Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only real problem with Manning is his ankles. Before the ankle injuries no one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only if NE loses and Manning's ankles are really bad. With a bye week coming, it would take a pretty good injury to keep him off the field. I think he's learned from past years that 3 weeks without football takes some of the edge off.

Comment

I think Manning will beg to play. Surely he has learned from what went down at the Colts. If Manning plays a series then sits like he did in Indy a few times, it will be three weeks between games. Not good for rhythm and timing. The Broncos will have 10 days to prepare for Houston and ideally 14 days to prepare for the playoffs. Rest no one unless they are banged up IMO. Manning's ankle is a non issue now and some have suggested it was a cover up anyway.

Comment

NE has 2 road games at Dolphins and Ravens. If they lose one of them, Broncos clinch the number one seeding. Mainly, the ones that will get the rest will be the banged up defensive players. The D is the one that seems to be the unit that needs more rest on the Broncos, to be honest.

Knowing NE, I doubt it happens. It will come down to the wire and that might be a good thing for the Broncos. Having losses closer to the end of the season like the recent NE loss has historically helped a playoff contender, way more times than not.

Comment

I have a feeling Denver's D will turn it up in the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
            I have a feeling Denver's D will turn it up in the playoffs
            I'm thinking the same thing. I like that dial-it-up-a-notch kind of thing.

Comment

If he's healthy, he plays. The Chargers may need that game to get in and if you can squash a team out of post season play, you do it. Because u might not want to face them again. Remember the Jets of 2009? Indy could have killed their post-season hopes right there and it almost came back to bite them in the AFCCG.

I honestly hope someone eliminates KC early, because I don't want to see them a 3rd time. Very tough to 3-0 a team.
              #swapping

Comment

Unless New England loses another game and we sweep the rest of ours.

Comment

Obviously if home-field/bye is at stake, then no, but if we lock those down after week 16 then I could see him just playing 1-2 drives in the final game, along with other key contributors. Two weeks off in a row is too much IMO. Recent history does not support the notion that more rest is best going into the playoffs, but it is important to be healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                    If he's healthy, he plays. The Chargers may need that game to get in and if you can squash a team out of post season play, you do it. Because u might not want to face them again. Remember the Jets of 2009? Indy could have killed their post-season hopes right there and it almost came back to bite them in the AFCCG.

I honestly hope someone eliminates KC early, because I don't want to see them a 3rd time. Very tough to 3-0 a team.
                    A minor point, I think game #17 is @Oakland.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I think Manning plays. He usually seemed frustrated in Indianapolis when they'd sit him down after 2 drives the last couple of games.

Tony Dungy said on DP yesterday that he expects Peyton to play these games out.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                        I think Manning plays. He usually seemed frustrated in Indianapolis when they'd sit him down after 2 drives the last couple of games.

Tony Dungy said on DP yesterday that he expects Peyton to play these games out.
                        I wonder if Dungy ever sits back and says to himself, "Man, I was a terribly conservative coach and I hindered my teams."

Comment

god I hope he doesn't

need him for fantasy haha $$$$ on the line.
                          Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            A minor point, I think game #17 is @Oakland.
                            Sorry I had 15 and 17 backwards. Didn't dub check b4 I posted. But the same rule applies as of right now since the Raiders aren't mathematically eliminated and it could come down to that game for them.
                            #swapping

Comment

I wouldn't think Peyton would sit or any other starters for the whole game. I think they all play to ensure the win and slowly come off if possible. In 1997 Shannahan sat his starters and it kind of killed the teams momentum. I am for keeping things as normal as possible while minimizing injury.

Comment

Here's an awesome article about Manning's deep pass, chock full of detailed stats from his entire career.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/1...-the-long-ball

But if you want me to bottom-line it for you...
                                ...the question we considered was "What role does the deep pass play in the passing attack of some of the top quarterbacks?"

I asked each member of the group to name the five quarterbacks whom they would consider to be effective passers. Interestingly enough, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees were all named immediately by each member. The remaining two brought out a variety of names. [P. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Stafford, A. Smith, Romo, Rivers, Luck, E. Manning, Wilson, Dalton, Ryan, Flacco were listed.]

We found it very interesting just how uniform these stats are. There is not a particularly wide variation between the quarterbacks, for the most part. [In terms of percentage of passes gone for specific distances.]

When all is said and done, we came to two conclusions:

(1)Peyton's perceived lack of deep balls has less to do with an inability to throw the deep ball than his style of getting the ball to his receivers quickly over a shorter distance and then letting them make the big gains after the catch.

(2)The fascination with and desire for the deep throw (or the "cannon-armed" quarterback) is more a product of the highlight reels than a reflection of the way most quarterbacks play the game in today's NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X