2-1 During "The Stretch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-1 During "The Stretch"

Before playing this awkward stretch of Kansas City, New England, Kansas City, many on these boards were saying they'd be "happy" to get out of it 2-1, but could see the Broncos going 1-2.

Well, they went 2-1, and were literally a few yards or -1 fumble from going 3-0.

There are some major injuries to battle through (DRC, Julius Thomas, Vickerson, Wolfe), but every team has that. Major turnovers have given other teams points, and opponents have been executing better than in the early weeks. Yet here Denver is, #1 in the AFC, and a pretty favorable schedule heading into the end.

Are you still "happy" Denver went 2-1 during the stretch? Or are you still looking only at the flaws?

I promise you other teams have more. This is the best team in football.

Yes I am happy. I would rather have a tough loss late in the season like in Boston, than to have a tough loss in the playoffs
    sigpic

Comment

Technically 3-1, at SD wasnt an easy game either.

But cant complain about going 2-1/3-1 during that stretch at all.

Comment

Fox coming back quite soon is icing on the cake as well.
        sigpic

Comment

Cant complain though we could easily have been 3-0. The thing that worries me most going foreward is losing both Vick and Wolfe. Our run D just wasnt the same today without those guys.

Comment

2-1 in this stretch is quite acceptable. I would as rather had 3-0, but you can't have everything. With the injuries we have had it just shows the determination of this team. The NFL needs to be very afraid once we are mostly healthy.
            :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
              Are you still "happy" Denver went 2-1 during the stretch? Or are you still looking only at the flaws?

I promise you other teams have more. This is the best team in football.
              Well, I have admitted to being a *Susie Sunshine* around here, and have even been taken to task about it. So I guess it goes without saying that I'm behind this team 100%. To me, that's what being a fan is all about---sticking by your team when they win, but more importantly, even when they are down.

I can't understand why some people here want to kick the guys when they make mistakes, but then again, I'm a *transplant fan* and probably have no business being here. (Coming from a fan who used to watch Craig Morton back in the day).

Comment

We need to take care of business. I hope we don't let up after the stretch and fall into a trap game. I wouldn't look at any game as a gimme...they are all must wins until NE drops one.

Sorry, but I don't like our odds in Foxborough in January. We need the #1 seed.

Comment

You know, the way Houston played NE today makes me think that they may be up for a battle late in December. That could prove to be a tough game. I'm not sure that Tennessee is a slouch, either.

Looks like the team will be tested well by the time the playoffs roll around. If this team can just get healthy.....

Comment

So the magic number is 1 win. It must be Miami's 6 losses because we have the tie breaker on Baltimore.

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
                      We need to take care of business. I hope we don't let up after the stretch and fall into a trap game. I wouldn't look at any game as a gimme...they are all must wins until NE drops one.

Sorry, but I don't like our odds in Foxborough in January. We need the #1 seed.

You are spot on. If Denver runs the table from here on out it's 14-2 and the #1 seed.
                      New England has two tough matches left: at Miami and at Baltimore. Maybe they'll lose one of those?
                      At any rate, if Denver meets them in January, we want it in Denver, for sure.

Comment

I was very frustrated early, mostly a hangover from the NE debacle really. I am usually pretty sane about football but something about this year and all the stupid mental mistakes we make drives me nuts lol. I have to eat some crow on manning though. He showed toughness and grit this game and I wasnt sure he had it in him.
                        Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

This is why

Comment

Originally posted by gorky View Post
                            This is why
                            Ah man that is awesome!
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

We can't ask for a much better stretch!

With our head coach out and to play the teams we did with the injuries. I feel pretty good about this team. Anytime you beat a good team twice in a 3 week stretch you gotta feel good. With coach coming back it will help. I'm feeling pretty good tonight!

Comment

Working...
                              X