Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decker

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Ya no...I don't have that problem. My biggest beef with him at this point is he's killing my fantasy team by being the only Denver receiver I don't have.....LET SOMEONE ELSE HAVE THE BALL ERIC!!!!!!!
    Agree.
    But he did have a helluva game. DT didn't do too much. He had that one catch and run which was awesome.
    Yes, my wife likes Decker. No problem here. I rewind the game for her to see what she missed of Eric! Happy wife, Happy life! It works.
    "If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."

    Comment


    • #77
      A little off topic but after listening to Manning's presser, DT was hurt on the first catch. He couldn't raise his left arm. But he played through it and that's why Manning didn't throw to him as much.

      But he said that great play with DT, Manning said the reason he got caught was because he couldn't pump his arms on the run.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        Guys guys, you can't bring stats and logic into a forum discussion. Remember it's all an eye test, if he doesn't look like he is doing something then he must suck.

        The Decker hate is unrealistic and silly. Those that won't him off he team are either stupid or not actually a fan of this team and wants it to lose talent.

        Decker is good, he's one of the best number 2's in the league and has been since he got here. Some of you are just greedy and want all the players to be putting up Calvin Johnson like numbers when that's very unrealistic...esp when Peyton Manning is your QB, whom spreads the wealth.

        As it was said by someone else, DT had 4 drops, does that mean we should cut him?
        What was said here.
        They will prevail. I see them getting stronger as a team!
        "If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          Ya no...I don't have that problem. My biggest beef with him at this point is he's killing my fantasy team by being the only Denver receiver I don't have.....LET SOMEONE ELSE HAVE THE BALL ERIC!!!!!!!
          yeah missing a receiver on this team can be painful. I remember when DT went of for three tds he was the receiver I didn't have because my opponent had him .

          but I can live with Decker since I did start him and get 40ish points lol. Poor Welker only got me 3.8 he should be cut




          Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by jbones733 View Post
            Or that one

            Comparing them because it is very likely decker will walk next year as FA, and big part is because they have Welker. But Welker is on his last legs and decker is an elite wide out in his prime. Welker is nothing more than a possession receiver right now. He was a great talent
            Disagree.

            We sign Deck to a long term deal.

            I also disagree that he is an elite WR. He is an excellent #2, but I am not so sure he would fare well as a #1.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Saucy View Post
              Today he beat the number of touchdowns he's had the whole season. One great game doesn't answer for a season of under-performing.
              He is one of the better #2's in the league. And as had been noted, when you have the plethora of options to throw to that Manning does, not everyone is going to have great stats.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                A little off topic but after listening to Manning's presser, DT was hurt on the first catch. He couldn't raise his left arm. But he played through it and that's why Manning didn't throw to him as much.

                But he said that great play with DT, Manning said the reason he got caught was because he couldn't pump his arms on the run.
                I trust what he says. That's an interesting point to consider. Even so, the big play DT made was just that: a big play. It reminds a defense that they can't cheat off of him to cover other guys. As long as someone else is always making a play in the passing game, it's tough to stop.

                Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                Disagree.

                We sign Deck to a long term deal.

                I also disagree that he is an elite WR. He is an excellent #2, but I am not so sure he would fare well as a #1.
                He is a #2, which I'm sure Elway can use to leverage a bit. Don't think for a second that teams won't offer him money though; that could be why Decker chooses not to stay.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post

                  He is a #2, which I'm sure Elway can use to leverage a bit. Don't think for a second that teams won't offer him money though; that could be why Decker chooses not to stay.
                  Manning LOVES Decker, so im sure he'd make a pitch so they could keep him.

                  I've said before, all depends what he's asking for really.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Not sure if we sign Decker to a long term deal though. I haven't looked at next season's cap situation. Other issue and a very important one is that Woodyard is probably going to command as much money as Decker. He is going to be probably the number 1 priority for next season.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                      I trust what he says. That's an interesting point to consider. Even so, the big play DT made was just that: a big play. It reminds a defense that they can't cheat off of him to cover other guys. As long as someone else is always making a play in the passing game, it's tough to stop.



                      He is a #2, which I'm sure Elway can use to leverage a bit. Don't think for a second that teams won't offer him money though; that could be why Decker chooses not to stay.
                      I dont think they will get a chance to throw money at him. I would be surprised if his contract isnt extended before FA even starts.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Luckyshot View Post
                        Not sure if we sign Decker to a long term deal though. I haven't looked at next season's cap situation. Other issue and a very important one is that Woodyard is probably going to command as much money as Decker. He is going to be probably the number 1 priority for next season.
                        The only big FA they have are Decker, WW and DRC. I would be surprised if Champ is back at $9M which would pay for a good portion of those 3. Moreno might be in there too but his contract is unclear, I think they owe him a $5M bonus next year to keep him. Not sure if they pay that or not.

                        They have some other FA such as Beadles and Unrein but those guys aren't big money guys.
                        Last edited by broncos SB2010; 12-01-2013, 08:35 PM.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
                          Why compare Decker and Welker, they are both great. Welker is drawing a defender-or two right now and that helps Decker as well. There is a need for both of them and room for both of them.
                          Exactly this, welker draws a lot of attention for other guys

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            I have been critical of Decker, well specifically his whining and looking for flags if he's touched by a DB. This didn't seem to be an issue today and he had a monster game. Hats off to Decker for coming through today. I can't immediately move him up the totem pole of our WRs but great game. I've never said Deckers is a horrible WR, just a bit diva-ish sometimes. He may not get 4 Tds a game, but I definitely think he's good enough to leave his mark on every game we play, he's just gotta be consistent.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              He is currently the 10th ranked WR when it comes to yards so he is way ahead of a lot of other teams number 1 receivers. He also set a record for the most amount of TD's for the Broncos over a four year span so I think the front office will do everything they can to keep him in Denver.

                              All going well he will eclipse 1,000 yards against the Titans and get closer to double digit td's for the second season running.
                              www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by jbones733 View Post
                                This is why he must be signed, stupid Welker is nothing but window dressing, finesse receiver.

                                Decker has taken a back seat for everyone else and been the ultimate pro. We need him and DT long term

                                I hope the Welker signing does not make let decker walk. That would be a debacle
                                One of the reasons why Decker has been going up against the weaker Db's is because Welker is here. Make no mistake. Couple that with the fact that we also have DT who is often doubled as well and that leaves our TE & Decker often with lesser than coverage. For the last 2-3 weeks Decker was not winning these battles against the 2nd-3rd string DB's. Finally today he did and in many cases did so handily. In all fairness he needs to keep doing that throughout his contract year if he wishes to be re-signed.

                                To try and throw Welker under the bus after some of the plays and catches he has made for us this season would be a mistake in my opinion.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X