Denver Broncos Cold Hard Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Broncos Cold Hard Facts

If everyone would like, I can update this thread on a regular basis with Broncos cold hard facts.

Here is one to get you started....

Cold hard facts: The Broncos are 4-0 in the division, 10-0 against the division since Peyton arrived in Denver (last division loss was Tebow's last start of a regular season game, which was against K.C.). Also, the Broncos now have a 4-game winning streak against each of the division rivals, and has a chance to extend their streak to 5 against the Raiders & Chargers before the season ends.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Happy Hollidays! The official bump til Trindon brings one home thread!!!!

Happy Holidays everyone! It really is the best time of the year. The Playoff race is in full effect and the AFC is far from determined.

Last year our boy Trindon was a game changing 'X Factor' that would ignite our entire team. This year he's shown that he is indeed mortal and that returns in this game are far and few between.

If we want to be SuperBowl contenders. We need to play better. And having our X Factor back would greatly improve our chances. I begin this bump until Holliday brings one home to the endzone baby!
    Much support would be appreciated guys! I will keep bumping it Broncos Country! Don't let this get awkward now....

Comment

On a related note, if a team takes a punt or kickoff return for a TD vs the Broncos, don't panic, you can almost pencil in a Peyton led win almost every time.

Not sure how it works, it just does. 2003 AFC divisional round - Dante Hall takes one to the house, 2006 - Justin Miller takes one to the house in regular season in Colts vs Jets, 2006 - Antwan Randle El takes one to the house in regular season in Colts vs Redskins (yeah that brutal hit Redskins game), 2006 - Devin Hester SB return, 2007 - Texans, game 3 vs Colts, 2010 - Jaguars regular season game, Raiders regular season game, and recently, the 2013 Chiefs regular season game with Knile Davis.

Exceptions have been when Sproles returned it twice for a TD for Chargers vs Colts in that rain game where Freeney went out for the season in 2007 but rarely does it happen when the opponent returns just 1.

Comment

He pretty much has been average ever since before the Colts game when I declared on here that he is the most dangerous return man in the league.

Think it's partially he lost confidence after a couple fumbles and also got frustrated when teams started punting to the sidelines. He hasn't had as many opportunities lately. And a lot lately he has been trying to force the issue and pinning us deep. I would more prefer he stop doing that rather than return one.

Also injuries have a impact here too. Starters on defense go down and special teamers fill the void. Meaning more practice squad guys step into special teams roles. Lowering the quality of special teams blocking.

I just hope he hasn't been figured out and returns to the man Houston felt the need to release. Hopefully it's a small slump.

But I agree if we see flashes of trindon in the playoffs we could become unstoppable again.

I would even settle for 35-50 yard returns for field position.
        Last edited by DenverBlood; 12-19-2013, 06:07 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Coaching staff made him lose his confidence..... Mojo need to be re discovered

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
            Coaching staff made him lose his confidence..... Mojo need to be re discovered
            Why do you say this? I'm really curious about your perspective. There is also an interview with TH in the Broncos website where he said he's been frustrated that his opportunities have lowered because of fewer punts in the game.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
              Why do you say this? I'm really curious about your perspective. There is also an interview with TH in the Broncos website where he said he's been frustrated that his opportunities have lowered because of fewer punts in the game.
              Couple of fumbles. Coaching staff has gone to Welker and Caldwell a lot lately.

I believe Decker once too. Some of these closer games we need more sure hands.

So these fewer chances I think have made Holliday try harder to show he still has it. Which has backed us up inside the 15 a lot. Those out our offense at a disadvantage right away.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                Couple of fumbles. Coaching staff has gone to Welker and Caldwell a lot lately.

I believe Decker once too. Some of these closer games we need more sure hands.

So these fewer chances I think have made Holliday try harder to show he still has it. Which has backed us up inside the 15 a lot. Those out our offense at a disadvantage right away.
                Gotcha! But what do you when he puts us in bad situations? Can't keep letting it happen. I don't know though. He does need more confidence cause he's so electrifying but also gives us heart attacks.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

In my opinion we need to either let him return 100% of kickoffs and punts or let him go. Unfortunately he doesn't contribute much to the WR position and if the coaching staff has lost confidence in him, his roster spot could be better utilized. Especially considering the depth issue we are facing this year because of injury.
                  sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                    Gotcha! But what do you when he puts us in bad situations?
                    Several times this year he has tried to run balls out from the back of the end zone, balls he should kneel on, and doesn't even break the 10 yard line. Same situation with punts, only a lot of times he fair catches balls too close to the end zone with minimal pressure or he tries to run em back with a lot of pressure and loses yards. In the interview he gave last week or so, he was frustrated with the "lack of returns" in the NFL due to teams kicking from the 35 now, so now he wants to run anything he can get basically, which has shown his poor judgement. I can't count how many times he put the offense on the 10 yard line or less, cause he got greedy from 5-7 yards in the end zone. While he has proven to be explosive with some big plays, he needs to understand the Broncos offense is by far more explosive with a much higher percentage of putting points on the board. Not only that, but everytime I see him run one out, I'm afraid he is gonna get knocked into the seats, he literally makes me turn my head when I see him run.

Comment

While I think he is a great weapon and he is due to break one soon and I am waiting, He better stop making bonehead plays if he even wants the chance. I hope he plays in the next two games and cleans it up going into the playoffs cause we all know he can be an awesome weapon for us.
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Do it for me today Trindon!

-The man who's bumpin' the faith!

Comment

Bumpitty bump.

He must be saving them for the playoffs....

Or let his successful year last year go to his head.

Comment

He's just lost his confidence and it's caused him to not flow with the returns. He's just been off. Not accelerating at the right time not picking the right lane, fair catching when he has space etc. He just needs to find that rhythm again.

Comment

Cold Hard Facts - The Denver Broncos had a total of 76 touchdowns and Manning threw for 55 of them. The Bengals are the #2 team for TDs at 54. Peyton Manning threw more touchdown passes than any other team scored overall. Wow!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                              Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                              Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                              Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                              I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X