No announcement yet.

QB next year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see Peyton calling it quits yet... Tempting if they win it all.
    But he hasn't taken many hits, and as long as that continues he probably has a good 2 years. The thing is, is that when Elway left, we struggled at the QB position for quite a while... Jake Plummer showed some promise. Jay had potential and was running the #2 Offense in the league... Just lacking a defense. Then Shanny got booted and then we had to start over completely. Tebow was good with a struggling Decker and Thomas... Drops didn't help, but no explosions! Tebow would be good in today's game with how much the read option has taken off... So after Manning we need to turn toward a double threat QB, Vick-like who is real accurate, fast and smart with the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by J1S View Post
      But he hasn't taken many hits, and as long as that continues he probably has a good 2 years. The thing is, is that when Elway left, we struggled at the QB position for quite a while... Jake Plummer showed some promise. Jay had potential and was running the #2 Offense in the league... Just lacking a defense. Then Shanny got booted and then we had to start over completely. Tebow was good with a struggling Decker and Thomas... Drops didn't help, but no explosions! Tebow would be good in today's game with how much the read option has taken off... So after Manning we need to turn toward a double threat QB, Vick-like who is real accurate, fast and smart with the ball.
      In other words, the guys name is Unobtanium............

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
        I feel this is a playoff team with or without Manning and if we're not playing in February with him, it's not worth it.That's specifically what he was brought here for, not for breaking passing records. And all those "Star Wars" numbers can't make up for that.
        Hmmm, sounds a lot like Jim Irsay. Those comments didn't go over particularly well with many people, not just Broncos fans.

I recognize that Irsay was in a tough position at the time of deciding what to do re: QB in Indy after PM's surgery. And I recognize that he wants him team to win SBs. He should want that, but to think that the thing that kept Indy from reaching/winning SBs was one (great) player, PM, is a bit much.

Comment

Originally posted by J1S View Post
          Those guys are not the type of QB who win championships. Pocket passers are the key to success in the league. Being a decent scrambler is a good trait to have but not a guy who runs instead of standing in the face of the rush and throws.
          sigpic

Comment

Michael Vick is not a good example of someone accurate and smart with the ball.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X