No announcement yet.

QB next year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More PFM wins games against highly ranked D's, More post of why PFM "scrambling" issues are put to rest.

pure pocket passers don't need to run around the field, they know where and when they are going with the ball (pre snap)!!

PFM for MVP BABY!!!

JUST LOVED WHAT HE DID YESTERDAY.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
      Wow, the PFM hate here is overwhelming to say the least!!

Just don't get it, we are on the verge of getting the number one seed in the AFC... and some people have the nerve to want him benched???? OR even worse, to be removed from the team???

Wow, Just wow... Can't even believe this thread has this many responses to a mind blowing question.

tough, tough crowd here to say the least!!
      I think what has happened is a response to fans such as myself, and others who are Manning first fans, and root for Denver only by association.
      Manning himself isn't a "real Bronco" in the eyes of some, because he wasn't drafted. Also he of course, had a long successful career as a Colt.
      So there is a jaundiced view of Manning in Denver. Some fans feel that he's set the franchise back by helping the Broncos win so many games, that they won't get a #1 pick for a QB.
      As starnge as that sounds, it really seems to be the case.
      Other Denver fans, that are so emotionally invested in John Elway's legacy, resent the notion that Manning may come in and help Denver win a SB, therefore somehow challenging Elway's legacy in some ways.
      Other Denver fans may resent some of Manning's success against Denver back in the 2003-4 timeframe.

Whatever it is, if Denver fails to win the SB this season, these fans will be calling for his release.

Comment

Just don't get it, we are on the verge of getting the number one seed in the AFC... and some people have the nerve to want him benched???? OR even worse, to be removed from the team???

Wow, Just wow... Can't even believe this thread has this many responses to a mind blowing question.

I think there have been two people in this thread that actually share the sentiment of "Manning should retire."

I certainly know that a majority of fans in Denver want him here as long as he is performing at a high level which currently he most certainly is.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheArtofManning View Post
          I think what has happened is a response to fans such as myself, and others who are Manning first fans, and root for Denver only by association.
          Manning himself isn't a "real Bronco" in the eyes of some, because he wasn't drafted. Also he of course, had a long successful career as a Colt.
          So there is a jaundiced view of Manning in Denver. Some fans feel that he's set the franchise back by helping the Broncos win so many games, that they won't get a #1 pick for a QB.
          As starnge as that sounds, it really seems to be the case.
          Other Denver fans, that are so emotionally invested in John Elway's legacy, resent the notion that Manning may come in and help Denver win a SB, therefore somehow challenging Elway's legacy in some ways.
          Other Denver fans may resent some of Manning's success against Denver back in the 2003-4 timeframe.

Whatever it is, if Denver fails to win the SB this season, these fans will be calling for his release.
          I think this is way off base. I would say 99% of denver fans love manning and want him for as long as he will stay. I think there is really no one practically who has any problem with Elway's legacy vs Manning. Two different types of QB's. I am as big a fan as Elway that there is. If you gave me a choice of who I want to QB my team through the playoffs, yes, I take Elway every game. However, I love manning being here and would absolutely love it if Manning got 1, 2 or 3 more SB's here. Manning will most likely go down as the greatest QB of all time if he can get 1 or 2 more. I would be very very very happy with that and so would almost every single denver fan.

Comment

I saw the title and thought, "this is either a joke or someone is trying to rile the vast majority of us."

(If memory serves, I believe Manning just came off a big comeback game with 5 TDs passing.....)

Comment

Originally posted by fightinglee View Post
              I think this is way off base. I would say 99% of denver fans love manning and want him for as long as he will stay. I think there is really no one practically who has any problem with Elway's legacy vs Manning. Two different types of QB's. I am as big a fan as Elway that there is. If you gave me a choice of who I want to QB my team through the playoffs, yes, I take Elway every game. However, I love manning being here and would absolutely love it if Manning got 1, 2 or 3 more SB's here. Manning will most likely go down as the greatest QB of all time if he can get 1 or 2 more. I would be very very very happy with that and so would almost every single denver fan.
              This very much this. Thanks for putting into words my exact thoughts.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fightinglee View Post
                I can totally agree with this. Though while not in love with Manning being here, I would like to see him win. My opinion is strictly based on whether I feel he can do it or not and how I look at that moving into 2014 and beyond.

