Wheres Bailey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JesseH View Post
    It just stinks that we have such a great team and Champ is nagged with a foot injury. I'm sure it's been such a frustration to him to have played all these years and this is the closes he will get to a super and can't contribute like he use to. I'd just love to see him gradually just start playing more and more and comes around during the playoffs, then makes a game winning int in the super bowl.
    If that happened, I bet he would just hold the ball on the ground for a moment while the teammates came out and celebrated like kids going to Chuck-E-Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseH View Post
      It just stinks that we have such a great team and Champ is nagged with a foot injury. I'm sure it's been such a frustration to him to have played all these years and this is the closes he will get to a super bowl and can't contribute like he use to. I'd just love to see him gradually just start playing more and more and comes around during the playoffs, then makes a game winning int in the super bowl.
      that would be the ultimate scenario. i like it

Comment

Originally posted by bjmohar View Post
        Not a popsicles chance in hell he gets 11 large per year.
        All u fans should be grateful that u have players like this playing for ur team. I feel like crying when i listen to the National Anthem waiting for the Broncos to play and im not even a part of the team. Moreno is a beast. for real though. love his passion and resilience . GO BRONCOS!!!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97
          Yeah i'm over him too. Worth only the league minumum at this point, nowhere near the bs salary he's making. Dime corner at best right now!
          Originally posted by adamgonzalesblu View Post
          All u fans should be grateful that u have players like this playing for ur team. I feel like crying when i listen to the National Anthem waiting for the Broncos to play and im not even a part of the team. Moreno is a beast. for real though. love his passion and resilience . GO BRONCOS!!!!!1
          What sucks is that he basically carried this defense when there wasn't much else to be excited about. Now, the crowd that came on board with an early 2012 join date don't know who the hell he was. He deserves this ring an don't forget it! Much love Champ for all the years...You remain the face of the franchise.
          [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
            What sucks is that he basically carried this defense when there wasn't much else to be excited about. Now, the crowd that came on board with an early 2012 join date don't know who the hell he was. He deserves this ring an don't forget it! Much love Champ for all the years...You remain the face of the franchise.
            Champ has struggled with injuries, but may be 100% during the playoffs. Some don't understand the value of depth, or depth with veteran experience. Denver's depth has been challenged and, so far, has held up. Even more impressive than next man up between games is guys stepping up during a game.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
              I'm hoping it's just because he's not quite in game shape after not playing for so long.
              The most likely situation.

They were talking about limiting his time today too. Pretty easy to put two and two together...
              sigpic

Comment

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...ssroads/23676/
                KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Comment

This, I wish some would take it easy on him. Great great player, banged up and getting old, I pray he goes out with a ring
                  KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Comment

Some that have joined late understand Football, and know who the HoF guys are (Champ included), don't put me in a box!! Lol

Comment

You need to get over feeling victimized, put yourself where you need to be Bro. It's just a message board.

Champ's gonna be alright with or without us.
                      [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                        He'd get wrecked at both positions.
                        I agree - if Champ is done playing corner, he's done playing. Safety isn't somewhere he can retreat to in order to extend his career - not if the issue is injuries rather than just slowing down. If anything there's probably more collisions at safety than CB - I just don't see Champ moving to safety and being dominant. Our safeties have to hit hard every play and that's just not the Champ I know. He doesn't shy away from contact - he plays smart and savvy. Safeties are more brute force than slick tricky.

I just don't see a move to safety as an alternative. I just hope he gets his game together asap because we need him. He looked fragile in today's game
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Kind of ticked they benched him on that last drive when we were getting picked apart. Hopefully Champ just needs to get his body back in shape for a playoff push. If anyone deserves a ring on this team its Champ. He stuck with us through terrible teams, atrocious defenses, and McDaniels pulling his contract extension. I really hope we can get him a ring this year and he would probably call it a career.
                          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by bjmohar View Post
                            Not a popsicles chance in hell he gets 11 large per year.
                            This is not about Moreno getting $11mil per year. Knowshon is crying because Roland gets paid $11 mil for this...

This, could mean not playing for majority of the year, or it could mean being on a very limited snap count yesterday.

Either way, $11 mil is brutal.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                              The most likely situation.

They were talking about limiting his time today too. Pretty easy to put two and two together...
                              Del Rio said in his press conference that they did limit Champ's playing time. Makes sense. He has to get back into game shape.

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Champ has struggled with injuries, but may be 100% during the playoffs. Some don't understand the value of depth, or depth with veteran experience. Denver's depth has been challenged and, so far, has held up. Even more impressive than next man up between games is guys stepping up during a game.
                              ^^^^^ This. If Champ is healthy during the playoffs his experience will only help.
                              sigpic

Comment

I think the biggest issue with Champ has been his inability to practice, especially at his age. He knows what he wants to do but his body isn't responding because it's been dormant for the majority of the season. When Champ gets back into his full routine (hopefully just in time for the playoffs), I foresee great things from him as usual.
                                sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Working...
                                X