Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hope the next two games are frigid cold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    I guess when I said I don't care about the "stats don't matter" wasn't clear.

I don't like when Manning plays bad. Bad being reflected by stats like touchdowns and yards. Bad like turnovers.

A loss where Manning is playing at his best does not anger me. A loss where our running back rushes for over 200 yards and our defense spots us any number of points does anger me.

Is it unrealistic for me to expect him to score at least 35 points a game (something he's done 10 times this year and has a season low of 27)? Is it unreasonable for me to expect him to have less than 15 turnovers on the season (he's currently sitting at 15)?

I don't believe so.
    Who in the league is playing better than him right now? He leads the league in yards, touchdowns, and is #2 in passer rating. What do you want from him?

35 points a game? What other QB is averaging 35 points a game? Who would you rather have playing QB for the Broncos over him?

Manning isn't just leading the NFL this season, he's having an all-time great season and is on pace to break records.

If this isn't enough for you, I don't hink anything ever will be.

Comment

This thread reminds of me of the following scene in Armgeddon.

Oscar: “What's it gonna be like up there?”
      Truman: “Two hundred degrees in the sunlight, minus two hundred in the shade. Canyons of razor-sharp rock. Unpredictable gravitational conditions. Unexpected eruptions, things like that.”
      Oscar: “Ok, so the scariest environment imaginable. Thanks, that's all you gotta say. Scariest environment imaginable.”

Typical fan: "What do you expect out of Manning?"

Draftnik: 400+ yards, 5+ touchdowns, crisp, pristine spirals, 75% completion rate, 250 on the ground, 40+ points, lasers, rockets, and zero turnovers. Unrecognizable defenses digested. Unexpected blitzes picked up, things like that"

Typical fan: "Ok so Basically, unrealistic expectations, Thanks, that's all you gotta say. Basically, unrealistic expectations.”

Comment

Jeez guys... Getting a little off track here.

I just hope it's as cold as everyone thinks it's gonna be come Sunday.

Comment

You guys know who likes cold weather games? Montee ball

Comment

Originally posted by allthings18 View Post
            This thread reminds of me of the following scene in Armgeddon.

Oscar: “What's it gonna be like up there?”
            Truman: “Two hundred degrees in the sunlight, minus two hundred in the shade. Canyons of razor-sharp rock. Unpredictable gravitational conditions. Unexpected eruptions, things like that.”
            Oscar: “Ok, so the scariest environment imaginable. Thanks, that's all you gotta say. Scariest environment imaginable.”

Typical fan: "What do you expect out of Manning?"

Draftnik: 400+ yards, 5+ touchdowns, crisp, pristine spirals, 75% completion rate, 250 on the ground, 40+ points, lasers, rockets, and zero turnovers. Unrecognizable defenses digested. Unexpected blitzes picked up, things like that"

Typical fan: "Ok so Basically, unrealistic expectations, Thanks, that's all you gotta say. Basically, unrealistic expectations.”
            Welcome to ignore list! I don't appreciate condescending posts. It neither adds to discussion nor serves a point.

Apologies to OP for derailing your thread though.
            Denver Broncos GM
            Originally posted by Mosk
            Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Welcome to ignore list! I don't appreciate condescending posts. It neither adds to discussion nor serves a point.

Apologies to OP for derailing your thread though.

That wasn't condescending, if that's what you want, I can whip a batch up for you rather quickly.

Just have to laugh off the absurdity of those expectations.

But by all means... Ignore me. Please do.

Comment

With our talent he should be throwing 4 touchdowns a game. A 5 touchdown performance isn't impressive to me, it's simply another day and it's also a day he threw two awful interceptions. He isn't Orton or Tebow, and he doesn't have their lack of talent around them. I'm happy when he plays like Manning but when he's almost losing us Games that we can't afford to lose I will not give him slack.

This team has yet to reach perfection and each day we are happy with mediocrity (relative to our potential), each day we don't get better is wasted. Do you think we're getting better?

I don't want to be another failed dream team project.
                Thanks for your thoughts Jim Irsay.

Comment

I know its going to be cold this Sunday but its not what I would have wished for. Players are far more likely injured when its cold, because its hard to stay loose when you are freezing. Peyton needs several more weeks of lesser strain on his ankle for more healing time, not fridged games to endure.

Also overall we have never really been a good cold weather or bad weather team.

