Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheres Bailey?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
    To bring this thread back to the original topic…

    Champ came back in after he appeared to hurt his arm, but I would like to know why he wasn't playing in the second half. Anyone hear anything?
    Ya idky everything else is in here as well

    But I too am curious wth is going on

    Comment


    • #32
      Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones
      Champ Bailey said he was on a pitch count early. He didn't play later in game because his whole body didn't feel right b/c of age, rust.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by maggnus View Post
        Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones
        Champ Bailey said he was on a pitch count early. He didn't play later in game because his whole body didn't feel right b/c of age, rust.
        Because of age? Uh, that doesn't sound too good

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
          Because of age? Uh, that doesn't sound too good
          Uh oh I really hope Champ can work back in slowly over the next few games. Is the age comment a direct quote? Man even an older but healthy Champ playing as the third CB with DRC and Harris would be amazing. I really hope he can get there.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by maggnus View Post
            Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones
            Champ Bailey said he was on a pitch count early. He didn't play later in game because his whole body didn't feel right b/c of age, rust.
            I'm hoping it's just because he's not quite in game shape after not playing for so long.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by gaberox View Post
              Uh oh I really hope Champ can work back in slowly over the next few games. Is the age comment a direct quote? Man even an older but healthy Champ playing as the third CB with DRC and Harris would be amazing. I really hope he can get there.
              Agreed.

              10 char
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by maggnus View Post
                Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones
                Champ Bailey said he was on a pitch count early. He didn't play later in game because his whole body didn't feel right b/c of age, rust.
                Not good, but he did miss the last 5-6 games, so i can see where he was rusty.

                Comment


                • #38
                  It's like someone who goes from working out and marathons to just working out. The body is still in shape, but the lungs and muscle endurance aren't there when the guy tries to run a marathon again. He gets about halfway through and gasses.

                  Hopefully he'll get back into game shape. It has taken Von a while to start making an impact too. Now imagine being a lot older and recovering from an injury.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Sprained ankles can really vary in severity and really nag on recovering anything you use your legs for. I'm a powerlifter and a few years ago I had a high ankle sprain which took me about a year to really feel "normal" again. I didn't have the medical and financial support he has but it took some time to heal and lifting on it caused some odd issues with my muscles and knee joints as those were compensating for the injury. Give him some time and he should be much better in a couple weeks. He might come out feeling fine on sprints and most cuts but you make one hard lateral move and you suddenly can't run hard in a straight line.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Can i get a champ bailey as a nickle or saftey back??? WHO IS WITH ME??

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by KreitzIndy View Post
                        Wheres Bailey been the whole second half?
                        On the roster.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by adamgonzalesblu View Post
                          Can i get a champ bailey as a nickle or saftey back??? WHO IS WITH ME??
                          He'd get wrecked at both positions.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            i have a feeling if they win the Super Bowl this year Champ will retire.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by orangecrushtime View Post
                              Sprained ankles can really vary in severity and really nag on recovering anything you use your legs for. I'm a powerlifter and a few years ago I had a high ankle sprain which took me about a year to really feel "normal" again. I didn't have the medical and financial support he has but it took some time to heal and lifting on it caused some odd issues with my muscles and knee joints as those were compensating for the injury. Give him some time and he should be much better in a couple weeks. He might come out feeling fine on sprints and most cuts but you make one hard lateral move and you suddenly can't run hard in a straight line.
                              I hated that it happened to me for a dumb reason. I was walking to my car, thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye and subconsciously tried to sidestep it. I stepped awkwardly off a steep curve and sprained the snot out of it. It was swollen and completely unusable for a few days, and took about 6 months before I could do a lot of the same things on it.

                              You are right on about what else it affects too: my knee would lock up to overcompensate for the pain I became used to feeling on impact, and sometimes I'd tweak that too. It was a while before I could lift heavily on the legs again.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                It just stinks that we have such a great team and Champ is nagged with a foot injury. I'm sure it's been such a frustration to him to have played all these years and this is the closes he will get to a super bowl and can't contribute like he use to. I'd just love to see him gradually just start playing more and more and comes around during the playoffs, then makes a game winning int in the super bowl.
                                Last edited by JesseH; 12-01-2013, 07:39 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X