There is no supplanting Elway's legacy in Denver with Manning. Even if he were to win 4 in a row, it wouldn't happen. That's because Elway is still running the show. HE BROUGHT MANNING TO DENVER! If anything it would take Elway from "King of Denver" to "God of Denver" status (apologies to any religious members but you get the point of reference). His legacy would be untouchable, because not only was he one of the greatest QB's ever, but he would be one of the greatest FO leaders in the history of all sports. And truthfully he's on pace to get there if thing continue at this level. So I agree, it's got nothing to do with Elway or his legacy.

My opinions are just that, my opinions. And they are not based around "legacy's" or even W's and L's.
                #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
                  I think there have been two people in this thread that actually share the sentiment of "Manning should retire." I certainly know that a majority of fans in Denver want him here as long as he is performing at a high level which currently he most certainly is.
                  Well, there should be zero.

Comment

Some don't deserve what they are witnessing.

Comment

It is kinda funny. I don't think I've seen a single Chiefs fan talk about beaching freaking ALEX SMITH and yet there is a 7 page thread about benching Manning. hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NC0S4lLIFE3 View Post
                        It is kinda funny. I don't think I've seen a single Chiefs fan talk about beaching freaking ALEX SMITH and yet there is a 7 page thread about benching Manning. hahaha
                        agreed, You can't even make this stuff up! Star Wars numbers, sitting on top of the AFC and some want another QB.

Guess I'm just a homer. that loves watching our QB win football games. Duh

Comment

If they take a QB in the draft, my pick is Derek Carr.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NC0S4lLIFE3 View Post
                            And to add to that bit of humour:

I was watching PTI (apparently, because I'm a glutton for idiocy) and they were talking Broncos/Chiefs. When they talked about Alex Smith, they said "he's playing well enough to win, scoring enough points to win".
                            I had to laugh. No talk about Smith choking or not being able to "beat Manning". Just essentially that the Chiefs defense has been "figured out" and they're not stopping offenses like they were earlier in the year.
                            All true...........but, let Peyton lose (that would be Denver lose) and my god, it's time put the old bastard out to pasture!
                            Sometimes the media is so irony impared.

Comment

Talking about Manning being bad is dumb but thinking about the future isn't that dumb because he probably could decide to retire in the next year or two. Replacing Manning now or before he decides to retire is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                                I can totally agree with this. Though while not in love with Manning being here, I would like to see him win. My opinion is strictly based on whether I feel he can do it or not and how I look at that moving into 2014 and beyond.

There is no supplanting Elway's legacy in Denver with Manning. Even if he were to win 4 in a row, it wouldn't happen. That's because Elway is still running the show. HE BROUGHT MANNING TO DENVER! If anything it would take Elway from "King of Denver" to "God of Denver" status (apologies to any religious members but you get the point of reference). His legacy would be untouchable, because not only was he one of the greatest QB's ever, but he would be one of the greatest FO leaders in the history of all sports. And truthfully he's on pace to get there if thing continue at this level. So I agree, it's got nothing to do with Elway or his legacy.

My opinions are just that, my opinions. And they are not based around "legacy's" or even W's and L's.
                                I like your post. I don't have any problem with another fan that isn't as excited about Manning as many of us. I think some of the playoff and cold weather jabs have some merit, but I still believe he is all time one of the best ever of any position.

In any case, I think you make the point beautifully. You may not be a manning fan, but as a Denver fan, you want him to succeed obviously. I just dont believe the picture painted by ArtofManning is accurate in any way. All denver fans want denver to win. If you are cheering for only manning, you are not a denver fan, and if you are cheering against him, you are not a denver fan. Legacies be damned. And I agree anyway, Elway is still a giant part of this team, so the legacy thing is not an issue. Elway took teams that had half the talent this team has to the SB (and then got demolished. ha. but we still got there). His coming back here brought a spirit of winning back with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X