Seahawks vs Broncos matchup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seahawks vs Broncos matchup

Looks like the Seahawks look awesome at home in the SEA-NO matchup last night. So, it made me wonder. I know I am getting ahead of myself, we still have to 1) Stay healthy 2)Win the division 3) get #1 seed 4) win divisional playoff game 5) win afc conference game.

How would the Broncos match up to the Seahawks?

(I'm hoping somehow they won't be there when we do go)

I am assuming you weren't the only one thinking about that matchup. I know I was. Still at least six games to be played before the Broncos get there though.

Seattle was impressive. Certainly going to be tough for any NFC team to win there in the playoffs. Do not envy them at all at the attempt. Certainly will be fun to watch.

If the Broncos get to the Superbowl, they will face any one of very similar teams IMO. At this point it looks like Seattle, Carolina or San Francisco. Last night exposed the Saints defense IMO.

All three teams from the NFC have top defenses, very good hard running RBs and mobile QBs. Difficult match-ups on both sides of the ball. But Manning's experience (even in a NY blizzard) and the overall speed on the defense gives the Broncos a great chance to win.

Turnovers scare me the most though. All three of those NFC teams are opportunistic and create big plays on defense. Can the Broncos not make those mistakes and create their own ? Go Broncos!

Comment

After watching that game last night, I would not want to play SEA. What they did to NO's offense was scary sick.

That defense is smothering. They play aggressive, are relentless and in your face. They contested every throw by NO. And I mean every throw. They attacked at the LOS and wouldn't give up anything. Maybe they are different away from home, but man, they are unbelievable.

I am envious of their D and was wishing that our D was like that because they played for a full 60 and go for the throat and don't let the opponent to get in the game .

Of course the SB is on a neutral field, but man, I was stunned by what they did to a high-powered offense.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

But don't you think that a lot of Seattle's domination is due to playing in that extraordinarily loud stadium? From what I saw of the game, and I didn't watch it all, it appeared as though Brees and the Saints were rattled by the extreme noise and the stadium environment.

The Broncos wouldn't have to deal with the exact same environment in a Super Bowl situation. Hopefully, there would be a 50/50 mix of fans from both teams.

Comment

I'm honestly not all that worried about them. They don't phase me and neither should they phase the Broncos. The Broncos focus is Tennessee, after that it's wrapping up he rest of the opponents one by one each week.

As for the Seahawks they have shown this season that they are kinda streaky. As in their defense will be lights out one weak, then above average the weak after. Wilson is a good QB but he too has had games this season where he was pretty mediocre. The biggest constant and consistent threat is Lynch.

In a match up with Denver, if the defense is healthy and can tame Lynch, then they can keep Seattle under 20 points.
          On offense if Denver can minimize turn overs or not turn it over at all, and spread the ball around then it's a winnable game.

Every team has a chance to beat anybody, it just takes one off day. Ask Green Bay when they was going for 16-0 then lost to the Chiefs in what should've been an easy win. Same thing this season with the Jags, though we still won they did put up a fight. That's the beauty of the sport, anything can happen. Denver could beat Seattle and Seattle could beat Denver. It's unknown until they meet and if they meet. Let's not crown them the NFC champs yet, just as we shouldn't crown ourselves AFC champs.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by southern cross View Post
            But don't you think that a lot of Seattle's domination is due to playing in that extraordinarily loud stadium? From what I saw of the game, and I didn't watch it all, it appeared as though Brees and the Saints were rattled by the extreme noise and the stadium environment.

The Broncos wouldn't have to deal with the exact same environment in a Super Bowl situation. Hopefully, there would be a 50/50 mix of fans from both teams.
            I agree that the Seahawks have a HUGE advantage in their own stadium. That's what makes it a good possibility that they might represent the NFC side for the SB. Only time will tell!

Comment

Originally posted by southern cross View Post

Good point. They are a different team on the road. Actually now that I think of it, there was one game where they played a lesser team, (can't remember who it was) and their win came from a goal line stand.

But Jeez, after watching what they did last night was unbelievable. I kept thinking if we play them, we absolutely cannot make mistakes or TO's and expect to win.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Completely different team on the road and Seattle aint hosting the superbowl. If we make it, I like our chances against any NFC team, especially in the cold of NJ.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  I'm honestly not all that worried about them. They don't phase me and neither should they phase the Broncos. The Broncos focus is Tennessee, after that it's wrapping up he rest of the opponents one by one each week.

