Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assuming Denver takes care of business, who do you want to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trc1962
    replied
    I agree about Seattle, they are almost unbeatable at home but they are very average on the road. That said, they do have homefield advantage pretty well wrapped up. As far as the AFC I think I would like to avoid the Chiefs as beating a team a third time is hard. Indy could be a good or bad thing for peyton, but it isn't in Indy (Mannings old house) but in his new house. I don't know enough about Cincy to have an opinion yet. I want to beat the Pat's and do it convincingly. It irks me that Brady can scream at officials and get away with it. Yesterday the Pat's had NO penalties called on them versus Houston and that is unbalanced officiating. Time will tell, but it is fun to speculate!

Leave a comment:

• broncsx3
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    It doesn't matter who one wants to play. Seeding will determine the Wildcard Weekend matchups and the outcome of those games will determine who comes to Mile High.
    What a wet blanket you are.

Why did you even post in this thread? Were you under the impression that the rest of us thought the NFL was a reality show and we got to vote the winners through and you wanted to disabuse us of that wrongful notion?

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Not SEA. They are no joke. Their D is relentless, in your face and don't let up. Watching what they are doing to Drew Bree's and the Saints is sick.

They stop just about everything, the run, the long ball and their pass rush is insane. They have completely shut down NO's offense. Holy smokes!
    They do that at home. They don't do that anywhere else. Consider a neutral field and no "12th man."

Also, they give up a 44% conversion rate on 3rd down when the distance is anywhere between 4-7 yards. That's pretty terrible. They give up 38% overall (consider that Denver gives up 38.1%) on 3rd down. Denver is the #1 at picking up 3rd downs (49%). That gives Denver a chance to keep a lot of drives going, and once in the red zone, no offense is even CLOSE to Denver's. No defense has really stopped Denver there. At home Denver is 80.77%, on the road they are 79.17%, so it doesn't matter where they are playing, they score inside the 20. That's 13% higher than the 2nd place team, by the way.

The numbers are absurd compared to the other "great" offenses in the league. We convert 3rd downs 5% more efficiently, score 13 points per game more, and score 26% more often in the red zone than New Orleans, for example. I'm actually not that worried about Seattle. Face it, a defense that hasn't played Denver...hasn't played Denver. Seattle won't have their precious home stadium if/when we play them either.

I want this team to be considered one of the best of all-time, and to do that, you've got to go through some great teams in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Doogansquest; 12-02-2013, 11:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KoolBreeze
    replied
    Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
    Whoever is easiest for Denver to beat.

My anxiety level will be through the roof if the Broncos need to beat the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl.
    Based on tonight's game, I'd say that Seattle is a safe bet for the Super Bowl. That's gonna be tuff on a frozen field in New Jersey in Feburary. But we got to get there first.

But who knows, history tells us that it is rare for 2 #1 seeds to end up in the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by KoolBreeze; 12-02-2013, 09:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post

My anxiety level will be through the roof if the Broncos need to beat the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl.
    I'm with you. That game vs NO was sick. NO couldn't do anything because that D is smothering. Every pass was defended. And I mean every pass. Drew Bree's being held to. 7 points and 185 yards is scary.

Leave a comment:

• mozzerpete
    replied
    I would like to see and beat the Colts.

Although I think Seattle is going to win it all.
    They are playing like we should be playing.

Leave a comment:

• Hanzo the Razor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Giddy'up
    replied
    Colts,,, I would love to stomp them for the way the owner treated Manning

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic JS
    replied
    Colts - Divisional

Patriots - Conference

Saints/Seahawks - League (Super Bowl)

Leave a comment:

• orangecrushtime
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Not SEA. They are no joke. Their D is relentless, in your face and don't let up. Watching what they are doing to Drew Bree's and the Saints is sick.

They stop just about everything, the run, the long ball and their pass rush is insane. They have completely shut down NO's offense. Holy smokes!
    Well if it is Seattle it'll be in the Superbowl. If your going to be the best you got to beat the best though.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chad72
    replied
    I think the preference should be Chiefs, to be honest.

The reason is who Chris Clark has struggled the least against. Robert Mathis and Terrell Suggs would both be difficult matchups while shaking the rust off a bye week for Chris Clark. So far, in 2 games vs Chiefs, Tamba Hali and Justin Houston have not bothered Peyton nearly as much as Mathis bothered Chris Clark. I'm sure now that the Ravens' D is gelling, Suggs and Doom will be fired up to come after Peyton.

So, Chiefs first, Colts next because of their offensive issues lately, and then the others.

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    I can't tell you how badly I want to destroy the Ravens again...

Leave a comment:

• jclark34
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncNugRockAvs View Post
    The Peyton Manning Revenge Tour

Colts
    Pats
    Saints.
    As much as that would be a very hard road to go, I want it that way too. Taking those three down would make a super bowl win so much more gratifying.

Leave a comment:

• Mustangtoby
    replied
    I'd love some revenge on the ratbirds. Make the playoff win even worse than the first game this year, put a 60 burger on them this time!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X