Biggest Threat in AFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Threat in AFC

I was feeling completely defeated (as I am sure most of you guys were) after last week's debacle. However, I loved the gutty win yesterday with Decker and Ball really stepping up on offense. After showing that KC poses little threat to us in the AFC, which team in the AFC then scares you the most?

For me it is Cincy. The way they play defense reminds me a lot of last year's Ravens. They have a capable offense especially if Dalton plays well. I think they will be a handful in the playoffs. Even more so than the Patriots.
    Visit ticketSCORE.com today for Broncos SuperBowl tickets!

Our Biggest Threat in AFC is "Mother Nature", no mater who we play, if it is 50+ we can win. If its below 20.... We will have a hard time beating any team. Just hope Mother Nature doesn't come into town.

Comment

The Patriots for me, any team in the playoffs can beat any team but they are the only team I would be weary of beforehand.

They have looked poor at times this season, Brady especially but it doesn't seem to have done them much harm.

Comment

The Pats......

Comment

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
          Our Biggest Threat in AFC is "Mother Nature", no mater who we play, if it is 50+ we can win. If its below 20.... We will have a hard time beating any team. Just hope Mother Nature doesn't come into town.
          I guess we are screwed this sunday then. Its suppose be one of the coldest weeks in years. Not suppose to get out of the teens and below zero at night time.

I'm not too worried though
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
            Was thinking more of teams but point taken.
            Visit ticketSCORE.com today for Broncos SuperBowl tickets!

Comment

the patriots b/c of 2 words tom brady....

yes cincy beat them but that was before tom n these wr's starting getting on the same page...KC is there to its not like we blew them out both times there a very good team...

Comment

Pats for me
                sigpic

Comment

KC is only a few wide receivers from being a real contender.

But the Pats are our worst threat, we might be able to beat them at home if the weather is right.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
                    I guess we are screwed this sunday then. Its suppose be one of the coldest weeks in years. Not suppose to get out of the teens and below zero at night time.

I'm not too worried though
                    Are we talking about top team in the AFC or low class teams? because all the teams going to the playoffs have a good chance vs broncos in the playoff if it is under 20, if it is above 50 (here in Denver) that's a different story. If we talking about the last 4 regular season games, then the only team able to maybe pull a upset is San degio (not that they will, but out of the last 4 games)

Originally posted by Tony Bronco View Post
                    Was thinking more of teams but point taken.
                    If we talking about teams, it has to be the PATs, because I think a shoot out is harder to win than playing a team that plays defense.

Comment

I guess patriots, not because they are talented....they are overachieving IMO

Comment

I think that as long as we have the home field and the weather holds up, we can beat any team in the league. Northern teams such as NE and Baltimore are used to cold weather and it does not effect them as much as Denver. The Broncos have a winning record over the Pats in Mile high but can not seem to beat the Pats on the road and lately we always seem to have to go on the road.

Peyton Manning has played his whole career in a dome and to date only one dome team has ever won the Superbowl in an outside stadium and that game was in Miami (New Orleans Saints) against another dome team. The 99 Rams won a Superbowl but they never had to leave the dome as they had HFA and the Superbowl was in Atlanta and they only won by one yard. Peyton Manning is still trying to acclimate to the cold and the nerve regeneration from his neck surgeries have slowed that process down.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                          Peyton Manning has played his whole career in a dome and to date only one dome team has ever won the Superbowl in an outside stadium and that game was in Miami (New Orleans Saints) against another dome team.
                          Actually, you are forgetting that Manning himself won Super Bowl XLI in Miami vs Chicago, a city notorious for its terrible weather conditions. Granted, it was played in Miami but if my memory serves me right it was the only Super Bowl at least partially played in the rain.

In regards to the original topic, New England is hands down the biggest threat Denver will face in the AFC. Brady just showed this team two weeks ago that a 24 point lead means nothing in regards to how quickly NE can come back. They almost did the same thing to San Francisco last year but San Francisco had just about the best defense in football last year so they held on.

And as for the worries about the weather, I think adverse weather conditions (i.e. strong wind gusts and precipitation) are much more the bigger obstacle than the temperature itself. Manning's passes can't be affected by temperature but they sure as heck can be sent off target by wind gusts, and our subpar ball security can be made even worse by slippery wet snow/rain. So I'm just crossing my fingers that if it will be freezing cold, it will at least be sunny, calm, and dry!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                            Northern teams such as NE and Baltimore are used to cold weather and it does not effect them as much as Denver.
                            This is not a correct statement. When you compare the December and January average highs in Denver, Boston, and Baltimore, Denver is only marginally warmer.When you compare the low temperatures Denver is the coldest of the three cities, and significantly so.

Comment

It's a matter of who can get hot in the playoffs. Andy Dalton is such an unknown, I wouldn't bet on the Bengals. Luck could get hot as could Flacco, if the Ravens get in. Brady is starting to be questioned about his playoff performances. The Ravens beat the Pats 28-13 last year in Foxboro in the AFCCG. KC will need to hit the road. They seem to have the correct formula for winning on the road in the playoffs.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X