I hope at least its a sunny day on Sunday and then it warms up into the 50's for the Thursday game.
                  Last edited by section 118; 12-03-2013, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Forcast right now for the game is 22 degrees with 30% chance of snow and 8mph winds

Comment

Cold or not, the Fedex guy yesterday told me that when this team gets all the defense back on the field, it will be scary good! :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
                        Basically, unrealistic expectations.

Manning has to have a phenomenal game each and every time. He can't ever have a decent game, it's always got to be 3 and 4 TDs each and every time.

He can't have a so-so game and have the people around him come up and make some big plays. If any of his passes isn't placed exactly in a receiver's hands, he's costing his team the game.

Championships determine QB quality? Then Eli Manning and Ben Rothlesberger are the best QBs of the past decade.
                        I have said this in a different thread but I will repeat it here. Peyton is human so of course he can have an off day. I wasn't happy about the way he played in NE, but at the same time he's human so after the 11 weeks of great play i expect a let down every once in a while. What I don't like though is people defending his play that game. Yes there were some drops our wideouts, they had a bad day as well, but to not criticize Peyton's performance at all for the NE game is homerism.

He played bad, it happens, but he played bad. Two of the td's allowed by the D in that game were on drives starting near Denver's 30 yard line from Peyton's fumble and INT. (there was also a fumble by Ball that gave NE the ball on Denver's 32 as well) Now should the Defense be able to hold them to a FG on at least one of these drive I would hope so, but they like Peyton had a bad 3rd quarter, I am not excusing them either. I guess all I and other longtime Broncos fans want is for realistic analysis of the game at hand not the defense should have stopped them every time they got the ball on Denver's 30 yard line, so it's their fault not Peyton's.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
                          Jeez guys... Getting a little off track here.

I just hope it's as cold as everyone thinks it's gonna be come Sunday.

It is going to be cold from everything I have heard...though they did say there shouldn't be any snow falling Sunday.(as you and i both know though 20% of the time the weather people are right in Denver) So I am definitely stoked to put on my cold weather gear and yell my face off! :thumb:
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                            Listen, you guys need a defense that can hold on to a lead, cold weather or warm weather.

Let us see. Flacco postseason game, 30 seconds to go, 70 yards to go, the D had a chance and blew it. Then, 3rd qtr. of Pats game, D has chances to put down clamps, they blow it again. Yesterday, vs Alex Smith, almost blew a 35-21 lead again.

Peyton turned it over just once during the above mentioned time frames in all those 3 games that I quoted above.

If you want Peyton to put up 40 pts to save your behind every time, that is not a recipe for playoff winning, hands down.
                            EXCELLENT post.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
                              Yes your post has merit.I think the titans are just the type of team with there very good hard hitting D to enjoy a cold snowy game.
                              Blame Peyton for the NE loss if you want, but Thomas and Welker did not seem to be able to hang onto the ball and the NE secondary played better and tighter coverage than Denver's. I also seem to remember a cold weather playoff game in Baltimore that PM led the Colts on a time consuming drive eating up most of the 4th quarter putting the game away for the Colts.

Comment

Originally posted by High Plains Vol View Post
                                Blame Peyton for the NE loss if you want, but Thomas and Welker did not seem to be able to hang onto the ball and the NE secondary played better and tighter coverage than Denver's. I also seem to remember a cold weather playoff game in Baltimore that PM led the Colts on a time consuming drive eating up most of the 4th quarter putting the game away for the Colts.
                                The difference was the Colts' D held on to the lead with a sack fumble recovery created by Mathis.

I don't care if the lead is 17-14 like the Giants had with 35 seconds to go in SB 42 or 35-28 that the Broncos had with 30 seconds to go last year. When you have a chance to put the game away, you put the game away.

I remember the Pats-Eagles SB. McNabb got them back from 14-24 to 21-24 back into the game and was driving again but the Pats' D got a game sealing INT to put the game away. You don't hear Pats fans crying about "well, Brady is a HOF QB (more so now than then), he should have put up more than 24 pts, he did nothing once they went up 24-14" and that is because they WON and sealed the deal. Flacco was driving in the 2011 AFCCG at Foxboro, Lee Evans has a TD that is batted out of his hands and then Cundiff misses a FG. The Pats' D at least provided a chance for the team to have a stalemate, OT at worst in a 20-23 game and then lady luck shined with the Cundiff miss.

It is truly not about Peyton or Brady in the end. The team just needs to do what is needed to seal the game, whichever side has the chance to seal the deal.
                                Last edited by chad72; 12-03-2013, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X