Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doogansquest
    replied
    DRC getting healthy is more important to this playoff run than Champ, but we can use all the defensive help.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
    Agree with that. If Bruton and Adams would play safety in passing situations, we'd have a complete secondary.
    you can't be serious???? Bruton is terrible in coverage.....

Leave a comment:

• JerseyAdam
    replied
    he just needs to get back into the groove. thats been the issue not his skills.

Leave a comment:

• Broncozoidical
    replied
    Originally posted by cirehawk View Post
    Champ hasn't been up to game speed for a long time, even when healthy. Personally, I think it's time to just move on from Champ.
    When I suggested that I was told I was going to get pounded ... I did, forget it, Champ has too many fans, but the writing is on the wall.

Leave a comment:

• SmokeBassett
    replied
    Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
    ... I think Champ-DRC-Harris (slot) is one of the best trios in the league, with Jammer and Webster behind them for rotation/depth.
    Agree with that. If Bruton and Adams would play safety in passing situations, we'd have a complete secondary.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    The Denver Secondary is a good mix of youth (Harris, Webster, Ihenacho, Bruton, Bolden, Carter) and experience (Bailey, Jammer, Adams, Huff, DRC). They will complement each other during the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
    What I like about this situation is, John fox is back in the building at the right time to help Champ get back on the right track. By the end of the regular season champ will be competing at a high level again.
    Youre talkn about a 35 year old CB who has missed 95% of the season with a reoccuring foot injury. I honestly dont ever expect him back no where near his old form. He will be the fourth best defensive back on this team.

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
    I'm not worried about Champ. He only gave up a few short passes, and each time he was draped over the defender, they were just able to use good body position to snatch the ball in. They did target him, but it's natural to be a bit rusty plus competing against the best athletes in the world. There's really no useful sample size of targets to gauge how he looks, and it took Von several games to get back in form. The concern is the ankle not his age for me, he performed at a high level last year. As long as he can continue to be healthy, I think Champ-DRC-Harris (slot) is one of the best trios in the league, with Jammer and Webster behind them for rotation/depth.
    Ankles are tricky though. Broken bones and torn muscles are one thing, because they are well vascularized and heal predictably (and stronger than before). Ankles have a lot of connective tissue and sometimes never fully recover.

Leave a comment:

• cmc0605
    replied
    I'm not worried about Champ. He only gave up a few short passes, and each time he was draped over the defender, they were just able to use good body position to snatch the ball in. They did target him, but it's natural to be a bit rusty plus competing against the best athletes in the world. There's really no useful sample size of targets to gauge how he looks, and it took Von several games to get back in form. The concern is the ankle not his age for me, he performed at a high level last year. As long as he can continue to be healthy, I think Champ-DRC-Harris (slot) is one of the best trios in the league, with Jammer and Webster behind them for rotation/depth.

Leave a comment:

• shadowlands
    replied
    Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Oh man, that's horrible! Probably some scumbag trying to rob someone. You can't go anywhere these days without your sidearm.
    I hear that!!! Always packin' heat here in H-Town!!!

Leave a comment:

• johntbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Well we have 4 games and 6 weeks to get him back in game shape and ready for a playoff run. Definitely doable
    Thats my hope that both Champ and DRC will be in top form come playoffs. I hope they can both slow down the opponents pass ability.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Well we have 4 games and 6 weeks to get him back in game shape and ready for a playoff run. Definitely doable

Leave a comment:

• johntbronco
    replied
    Champ played in 30 out of the 73 plays on defense. He didn't play horrible when he was in, but he also didn't play great. It might take him a couple more games to get him into form.
    I think he still has enough in him to do a good job this year. Don't expect him to reach the form he was a few years ago.
    As far as the 10-11 million he is due for next year? Obviously, Elway will need to work out a renegotiated contract to bring that down.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
    What I like about this situation is, John fox is back in the building at the right time to help Champ get back on the right track. By the end of the regular season champ will be competing at a high level again.
    Only if his body will let him get back to a high level.

I can only hope Champ's health allows him to play at that level for the playoffs. He deserves the chance and the Bronco defense needs his experience in the playoffs. Imagine DRC on one side and a healthy Champ on the other. It will give Del Rio the ability to cover the underneath routes, spy a running QB or amp up the pass rush.

I would love to see Champ get a key playoff interception (Superbowl!) and retire with the Lombardi trophy in hand.

Leave a comment:

• DavisMVP
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X