QB next year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB next year ?

Assuming Manning calls it quits, I guess we will have Brock, Dysert to battle and may e bring in one via draft ?

I don't want them to bring in a journeyman vet, need to find the future long term

Manning has no plans to call it quits next year, his ankle is much better and you can tell today. I think-barring a bad injury-that he will play out the contract he structured with Elway.

Comment

Manning's not calling it quits after this year. If they win the Super Bowl maybe, but still unlikely. And that would be a wonderful problem to have.

Comment

I think this offseason we should transplant P. Manning's brain inside
        of B. Oz's body.

Comment

Manning will be back next season. After him Brock will probably get at least one or two full seasons.

Comment

Manning will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by jbones733 View Post
              Assuming Manning calls it quits, I guess we will have Brock, Dysert to battle and may e bring in one via draft ?

I don't want them to bring in a journeyman vet, need to find the future long term

My issue is with the sentiment that many will respond with and that's Manning has no plans to retire. I totally agree that he doesn't have those plans. You know who else never had plans to retire and played too long past his shelf life? Brett Farve. He was just a stat horder like Manning. The question is, do you want everything that comes along with an aging and ailing Manning? We are watching that story unfold right now. How this ends in January/February should determine if we stay or just move on regardless of his decision.
              #swapping

Comment

Peyton has two more to play and groom Brock.

Comment

What? Do you know something we don't know? My guess is he will be back for atleast next year imo. I see this year and next year as forsure and who knows anything after who knows.
                  sigpic
                  Favorite Broncos Ever =
                  - Elway
                  - Atwater
                  - T.Davis
                  - Sharpe
                  - Ed Mccaffrey
                  - Rod Smith
                  - Champ Bailey

Comment

If we lose in January, and don't see February once again, do you want him back should be the question.
                    #swapping

Comment

Manning is playing at a higher level than Favre was at the end of his career. Plus Manning has the team around him as a good fit for him to be successful.

Comment

I will take Manning over anyone else Denver can get. Losses are team events and you can't pin last years loss versus Baltimore on Manning-the defense got sucked up.

Comment

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
                          Manning is playing at a higher level than Favre was at the end of his career. Plus Manning has the team around him as a good fit for him to be successful.
                          Exactly my point. The Farve analogy, was just that, an analogy. But in 2009, Farve played as good as u could ever want your QB to play. They were expected to win it all that year.
                          Last edited by flosstein; 12-01-2013, 03:49 PM.
                          #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                            If we lose in January, and don't see February once again, do you want him back should be the question.
                            If he's not playing in Denver, you won't have to worry about playing in Feb and probably not late Jan either.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                              My issue is with the sentiment that many will respond with and that's Manning has no plans to retire. I totally agree that he doesn't have those plans. You know who else never had plans to retire and played too long past his shelf life? Brett Farve. He was just a stat horder like Manning. The question is, do you want everything that comes along with an aging and ailing Manning? We are watching that story unfold right now. How this ends in January/February should determine if we stay or just move on regardless of his decision.
                              You're right, Manning is just a stat hoarder. Release him and bring back the golden era of Kyle Orton.

Comment

Working...
                              X