Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only real problem with Manning is his ankles. Before the ankle injuries no one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanzo the Razor
    replied
    Also, Flaccos has 14 INTs this season, with 5 coming against the Buffalo Bills.

Leave a comment:

• PManningTKO
    replied
    A few of those passes especially the three deep balls to Decker were right on the money and were 35+ yard gains. His arm strength isn't Flacco's, but he's about as accurate as you can be. And honestly I'll take his accuracy over Flaccos arm strength. Especialy since a huge deep ball with a softy like Thomas jumping up to grab it will likely lead to an INT.

Leave a comment:

• Hanzo the Razor
    replied
    Thomas could have caught it but couldn't raise his arm, leaving him to try one-handed, which led to the deflection/INT.

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    The 2nd INT was bad, but as others have said, he had pressure in his face and couldnt put any mustard on it.

The first INT was basically like a punt and not even a big deal.
    And we've seen QB's do that at the end of a half before. It's not a big deal, a bad decision, whatever.

Manning also later noted that he wouldn't have even made the throw had he been aware Thomas was hurt.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    The 2nd INT was bad, but as others have said, he had pressure in his face and couldnt put any mustard on it.

The first INT was basically like a punt and not even a big deal.

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    Great info as always!

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    He threw some ducks yesterday. The second interception was about the worst pass I've ever seen him throw. Hopefully it's just a byproduct of his ankles and it'll get better.
    Pressure up the middle sometimes catches him on his back foot, so he can't put anything on it.

It not like he made the same, sure-footed throw he normally makes, but it randomly came out wobbly and soft. People need to realize an NFL QB throwing an awkward duck with no speed on it probably had something affect the throw.
    Last edited by Doogansquest; 12-05-2013, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hockey878
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I think he's beginning to get a Brett Farve mentality. yeah I might not always be able to make that throw but I'm at least going to try
    this has to be a joke? Peyton makes way better decisions than Favre ever dreamed of making

Leave a comment:

• Hanzo the Razor
    replied
    Here's an awesome article about Manning's deep pass, chock full of detailed stats from his entire career.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/1...-the-long-ball

But if you want me to bottom-line it for you...
    ...the question we considered was "What role does the deep pass play in the passing attack of some of the top quarterbacks?"

I asked each member of the group to name the five quarterbacks whom they would consider to be effective passers. Interestingly enough, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees were all named immediately by each member. The remaining two brought out a variety of names. [P. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Stafford, A. Smith, Romo, Rivers, Luck, E. Manning, Wilson, Dalton, Ryan, Flacco were listed.]

We found it very interesting just how uniform these stats are. There is not a particularly wide variation between the quarterbacks, for the most part. [In terms of percentage of passes gone for specific distances.]

When all is said and done, we came to two conclusions:

(1)Peyton's perceived lack of deep balls has less to do with an inability to throw the deep ball than his style of getting the ball to his receivers quickly over a shorter distance and then letting them make the big gains after the catch.

(2)The fascination with and desire for the deep throw (or the "cannon-armed" quarterback) is more a product of the highlight reels than a reflection of the way most quarterbacks play the game in today's NFL.

Leave a comment:

• trc1962
    replied
    I wouldn't think Peyton would sit or any other starters for the whole game. I think they all play to ensure the win and slowly come off if possible. In 1997 Shannahan sat his starters and it kind of killed the teams momentum. I am for keeping things as normal as possible while minimizing injury.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    A minor point, I think game #17 is @Oakland.
    Sorry I had 15 and 17 backwards. Didn't dub check b4 I posted. But the same rule applies as of right now since the Raiders aren't mathematically eliminated and it could come down to that game for them.

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    god I hope he doesn't

need him for fantasy haha $$$$ on the line.

Leave a comment:

• Conner13
    replied
    Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
    I think Manning plays. He usually seemed frustrated in Indianapolis when they'd sit him down after 2 drives the last couple of games.

Tony Dungy said on DP yesterday that he expects Peyton to play these games out.
    I wonder if Dungy ever sits back and says to himself, "Man, I was a terribly conservative coach and I hindered my teams."

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    I think Manning plays. He usually seemed frustrated in Indianapolis when they'd sit him down after 2 drives the last couple of games.

Tony Dungy said on DP yesterday that he expects Peyton to play these games out.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    If he's healthy, he plays. The Chargers may need that game to get in and if you can squash a team out of post season play, you do it. Because u might not want to face them again. Remember the Jets of 2009? Indy could have killed their post-season hopes right there and it almost came back to bite them in the AFCCG.

I honestly hope someone eliminates KC early, because I don't want to see them a 3rd time. Very tough to 3-0 a team.
    A minor point, I think game #17 is @Oakland.

Leave a comment:

• cmc0605
    replied
    Obviously if home-field/bye is at stake, then no, but if we lock those down after week 16 then I could see him just playing 1-2 drives in the final game, along with other key contributors. Two weeks off in a row is too much IMO. Recent history does not support the notion that more rest is best going into the playoffs, but it is important to be healthy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X