Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assuming Denver takes care of business, who do you want to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheArtofManning View Post
    Well, of course.
    We're just having a bit of fun speculating about preferences.
    I'm guessing the Wildcard Weekend contestants will be Cincy, Indy, KC and Baltimore. I'm thinking a Baltimore rematch would be a possibility. Any could advance. Indy in Denver in the Divisional Round would be cool.
    Last edited by samparnell; 12-02-2013, 09:45 AM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by BroncNugRockAvs View Post
      The Peyton Manning Revenge Tour

Colts
      Pats
      Saints.
      ^ All of this

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        I'm guessing the Wildcard Weekend contestants will be Cincy, Indy, KC and Baltimore. I'm thinking a Baltimore rematch would be a possibility. Any could advance. Indy in Denver in the Divisional Round would be cool.
        I agree abou the four possibilities.

KC - don't really want to play them a 3rd time.

Balt - They would not scare me one bit this year.

Indy - Weird team. They can be blown out, but are very fickle and hard to read. Would not scare me much in Denver.

Cinci - Manning has never lost to the Bengals his entire career. They would present a defensive challenge.

My preference would be Balt, or Indy.

Comment

The Ravens

I want a playoff revenge game.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            It doesn't matter who one wants to play. Seeding will determine the Wildcard Weekend matchups and the outcome of those games will determine who comes to Mile High.

(I voted for the Colts, 'cause I wanna see the Broncos show 'em who's the boss!)
            Last edited by southern cross; 12-02-2013, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Easy, Colts and Pats..sweet revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by martz11 View Post
                Yeah I remember when I wanted to play the Jaguars:doh:
                Me too. That was painful.

Comment

I voted Colts. I want to play them here. I think they can be a dangerous team at times and they have played well on the road at times but I think we would really take it to them playing in Denver. Their offense isn't nearly as dangerous without Wayne.

Comment

Ravens with out a doubt. I want Peyton to put up 150 pts on them and Von to leave a permanent Flacco body indentation from hitting Flacco so hard his teeth fell out.
                    sigpic

Comment

I want a revenge tour, Colts -> Pats

Comment

None of the remaining games are "gimmes" or "easy" for those teams. I don't even think Jacksonville is a gimme for Indianapolis, given how each team has looked in comparison to each other the last 3-4 weeks or so.

Cleveland has a very annoying defense and could stifle the Patriots. They could lose 1, or even 3 of their remaining games. That's the NFL.

Cinncinati could very well sneak into the 2 spot.

I also don't do the revenge from one season to the next. Each season takes on it's own identity. This season, the Colts and Patriots needed perfect, miracle type scenarios to squeak out wins against the Broncos. I'd love to host Indy in the Divisional round, and then New England in the AFCCG (or vice versa, depending on the final standings).

The toughest defense heading into the playoffs, on the AFC side, will likely be Cincinnati. The best defenses overall seem to be stacked in the NFC: Carolina, Seattle, and San Francisco. Let them all beat each other up, because none of them have really good offenses. I like Denver's chances against any of them.

SIDE NOTE: Anyone catch the Texans claiming the Patriots cheated? They had apparently used new defenses in preparation for the Patriots, so there wouldn't have been any game film on it; yet New England came out in the second half like they knew everything Houston was doing. Same thing happened to the Broncos the week before.

I don't buy it, just found it worthy of an LOL.

Originally posted by broncomommaof3 View Post
                        I voted Colts. I want to play them here. I think they can be a dangerous team at times and they have played well on the road at times but I think we would really take it to them playing in Denver. Their offense isn't nearly as dangerous without Wayne.
                        Their offense wasn't dangerous with Wayne. They weren't explosive, or putting up a lot of points, or even getting over 225 passing yards a game when he was out there. They scored on Denver because Denver gave them the ball a hundred times.
                        Last edited by Doogansquest; 12-02-2013, 01:21 PM.

Comment

There are no cake walks in the playoffs. We thought we'd clobber the Ravens last year and we all know how that turned out. It doesn't really matter to me who we play, as long as we win. But if I had my way, we'd beat the Colts in the divisional and then beat the Patriots in the Championship game, followed by beating the Saints in the Super Bowl.
                          ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Send that moron Irsay home crying.
                            sigpic

Comment

Colts, i want to watch luck crumble in the playoffs

Comment

Texans probably used those defenses in the first half. Kind of makes me wonder how often the Texans make adjustments at halftime if they're actually saying that

Comment

Working...
                                X