No announcement yet.

QB next year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um can we focus on this year and enjoy the time we have with this team?
    Follow me on Twitter
    @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
      My issue is with the sentiment that many will respond with and that's Manning has no plans to retire. I totally agree that he doesn't have those plans. You know who else never had plans to retire and played too long past his shelf life? Brett Farve. He was just a stat horder like Manning. The question is, do you want everything that comes along with an aging and ailing Manning? We are watching that story unfold right now. How this ends in January/February should determine if we stay or just move on regardless of his decision.
      An aging and ailing Manning is on pace to break the all-time NFL records for season passing yds and tds. An aging and ailing Manning has had 2 of the best 3 seasons of his 15 year career since coming to Denver. An aging and ailing Manning is the QB of the team that is favored to win the Super Bowl.
      sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Why would any Denver fan want to get rid of Manning and become an average at best team again??? Such stupid talk when you lead the AFC whether they win the SB or not. It doesn't even make sense. This talk should be saved for whenever Denver actually loses him and finding a new QB or he becomes really bad. I there is a QB on the roster that could replace him even when he starts to decline or one that you will get through the draft. When he leaves the team will have to completely change their strategy most likely.

Comment

An odd topic posted during the game.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

So you don't like Manning, flosstein, but if he wins even one more Super Bowl, he will likely go down as greater than Elway by all but a few super loyal Broncos fans.

That's not an insult to Elway, by the way.

Some of his post season failures are on him, but many of them aren't. 5 times he's lead a go-ahead or game tying drive late in the 4th only to see his defense or special teams give up the win. Elway also got slaughtered in 3 Super Bowls. Like...he did NOTHING right, nor did the rest of the team. He also wasn't responsible for their wins. Sure, he "wanted it," but show me a QB who doesn't when they get there? TD literally carried those offenses to victory. Elway didn't "will it." Just as Manning had help from his running game the year he won it.

Again, it is a team game. A little bit of everything has to go right in all three phases to win a ring. It's not about the QB, despite the fact he will get the accolades and/or the blame for the result.

Manning is aging, but putting up the biggest numbers in the history of the league. He's playing better than the guys who are supposed to be his successors (Brees, Rodgers, Romo), and better than even their successors (Wilson, Luck, Newton, Kaepernick).

Whether you like it or not, Manning will be the QB in Denver next season. Probably even if he wins the Super Bowl this year. The thread title really isn't a legitimate question.
            Last edited by Doogansquest; 12-01-2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
              I will take Manning over anyone else Denver can get. Losses are team events and you can't pin last years loss versus Baltimore on Manning-the defense got sucked up.
              this is a very accurate statement. We had that game in hand. just a few lucky throws by flacco,. i have seen him attempting the same throws with no success this year. that game against the ravens was bad fortune. glad we have our bad fortune game out of the way last week (0=

Comment

Actually no I didn't. I could see him aging and knew the end was very near. But having a longstanding love and connection with Elway, I never wanted him gone. But I don't have that connection with Manning, nor do I want it.

Also Manning isn't half the QB that Elway was in the Post Season. You can spew all that "team game" stuff to defend his mishaps, but I watched Elway will lesser talented teams to the SB. Whether we win or not is another discussion, but he got us to the dance. I never cared about the defense with Elway, because I knew he would get it done.

I don't feel that way about Manning.
                You may not have a connection with Manning but your thinking is very flawed. I watched every Elway game and I loved him. The times he took us to the Super Bowls we had GREAT defenses. The first 3 Elway had no help on offense and had to do most of it himself. The last 2 that he won we had the 2nd & 8th best defenses and the #1 offenses, and that was mainly because Elway got help from a running back named TD.

Without TD Elway would have struggled to win the two SB's he won.

You say you don't care about defenses but when Elway won his SB's our defense held the opposing teams in the playoffs to 17, 10 , 21, 24 in 97 and in 98 it was 3, 10, 19. Tell me Manning couldn't win when the defense holds the opponents to those wimpy numbers.

Did you realize that our current defense has given up more points through 11 games than the 98 team did all year including the post season? Don't think defense is important to winning a championship.
                sigpic
                Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                  You may not have a connection with Manning but your thinking is very flawed. I watched every Elway game and I loved him. The times he took us to the Super Bowls we had GREAT defenses. The first 3 Elway had no help on offense and had to do most of it himself. The last 2 that he won we had the 2nd & 8th best defenses and the #1 offenses, and that was mainly because Elway got help from a running back named TD.

Without TD Elway would have struggled to win the two SB's he won.

You say you don't care about defenses but when Elway won his SB's our defense held the opposing teams in the playoffs to 17, 10 , 21, 24 in 97 and in 98 it was 3, 10, 19. Tell me Manning couldn't win when the defense holds the opponents to those wimpy numbers.

Did you realize that our current defense has given up more points through 11 games than the 98 team did all year including the post season? Don't think defense is important to winning a championship.
                  Phenomenal points. Defense is important. So is coaching and Special Teams. QB play is mega-important, but without help, he's not going to win.

