4 weeks. Last week he was dealing with sore ankles with the cold. Anyone that lives in cold climates can tell you that the cold can make sprains and even bruises fell like a break.

One thing that you wont have to worry about with Peyton, is his toughness. The guy will play through almost anything, kinda reminds me of Steve McNair.
    sigpic

Comment

I do believe the dense cold air has an effect in Manning's deep ball. I'm concerned, but confident that we'll somehow make up for it going into the playoffs.

Comment

Most of his passes yesterday looked pretty darn good.....right on the money. Watching highlights this a.m., he had some nice, tight spirals. His interceptions weren't pretty but he made up for it and brought us back from a 14 point deficit. He definitely looked better yesterday. I know weather plays into it but playing in a hostile environment, he led our team to victory.

Comment

The first INT was pretty much like a punt, no big deal.

The second pick was a duck, and a bad throw though.

And those TD's passes yesterday had some zip to it, good spirals as well.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
            His arm strength is weak, the bigger issue is the fact that the ball comes out of his hand different every time. Sometimes he spirals the ball other times he throws it end over end. It he was consistent with his spiral, no one would complain with his arm strength.
            End over end....thats dramatic...wobble maybe..but not end over end.

Comment

Originally posted by sstoner View Post
              End over end....thats dramatic...wobble maybe..but not end over end.
              splitting hairs. I love manning, but he has grip issues. especially in cold weather. hopefully we have home field advantage
              I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
              I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
              I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
              "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
              God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
              Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

There are so many opinions and people looking to sell drama there will always be something to someone to rip on any qb

No qb throws the perfect passes all season long...shoot all game long
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I be likin' me some "Air Manning" yesterday. Air it out, baby!

Go into hostile territory after a tough road loss and fire all the guns you've got. :thumb:
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I saw one badly wounded duck yesterday and five gorgeous TD passes plus a memorable 70+ yarder to DT. He no longer has a normal arm. He has nerve damage. The ankle sprain is also probably still impairing him. But even at this level, I'd take him over just about anyone.

Edit: And that first first "pick" should have been caught by DT. It bounced off his hands to their DB.
                    Last edited by Steamboat7; 12-02-2013, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Peyton Manning the Best NFL QB ever.

Nice Video also check out the great shot of Knowshon on the front cover of ESPN mag On the right of page and on the end of the video.Brilliant shot.
                      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...-espn-magazine

Comment

Does Peyton sit week 17 or not?

I am wondering if Brock will be playing that last game?
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Not a chance. Even if new England loses

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                            I am wondering if Brock will be playing that last game?
                            The only two ways I see that happening is A) if the game is meaningless to seeding, and even then it would have to shift to b B) He'd have to have a desperate need for rest for that to happen. If he were to ding up his ankles even more, then I could see it, but even then I'd expect him to start.

I don't think the game will be meaningless, so I would expect him to play up until the game is decided.

As the schedule stands right now the Bills/Patriots play at 1, and Denver/Raiders is at 4:25, so the team should have a fairly good idea whether or not the game is do or die for seeding purposes.

He doesn't like to sit, but if rest is needed, I'm sure that he will if it's meaningless or once it becomes decided.

Comment

If we lock up the #1 seed before game time, I doubt if any of the starters play the entire game, especially Manning. But they'll probably all play part of it. Obviously there are valid arguments either way, but to me it's not the worth risk of injury and the players can use the off time to get well. If he gets injured in a meaningless game, I could not begin to imagine the fallout.
                              ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
                                If we lock up the #1 seed before game time, I doubt if any of the starters play the entire game, especially Manning. But they'll probably all play part of it. Obviously there are valid arguments either way, but to me it's not the worth risk of injury and the players can use the off time to get well. If he gets injured in a meaningless game, I could not begin to imagine the fallout.
                                It depends if that game means anything and who knows if manning cares about getting his record back he only needs 10 Tds in 4 Games.

Comment

Working...
                                X