Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QB next year ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I think the ideal situation would be for Manning to play another year or 2 and then come back as the QB coach. His body is eventually going to give out, but he has sooo much more than that to offer. I hope he doesn't quit the NFL once he is done playing.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by flosstein View Post
      My issue is with the sentiment that many will respond with and that's Manning has no plans to retire. I totally agree that he doesn't have those plans. You know who else never had plans to retire and played too long past his shelf life? Brett Farve. He was just a stat horder like Manning. The question is, do you want everything that comes along with an aging and ailing Manning? We are watching that story unfold right now. How this ends in January/February should determine if we stay or just move on regardless of his decision.
      lol...yes, he is a "stat hoarder" and not simply the smartest, most prolific passer in NFL history. No, he's just hoarding stats. Forget that the majority of his records include "the quickest to reach..." before the stat. Forget that he wants more rings and plays like a much younger man.

      He handed the ball off 48 times last week because he was hoarding stats, right? Huge game from Ball today because Manning wants stats, right?

      He's got all the records a guy could want. Championships are his focus. There really aren't many more individual marks he could set to elevate his legacy.

      Assuming Manning's ankles get better, and the Broncos have a starting LT again next year, he is the QB in 2014. It's not even a question. I would bet he plays again next year even if Denver wins it all this year. The man is ultra-competitive.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by flosstein View Post
        If we lose in January, and don't see February once again, do you want him back should be the question.
        We probably dont make the playoffs if hes not playing for Denver next year.

        And depends how we lose, cant blame last years game on him.

        Comment


        • #19
          I thank the football gods every time I see the Colts play and get reminded of the fact they released Manning.
          I thank them even more because he choose us.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
            lol...yes, he is a "stat hoarder" and not simply the smartest, most prolific passer in NFL history. No, he's just hoarding stats. Forget that the majority of his records include "the quickest to reach..." before the stat. Forget that he wants more rings and plays like a much younger man.

            He handed the ball off 48 times last week because he was hoarding stats, right? Huge game from Ball today because Manning wants stats, right?

            He's got all the records a guy could want. Championships are his focus. There really aren't many more individual marks he could set to elevate his legacy.

            Assuming Manning's ankles get better, and the Broncos have a starting LT again next year, he is the QB in 2014. It's not even a question. I would bet he plays again next year even if Denver wins it all this year. The man is ultra-competitive.
            All that u said is cool. But my POV is still the same and you even solidified it for me. He is without a doubt one of the greatest QB's to play the game. And he has all the reg season accolades to back that up. But what good is all those numbers if it doesn't add up to rings? Does it really matter going into the playoffs at 14-2, 11-5, 8-8, or 7-9? My question to u is how long to we ride this horse before it's time to put him out to pasture? You all can be mystified by his great numbers, but I'm just not. Never have, never will be. All I see is an aging, great QB who is starting to break down. Next season could be like Farve's last and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

            And Manning handed off 40+ because the sub freezing temps dictated that was all he could do. There was no way for him to physically go out and have a shoot out with Brady. He couldn't make plays like he made this week, his nerve issue wouldn't allow that. He had one great passing drive all game. And just to think about that even more, outside of the Colts, every playoff team is an outdoor, cold weather team. So all playoff games will be in the freezing cold and that includes the Super Bowl.
            #swapping

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by flosstein View Post
              All that u said is cool. But my POV is still the same and you even solidified it for me. He is without a doubt one of the greatest QB's to play the game. And he has all the reg season accolades to back that up. But what good is all those numbers if it doesn't add up to rings? Does it really matter going into the playoffs at 14-2, 11-5, 8-8, or 7-9? My question to u is how long to we ride this horse before it's time to put him out to pasture? You all can be mystified by his great numbers, but I'm just not. Never have, never will be. All I see is an aging, great QB who is starting to break down. Next season could be like Farve's last and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

              And Manning handed off 40+ because the sub freezing temps dictated that was all he could do. There was no way for him to physically go out and have a shoot out with Brady. He couldn't make plays like he made this week, his nerve issue wouldn't allow that. He had one great passing drive all game. And just to think about that even more, outside of the Colts, every playoff team is an outdoor, cold weather team. So all playoff games will be in the freezing cold and that includes the Super Bowl.
              Manning has the same number of rings as Rodgers, Brees, Flacco..
              Manning has been to one more Super Bowl Rodgers, Brees, Flacco.