As for the Seahawks they have shown this season that they are kinda streaky. As in their defense will be lights out one weak, then above average the weak after. Wilson is a good QB but he too has had games this season where he was pretty mediocre. The biggest constant and consistent threat is Lynch.

In a match up with Denver, if the defense is healthy and can tame Lynch, then they can keep Seattle under 20 points.
                  On offense if Denver can minimize turn overs or not turn it over at all, and spread the ball around then it's a winnable game.

Every team has a chance to beat anybody, it just takes one off day. Ask Green Bay when they was going for 16-0 then lost to the Chiefs in what should've been an easy win. Same thing this season with the Jags, though we still won they did put up a fight. That's the beauty of the sport, anything can happen. Denver could beat Seattle and Seattle could beat Denver. It's unknown until they meet and if they meet. Let's not crown them the NFC champs yet, just as we shouldn't crown ourselves AFC champs.
                  What makes you so sure we can keep them under 20 points? We have only held 2 teams to 20 points or less and both of those teams do not have very good offenses. The Jag & KC are the only two teams and they rank in the bottom of the league in offense.

Our defense hasn't shown me anything that would make me say we could keep any team under 20 points let alone one of the top teams in the league.

Del Rio really needs to get our defense playing better in these last few games or this could be a short post season. We give up 30+ points again this year in the post season it will be another short lived post season and it won't matter who we are playing.
                  sigpic
                  Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                  2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                  2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

They are scary good at home and a good team away from that 12th man. Lucky for us the game is in NY but if I had to choose a team not to play in the SB it would be Seattle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
                      They are scary good at home and a good team away from that 12th man. Lucky for us the game is in NY but if I had to choose a team not to play in the SB it would be Seattle
                      You know, Carolina is not looking too shabby lately, either. Well, the Lions could make a surge as well. I don't know...

Comment

NEUTRAL STADIUM is the key. They are beatable away from home if you keep it close enough throughout the game and pull away at the end. That is how the Colts did it. But then, the Seahawks were missing both their starting tackles and the Colts had Wayne.

You need to avoid 3rd and longs with a good run game vs the Seahawks and be physical with them by keeping the game close. However, with Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch in an outdoor SB, they are going to be mighty hard to beat if they get there.

Interestingly enough, the Broncos' LBs have played better vs mobile QBs than pocket passers. Brady will be more harder to beat for the Broncos' D than Russell Wilson, just a gut feeling. Only Peyton and Brady have the moxie to handle the Seahawks in a neutral stadium in a SB, IMO. The edge among all the coaches fo the Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos, Pats, however goes to Belichick when he gets 2 weeks to plan.

Panthers can match them on D but do not have enough offensive firepower to go toe-to-toe if they go down by a TD or more. 49ers do, with Crabtree back to go with Vernon Davis and Boldin. 49ers can also be that physical bully that can match up with the Seahawks bullies, and we could potentially see a divisional round matchup between Seahawks and 49ers who may be peaking at the right time, IMO.
                        Last edited by chad72; 12-03-2013, 07:36 AM.

Comment

I will add that I'm noticing people bring up we'd have the advantage in NJ. Why? Seattle isn't a tropical city. They get cold weather just like Denver. It's expected to be a snowy Super Bowl, we happen to have a QB whom is 1-6 in freezing temps. So unless that can be fixed playing in the cold isn't an advantage.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                            What makes you so sure we can keep them under 20 points? We have only held 2 teams to 20 points or less and both of those teams do not have very good offenses. The Jag & KC are the only two teams and they rank in the bottom of the league in offense.

Our defense hasn't shown me anything that would make me say we could keep any team under 20 points let alone one of the top teams in the league.

Del Rio really needs to get our defense playing better in these last few games or this could be a short post season. We give up 30+ points again this year in the post season it will be another short lived post season and it won't matter who we are playing.
                            What makes me so sure is the fact that lesser defenses have kept all but Lynch under control. Wilson is streaky, he'll have games like last night, then he'll have a game where he really isn't there.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Eh, I'd still say it's 50/50 although Manning would have to play better in that snowy cold weather.

Comment

Working...
                              X