Comment

Unless Manning just doesnt wanna play anymore, im not sure why he wouldnt give it another go at it especially with Clady coming back which SHOULD help in pass-protection.

Even if he wins a SB, im not sure he would call it quits.

He's still playing at a very high level obviously so i dont see where you're going with this, floss.

Comment

My issue is with the sentiment that many will respond with and that's Manning has no plans to retire. I totally agree that he doesn't have those plans. You know who else never had plans to retire and played too long past his shelf life? Brett Farve. He was just a stat horder like Manning. The question is, do you want everything that comes along with an aging and ailing Manning? We are watching that story unfold right now. How this ends in January/February should determine if we stay or just move on regardless of his decision.
                      Just a "stat horder"?

Okaay...
                      sigpic

Comment

If we lose in January, and don't see February once again, do you want him back should be the question.
                        Ummm...seriously?

Without hesitation or any question whatsoever, yes.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          Unless Manning just doesnt wanna play anymore, im not sure why he wouldnt give it another go at it especially with Clady coming back which SHOULD help in pass-protection.

Even if he wins a SB, im not sure he would call it quits.

He's still playing at a very high level obviously so i dont see where you're going with this, floss.
                          Yup. Assuming most of the weapons come back, many of whom are just hitting their prime (DT, Decker), and others who are still developing (JT, Ball), he will continue to put up absurd numbers. Getting Clady back would be enormous too.

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                          Ummm...seriously?

Without hesitation or any question whatsoever, yes.
                          Exactly. People act like a QB who doesn't win the Super Bowl every year has no worth. If Manning is still playing well enough to give this team a chance, any fan should want to keep him.

Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Manning II, and Roethlisberger should all be canned.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                            So you don't like Manning, flosstein, but if he wins even one more Super Bowl, he will likely go down as greater than Elway by all but a few super loyal Broncos fans.

That's not an insult to Elway, by the way.

Some of his post season failures are on him, but many of them aren't. 5 times he's lead a go-ahead or game tying drive late in the 4th only to see his defense or special teams give up the win. Elway also got slaughtered in 3 Super Bowls. Like...he did NOTHING right, nor did the rest of the team. He also wasn't responsible for their wins. Sure, he "wanted it," but show me a QB who doesn't when they get there? TD literally carried those offenses to victory. Elway didn't "will it." Just as Manning had help from his running game the year he won it.

Again, it is a team game. A little bit of everything has to go right in all three phases to win a ring. It's not about the QB, despite the fact he will get the accolades and/or the blame for the result.

Manning is aging, but putting up the biggest numbers in the history of the league. He's playing better than the guys who are supposed to be his successors (Brees, Rodgers, Romo), and better than even their successors (Wilson, Luck, Newton, Kaepernick).

Whether you like it or not, Manning will be the QB in Denver next season. Probably even if he wins the Super Bowl this year. The thread title really isn't a legitimate question.
                            Never said Elway "will'd" the SB wins. My statement was in regard to the 3 in which we lost. Those 3 teams were all Elway. No way those teams even sniffed the playoffs without him. Those were the years, he single handedly willed us to title games. Even the years in between, all him. Much like Brady is doing in NE right now.

If Manning were to win a title with us, then yes that would solidify him as a true All-Time Great. He would have something unique that the other All-Timers don't. Would that make him "greater" than Elway? Everyone has their own opinion.

But to the topic,
                            regardless of all the meaningless backand forth to pull away from the topic. My opinion stands the same. If Manning falls short in January again, it's time to move on. I believe in the team that is built around him more than I believe in him. I just feel that this season is the best shot we're going to get with him.
                            #swapping

Comment

All that u said is cool. But my POV is still the same and you even solidified it for me. He is without a doubt one of the greatest QB's to play the game. And he has all the reg season accolades to back that up. But what good is all those numbers if it doesn't add up to rings? Does it really matter going into the playoffs at 14-2, 11-5, 8-8, or 7-9? My question to u is how long to we ride this horse before it's time to put him out to pasture? You all can be mystified by his great numbers, but I'm just not. Never have, never will be. All I see is an aging, great QB who is starting to break down. Next season could be like Farve's last and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

And Manning handed off 40+ because the sub freezing temps dictated that was all he could do. There was no way for him to physically go out and have a shoot out with Brady. He couldn't make plays like he made this week, his nerve issue wouldn't allow that. He had one great passing drive all game. And just to think about that even more, outside of the Colts, every playoff team is an outdoor, cold weather team. So all playoff games will be in the freezing cold and that includes the Super Bowl.
                              He'll still play, simply because even though he isnt as good physically as he was ten years ago, he is still FAR FAR better than any other alternative.

It's not about stats. It's about winning games. And can you sit there and tell me that Brock would have us at 10-2 right now????

No freaking way.
                              sigpic

Comment

He wants to tie Brady! He will play out the final 3 years of his contract barring any career ending injury!

PFM isn't going anywhere!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                                Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                                Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                                Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                                I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X