              What does Manning, Brady, and Roethlisberger have in common. All 3 of them have lost their last Superbowl.

              I will take those chances with Manning rather than some unknown that doesn't exist.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                But what good is all those numbers if it doesn't add up to rings? Does it really matter going into the playoffs at 14-2, 11-5, 8-8, or 7-9? My question to u is how long to we ride this horse before it's time to put him out to pasture?
                I bet you thought the aging Elway with 0 rings to his name but plenty of regular season wins should've been put out to pasture after the 1996-1997 season and the postseason one and done, right?
                "This is a terrible thread and I've negged the OP." -CoryWinget81
                "If the ACL is torn ... Von will in fact miss next year as well." -PFM2013

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                  If we lose in January, and don't see February once again, do you want him back should be the question.
                  Absolutely easy call yes.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    WTH is with this thread. 18 is about to break some NFL all time records.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      This is non-sense. He is playing great and you folks just want to throw him out. Without Manning this is an 8-8 team at best. What QB could you insert and win when your defense gives up on average of 27 points a game?

                      Lets see, oh, there are only two other teams besides Denver that scores 27 points a game. So to have a winning record on our team there are only 3 QB's in the league can produce enough points to sustain our defense and we already have one of them and he is the best of the 3.

                      I understand he is getting older but he is still playing at a LEAGUE WIDE MVP level and you want to move on from him.

                      If anything we need to figure out why our defense is ranked 12th worse in scoring and that the only defenses worse than ours are on teams with losing records with the exception of one.

                      All I can say is I hope our defense is intentionally looking bad to throw people off in the post season.
                      sigpic
                      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                        All that u said is cool. But my POV is still the same and you even solidified it for me. He is without a doubt one of the greatest QB's to play the game. And he has all the reg season accolades to back that up. But what good is all those numbers if it doesn't add up to rings? Does it really matter going into the playoffs at 14-2, 11-5, 8-8, or 7-9? My question to u is how long to we ride this horse before it's time to put him out to pasture? You all can be mystified by his great numbers, but I'm just not. Never have, never will be. All I see is an aging, great QB who is starting to break down. Next season could be like Farve's last and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

                        And Manning handed off 40+ because the sub freezing temps dictated that was all he could do. There was no way for him to physically go out and have a shoot out with Brady. He couldn't make plays like he made this week, his nerve issue wouldn't allow that. He had one great passing drive all game. And just to think about that even more, outside of the Colts, every playoff team is an outdoor, cold weather team. So all playoff games will be in the freezing cold and that includes the Super Bowl.
                        I thought you had a place in this discussion until this post.

                        Good gravy...

                        @Luckyshot: Great points.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                          Exactly my point. The Farve analogy, was just that, an analogy. But in 2009, Farve played as good as u could ever want your QB to play. They were expected to win it all that year.
                          All I can say is it's been a whole lot of years since I've enjoyed watching the Broncos play, like I have these past two years, thanks to Peyton and John for bringing him to Denver. Oh yeah I know it's a team effort and this team is really good.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Are you kidding me????
                            Manning throws for 403 yards and 5 tds today.
                            He is breaking every record imaginable.
                            He is arguably one of the top 3 quarterbacks ever to play this game!
                            And, you are creating a post to run Manning out the door?

                            This post is rediculous!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              If he wins the Super Bowl he calls it a career. And Elway wouldn't have it any other way.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by dbjeff View Post
                                I bet you thought the aging Elway with 0 rings to his name but plenty of regular season wins should've been put out to pasture after the 1996-1997 season and the postseason one and done, right?
                                Actually no I didn't. I could see him aging and knew the end was very near. But having a longstanding love and connection with Elway, I never wanted him gone. But I don't have that connection with Manning, nor do I want it.

                                Also Manning isn't half the QB that Elway was in the Post Season. You can spew all that "team game" stuff to defend his mishaps, but I watched Elway will lesser talented teams to the SB. Whether we win or not is another discussion, but he got us to the dance. I never cared about the defense with Elway, because I knew he would get it done.

                                I don't feel that way about Manning.
                                #swapping

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X