No announcement yet.

QB next year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He signed a five year agreement. Expect him to see it out. He is not slowing down. He just passed 40 TD's for only the second time in his career! Plus Clady is back next year and beyond as well!

People post here like its easy to win a Super Bowl. Ask Tom Brady how easy it is once your all time great defense is gone.

Comment

@flosstein: There is no sign of him starting a downhill turn. He's posting the best numbers of his career. The nerve issue has not gotten worse, and no one knows if it will get better. That's the problem with nerves: unpredictable from a medical standpoint.

You have never shown respect for his past (and present) accomplishments. You only talk about him being a "stat hoarder" (which disqualified you from the conversation), and how you're "ready to move on" even though he's not showing any signs of slowing down. Elway certainly doesn't seem poised to "move on." You never accepted him being here, so there's really nothing for you to move on from.

The Manning chapter in Denver is far from over.

Comment

You've fallen into the trap of attaching team wins and losses to the QB, which is completely asinine. While the single most influential position in all of sports, they still only participate in 50% of the action and thus get way too much credit for winning/losing. Even more asinine are the false narratives of "Peyton Manning isn't clutch" and "Peyton can't play well in the cold".

In the end, you gotta build a balanced team. As far as the QB position goes, you are not gonna upgrade in 2014 by getting rid of Peyton. That's just a ridiculous consideration and a complete waste of time and brain power.
        sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
          You've fallen into the trap of attaching team wins and losses to the QB, which is completely asinine. While the single most influential position in all of sports, they still only participate in 50% of the action and thus get way too much credit for winning/losing. Even more asinine are the false narratives of "Peyton Manning isn't clutch" and "Peyton can't play well in the cold".

In the end, you gotta build a balanced team. As far as the QB position goes, you are not gonna upgrade in 2014 by getting rid of Peyton. That's just a ridiculous consideration and a complete waste of time and brain power.
          And even if his fantasy comes true and this "decline" starts in 2014, it's not going to be enough to knock the Broncos out of contention; they certainly won't have a better chance with...whatever else will be available.

Also, Favre's bad last season had more to do with simply not wanting to play anymore. He said it multiple times and only agreed to play because Minnesota threw dump trucks of money at him to go one more year. Manning won't play if he doesn't want to or think he can. He's not a diva like Favre was.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
            @flosstein: There is no sign of him starting a downhill turn. He's posting the best numbers of his career. The nerve issue has not gotten worse, and no one knows if it will get better. That's the problem with nerves: unpredictable from a medical standpoint.

You have never shown respect for his past (and present) accomplishments. You only talk about him being a "stat hoarder" (which disqualified you from the conversation), and how you're "ready to move on" even though he's not showing any signs of slowing down. Elway certainly doesn't seem poised to "move on." You never accepted him being here, so there's really nothing for you to move on from.

The Manning chapter in Denver is far from over.
            Like I said to the question of the topic. My respone is, if we do not reach the SB this season I personally feel it would be best to move on. I feel this is a playoff team with or without Manning and if we're not playing in February with him, it's not worth it.That's specifically what he was brought here for, not for breaking passing records. And all those "Star Wars" numbers can't make up for that. And that's just my opinion. Last night was par for the course with him. It was more special for Decker than it was for Manning. He's had games like that his entire career, so it wasn't anything special. I want to see that when the temps are below freezing. I want to see a brilliant performance like that when it matters most. I'm sorry, I just believe that if it's not done this post-season, it won't be. And again that's my opinion.

And why do I have to be in a love fest with him? I do respect what he is to this football, not just the Colts or Broncos. but all football on every level. You can search any post I've made about him, be it negative or positive, and I have never disrespected his skill or place as a Future HOF'er. But because I think after this season we will start to see a decline, that's disrespectful to him?
            #swapping

Comment

I dont think that Manning coming back is a given.....I think a lot of it depends on the Oline.....If Clady and Walton can both make it back our biggest weakness becomes a strength and that will totally improve his want to take another beating next season

If he doesnt come back......I bring in a journeyman QB.....I dont think for a second that Oz will be anything more than a Christian Ponder type QB, so we will need someone that can step if Oz falters
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Manning I believe, has every intention of playing 5 years for the Broncos. Sorry, that's just what I sense.
                Ankles? Krist, he had cervical fusion surgery. I don't think a sprained ankle would dissuade him from playing on further. Really?
                The larger question here of cousre, is whether or not you as a a Bronco fan WANT him to continue after this season.
                I think the sentiment for some is:
                1) Win win it all, GREAT!. Now please retire Peyton!
                2) They fail to win it all. RETIRE you washed up old has been!

