Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hope the next two games are frigid cold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope the next two games are frigid cold!

We have to face the facts - Manning simply does not play at his best in cold weather games. That is why I hope our next two home games are very cold. This team needs to prove to themselves that they can overcome the monkey on their back, considering it is likely we will be playing cold playoff games at Mile High/Foxboro, and then possibly the Superbowl in NY/NJ. I really don't want us to go into the playoffs with the only really cold game we have played being our loss at New England. I think it would do a lot for our confidence if we pulled out a solid win in cold weather!

Forcast for next Sunday - 25 degrees w/ snow. Not bad... BRING ON THE FREEZE!
    The Magic Is Back! IN ELWAY WE TRUST!

Originally posted by ethanjano View Post
    We have to face the facts - Manning simply does not play at his best in cold weather games. That is why I hope our next two home games are very cold. This team needs to prove to themselves that they can overcome the monkey on their back, considering it is likely we will be playing cold playoff games at Mile High/Foxboro, and then possibly the Superbowl in NY/NJ. I really don't want us to go into the playoffs with the only really cold game we have played being our loss at New England. I think it would do a lot for our confidence if we pulled out a solid win in cold weather!

Yes your post has merit.I think the titans are just the type of team with there very good hard hitting D to enjoy a cold snowy game.

Comment

Ellis needs to install a meat locker in Dove Valley where Manning and his receivers can practice routes for hours on end. Get it done.
      sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

This whole week is suppose to be frigid cold but don't think we are suppose to get much snow.

It def will be good practice come playoff time
        sigpic

Comment

Good post. I must spread. Does that mean low-fat vegetable schmeer?

A couple of cold weather games at Mile High would be good experience to continue Manning's process of acclimatizing to subzero playing conditions. Then, it would be off to Oakland and Houston.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Listen, you guys need a defense that can hold on to a lead, cold weather or warm weather.

Let us see. Flacco postseason game, 30 seconds to go, 70 yards to go, the D had a chance and blew it. Then, 3rd qtr. of Pats game, D has chances to put down clamps, they blow it again. Yesterday, vs Alex Smith, almost blew a 35-21 lead again.

Peyton turned it over just once during the above mentioned time frames in all those 3 games that I quoted above.

If you want Peyton to put up 40 pts to save your behind every time, that is not a recipe for playoff winning, hands down.
            Last edited by chad72; 12-02-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I don't, but it looks inevitable that the next 2 games will be freezing cold and possible snow.

Bad weather is a great leveller. Normally we would blow these 2 teams out, I'm still confident at home but it makes it a bit more worrying

Comment

You are correct. The biggest issue is Manning needs to get accustomed to playing through the arm/hand issues that develop in those temps. It's one thing in practice, but in live fire it's a different animal. So far there's only been 3 games where the temps dipped below freezing. We need more and we need more this season. That's the only way we will win in January. More experience with the discomfort and playing through it, not hoping for good weather.
                #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                  Listen, you guys need a defense that can hold on to a lead, cold weather or warm weather.

Let us see. Flacco postseason game, 30 seconds to go, 70 yards to go, the D had a chance and blew it. Then, 3rd qtr. of Pats game, D has chances to put down clamps, they blow it again. Yesterday, vs Alex Smith, almost blew a 35-21 lead again.

If you want Peyton to put up 40 pts to save your behind every time, that is not a recipe for playoff winning, hands down.
                  The team needs to get it done. And by the way, it was the defense and special teams that pretty much gave us those leads in both the Ravens and Pats games. Manning had just as much to do with those losses as anyone on the team. I just hope Manning has the opportunity to improve on his "playoff recipe" here in Denver...
                  sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
                    The team needs to get it done. And by the way, it was the defense and special teams that pretty much gave us those leads in both the Ravens and Pats games. Manning had just as much to do with those losses as anyone on the team. I just hope Manning has the opportunity to improve on his "playoff recipe" here in Denver...
                    This is where you are missing the point. Complementary football is what I call it.

When a D gets a turnover, what is the job of the O to do, cash in on it and put up points on the board? Did Peyton and the Broncos' O cash in on the opportunities? Yes. Ravens turned over the ball once in last year's playoff game vs Broncos but the Broncos did not cash it into points. So, in this case Peyton and the O did what he had to do to cash in on it.

When the O stumbled and gave up a fumble, did the D give up a TD almost every time a turnover happened? The answer is yes. When the O got stagnant, did the D give it a lift? The answer is no, at least till overtime came along.

Scheme or personnel, the D lacked aggression to put the game away. Until they can do so in a playoff scenario, the Broncos are still going to watch the SB from their couches.

The talent assembled on the D does not reflect in the results, IMO. It does on the offensive side, way more consistently than on the defensive side. This D can do better than being 20th or worse in several categories across the board.
                    Last edited by chad72; 12-02-2013, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      I don't, but it looks inevitable that the next 2 games will be freezing cold and possible snow.

Bad weather is a great leveller. Normally we would blow these 2 teams out, I'm still confident at home but it makes it a bit more worrying
                      I enjoy a good blow out as much as the next fan, but like you said, cold weather can be a leveller. We should be able to beat these teams handily, cold weather or not, which is why it would be helpful to prove that to ourselves. If we can't beat the Titans in cold weather during the regular season, how can we expect to beat Tom Brady, the King of Cold, in the playoffs?
                      The Magic Is Back! IN ELWAY WE TRUST!

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post

Peyton turned it over just once during the above mentioned time frames in all those 3 games that I quoted above.

To be fair, we are missing Wolfe/DRC who are big parts to the defense as well as Moore but well said.

Comment

It is funny, last game of the season last year, my wife, brother and I were at the game. 23 degrees, and with the wind chill it felt like 6. I realize it was last year's Chiefs, but we handled them quite easily, and Peyton looked fine to me. Hell, Brock even went in during the 4th quarter.

Comment

Wolfe, Moore, DRC, champ is not at game speed, Vickerson. Once the D gets healthy and cohesive.....pshhhhh chiefs are frauds, we all knew it....some will just take the high road

Comment

Originally posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
                              Wolfe, Moore, DRC, champ is not at game speed, Vickerson. Once the D gets healthy and cohesive.....pshhhhh chiefs are frauds, we all knew it....some will just take the high road
                              Will Champ be 100% again? Rahim Moore is on IR, is he not? Vickerson, will he be back in game shape on time?

Is it wishful thinking expecting the D to be healthy and cohesive? That is my true question.

Comment

Working...
                              X