No announcement yet.

Decker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love how people are still justifying hate for Decker. He put the team in his back and fought hard to get separation yesterday. DT played SCARED the whole game.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      I love how people are still justifying hate for Decker. He put the team in his back and fought hard to get separation yesterday. DT played SCARED the whole game.
      I love how every DT threat has to hate on Decker and every Decker thread has to hate on DT.

To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
        One of the reasons why Decker has been going up against the weaker Db's is because Welker is here. Make no mistake. Couple that with the fact that we also have DT who is often doubled as well and that leaves our TE & Decker often with lesser than coverage. For the last 2-3 weeks Decker was not winning these battles against the 2nd-3rd string DB's. Finally today he did and in many cases did so handily. In all fairness he needs to keep doing that throughout his contract year if he wishes to be re-signed.

To try and throw Welker under the bus after some of the plays and catches he has made for us this season would be a mistake in my opinion.

He's got more drops than Decker, and at pretty critical times too. Funny because that's what everyone craps on ED about. Everyone wants to keep the aging midget mercenary with a serious case of the dropsies and wants to get ride of one of the best WR2 in the league.

Also, why is Welker wearing a C but not being a captain. I always see him sitting alone on the bench or sitting next to Manning...
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

He's got more drops than Decker, and at pretty critical times too. Funny because that's what everyone craps on ED about. Everyone wants to keep the aging midget mercenary with a serious case of the dropsies and wants to get ride of one of the best WR2 in the league.

Also, why is Welker wearing a C but not being a captain. I always see him sitting alone on the bench or sitting next to Manning...
          Welker replaced Clady as captain, the team voted him that.

I do agree we should keep Decker as long as he doesnt command #1 money.

More than enough ways to keep him, and players to release to do it (Kuper, Tamme, Dreessen, Champ, etc)

Comment

Decker had a great game yesterday but much of his success is because of the other players on offense, such as Welker, who need to be accounted for by the defense. Welker was doubled yesterday, you don't think that helped Decker with his 4 TD receptions?? I like Decker, he frustrates me at times, but yeah, he is a solid number 2 receiver. I hope we can keep him and at the same time I think Welker definitely contributes to this team too. His contributions in yesterday's game may not be blatantly obvious, but no doubt about it, his presence was felt. Im thinking he had a huge catch on a 3rd down to keep the chains moving and although he has had some drops throughout the season, he's also helped convert a number of 3rd down conversions throughout the season. Oh yeah, doesn't Welker have like 8 or 9 TD's this season too? That's a pretty good contribution in my opinion.

Comment

I was one of the few that never ranted on about Deckers slump, I think he is a great receiver when he is not preoccupied withe being a celebrity - I liked how he and DT got a little more physical,,, I even seen DT push one of the Chiefs safeties after the play after some jawing
              sigpic

Comment

Both Decker & Welker have had a case of the buttery hands at some point this season. Both have had stellar games. Both have had downright awful games. The difference for me, at least, is their respective roles on the team. Welker is the slot guy and is used as a blocker. He drew double teams almost all of the game which allowed Decker to have the game he had (which was stellar).

If you were to take Welker away last game Decker would have had a double on him more than he did. IMO- Decker has the ability to be a #1b receiver alongside DT. Not a WR2 as others have stated. I see the two Wr's having complimentary skillets which work perfectly together. In order for Decker to maintain that status for me he needs to win those 1-on-1's just like he did last game. He didn't against NE and you could see how that hurt the passing game in certain situations.

I do agree that Welker could sit with and work with his team-mates after the play. Welker's team-mates voted him as captain.

Comment

Working...
                X