Some of you just don't want him around past this season, regardless of what happens.
                I really don't get that. Wondering:.....are you worried that his potential success in Denver might diminish the legacy of John Elway? Do you secretly WANT Manning to fail, so you can say "I told you so" and nobody touches the greatness that was John Elway?

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                  If we lose in January, and don't see February once again, do you want him back should be the question.
                  The short answer is yes. We need someone like him for another year to groom our younger QB's which we'd like to see take over the reins once he retires. I agree with Denver''s approach of having 3 Qb's. In 2-3 years I'd imagine Peyton will retire on his own unless he truly feels he can get another SB in Denver. What I do think Denver should be doing is bringing in Os perhaps earlier if the weather cools down a bit and we have the lead. Being younger and having had fewer surgeries etc. makes a big difference in how the cold impacts your joints. Add onto the fact that Brock has a freakin cannon of an arm in the later part of the season it can make for some explosive play options.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                    I dont think that Manning coming back is a given.....I think a lot of it depends on the Oline.....If Clady and Walton can both make it back our biggest weakness becomes a strength and that will totally improve his want to take another beating next season

If he doesnt come back......I bring in a journeyman QB.....I dont think for a second that Oz will be anything more than a Christian Ponder type QB, so we will need someone that can step if Oz falters
                    Clady, i get but Walton?

He's not better than Manny who has found a home at C since moving there.

Unless Manning doesnt wanna play anymore, i dont see why he wouldnt give it at least one more go at it.

Comment

Like I said to the question of the topic. My respone is, if we do not reach the SB this season I personally feel it would be best to move on. I feel this is a playoff team with or without Manning and if we're not playing in February with him, it's not worth it.That's specifically what he was brought here for, not for breaking passing records. And all those "Star Wars" numbers can't make up for that. And that's just my opinion. Last night was par for the course with him. It was more special for Decker than it was for Manning. He's had games like that his entire career, so it wasn't anything special. I want to see that when the temps are below freezing. I want to see a brilliant performance like that when it matters most. I'm sorry, I just believe that if it's not done this post-season, it won't be. And again that's my opinion.

And why do I have to be in a love fest with him? I do respect what he is to this football, not just the Colts or Broncos. but all football on every level. You can search any post I've made about him, be it negative or positive, and I have never disrespected his skill or place as a Future HOF'er. But because I think after this season we will start to see a decline, that's disrespectful to him?
                      funny, he's done that his whole career you say........Yeah, some of us have noticed, including Elway.

Comment

Yes, it was only for the division and possibly top seed, on the road in one of the toughest places to play, not special at all.

:paper:

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                          There is absolutely nothing in the realm of objective football reality to support the statement that Denver's Offensive Line is their "biggest weakness".
                          Last edited by samparnell; 12-02-2013, 08:15 AM.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Wow, the PFM hate here is overwhelming to say the least!!

Just don't get it, we are on the verge of getting the number one seed in the AFC... and some people have the nerve to want him benched???? OR even worse, to be removed from the team???

Wow, Just wow... Can't even believe this thread has this many responses to a mind blowing question.

tough, tough crowd here to say the least!!

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                              Yes, it was only for the division and possibly top seed, on the road in one of the toughest places to play, not special at all.

:paper:
                              That's how u see it, but was his performance really anything extraordinary? Were u really that amazed at what he did? Doesn't matter where it happens, you expect a 3-4 TD minimum from Manning and minus the last few weeks, we've been averaging over 40pts/game. In reality, it was just another day at the office, or just an average game for him. I'd have been amazed if he did that last week when it was in the low teens. It was a special performance for Deck though.
                              #swapping

Comment

The sooner Manning retires, the sooner we might have a high-rated QB in Madden who can scramble...

Comment

Working...
                                X