QB next year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    Actually no I didn't. I could see him aging and knew the end was very near. But having a longstanding love and connection with Elway, I never wanted him gone. But I don't have that connection with Manning, nor do I want it.

Also Manning isn't half the QB that Elway was in the Post Season. You can spew all that "team game" stuff to defend his mishaps, but I watched Elway will lesser talented teams to the SB. Whether we win or not is another discussion, but he got us to the dance. I never cared about the defense with Elway, because I knew he would get it done.

I don't feel that way about Manning.
    Mr Inept Stat Horder Decrepit is likely to be the NFL MVP this year.

Pretty much puts an end to your thesis.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dbjeff View Post
      I bet you thought the aging Elway with 0 rings to his name but plenty of regular season wins should've been put out to pasture after the 1996-1997 season and the postseason one and done, right?
      This. And everything that came after Elway should be a lesson. It's hard to get a great quarterback. When you have one, you should ride with them as long as you can. I'm sorry, but 40 TD's through 12 games is not a sign that the end is near for Manning. He can and should be the Broncos QB as long as he wants. He's a proud guy. When he can't do it anymore, he won't want to go out there and embarrass himself. But that day is not today. And it's not tomorrow.

Comment

This board is sooooo fickel.

Before todays win...

It was Manning retires next year.....his ankles.... etc...

Del Rio was not worthy to be a head coach.....

Now manning plays forever and del rio deserves the game ball etc....best iterim coach

Make up your mind people.

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
          Mr Inept Stat Horder Decrepit is likely to be the NFL MVP this year.

Pretty much puts an end to your thesis.
          Never said he was inept or decrepit. Just aging and ailing, both of which are very true. His MVP status and numbers are what they are and I never disrespected that, nor have I not agreed with how great he is. So if u are going to ride MH, ride correct.
          #swapping

Comment

I said it many weeks ago....manning may not play after this contact depending on health.

Ankles tend to always nag you even after healed.

Comment

Never said he was inept or decrepit. Just aging and ailing, both of which are very true. His MVP status and numbers are what they are and I never disrespected that, nor have I not agreed with how great he is. So if u are going to ride MH, ride correct.
              You contradict yourself.

How on one hand can you say you never disrespect his status, yet say we should dump him and move on if we dont win the SB?

And yes, you talk about him as if he is decrepit. The word means old, worn out. That is PRECISELY what you are saying he will be next year.
              sigpic

Comment

My issue is with the sentiment that many will respond with and that's Manning has no plans to retire. I totally agree that he doesn't have those plans. You know who else never had plans to retire and played too long past his shelf life? Brett Farve. He was just a stat horder like Manning. The question is, do you want everything that comes along with an aging and ailing Manning? We are watching that story unfold right now. How this ends in January/February should determine if we stay or just move on regardless of his decision.
                OMG....your just kidding right ? If not ....

Comment

Yeah, that aging and ailing stuff is pretty horrible, especially when one of the old guys goes off for five TDs; shocking.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I don't see Manning "ailing." I think his ankle hurt like heck for 3 games and altered his throw a bit as he couldn't plant his foot like he needed to. I don't see anything different about him. He has never been a running QB, it is not his strength. I believe the game plan on last Sunday was to run the ball a lot and not throw it and the Broncos had success. He did lead the tying drive in the 4th quarter. He is still very successful and loves what he does. I believe he will play the time left on his contract out barring a severe injury. After Elway I still watched the Broncos, but it wasn't the same. Since Manning has come to Denver I enjoy watching the Broncos more than ever. I am honored to watch a future hall of famer give his all to try to win another title.

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                      You contradict yourself.

How on one hand can you say you never disrespect his status, yet say we should dump him and move on if we dont win the SB?

And yes, you talk about him as if he is decrepit. The word means old, worn out. That is PRECISELY what you are saying he will be next year.
                      Is he not aging and ailing? He is aging, true. And he is ailing, from a severe nerve issue that will never get better. Seems to fit exactly what I said.

As for thinking I'm contradicting myself, no. Just because I'm ready to move on from him doesn't mean I don't respect his past accomplishments. Your basically saying I called the guy a bum, which Is not, and has never been the case. I just feel that 2013 is his best shot to win the SB. And 2014 will be the start of a downhill turn.
                      #swapping

Comment

I think if they win the SB Peyton will certainly come back for two in a row. None of us really know, but I think 2 in a row to finish a career is the preferred way to end it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Barring a major injury of some length, Peyton Manning will be the Broncos QB in 2014.

/thread

Comment

Uhh! Peyton!
                            sigpic

Comment

Why is manning being compared to favre? They're almost polar opposites

Comment

Is he not aging and ailing? He is aging, true. And he is ailing, from a severe nerve issue that will never get better. Seems to fit exactly what I said.

As for thinking I'm contradicting myself, no. Just because I'm ready to move on from him doesn't mean I don't respect his past accomplishments. Your basically saying I called the guy a bum, which Is not, and has never been the case. I just feel that 2013 is his best shot to win the SB. And 2014 will be the start of a downhill turn.
                                Until he starts to play badly because of age and health issues, he isnt playing badly.

And I do think that Manning at even 70% is still better than anyone else we have, or could get.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X