• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay2Javon4life View Post
    Did i say man, i clearly meant mam haha
    Mam sounds so old and proper. LOL
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I wouldn't want to play Seattle at home for the SB, but luckily we won't have to. Seattle is a much different team on the road. They might be the best team at home, but they are just above mediocre on the road I feel.

The biggest problem for Denver is not who we are playing, but about not beating ourselves. Our turnovers and sloppy play kills us, and with cromartie and bailey out, we suck in the backfield. Webster has been awful since cromartie has been out. Completely awful. Our pass defense is pretty bad. I am hoping we get champ and cromartie back before the playoffs and our fumbling issues are behind us. If that is the case, if we are healthy, then we will have a great shot at winning it all.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
        I am assuming you weren't the only one thinking about that matchup. I know I was. Still at least six games to be played before the Broncos get there though.

Seattle was impressive. Certainly going to be tough for any NFC team to win there in the playoffs. Do not envy them at all at the attempt. Certainly will be fun to watch.

If the Broncos get to the Superbowl, they will face any one of very similar teams IMO. At this point it looks like Seattle, Carolina or San Francisco. Last night exposed the Saints defense IMO.

All three teams from the NFC have top defenses, very good hard running RBs and mobile QBs. Difficult match-ups on both sides of the ball. But Manning's experience (even in a NY blizzard) and the overall speed on the defense gives the Broncos a great chance to win.

Turnovers scare me the most though. All three of those NFC teams are opportunistic and create big plays on defense. Can the Broncos not make those mistakes and create their own ? Go Broncos!
        I know it was only a preseason game, but remember when Denver and Seattle played last Aug? The two things that stood out to me were turnovers and a bad special teams play by Denver. Both are still concerns even at this point in the regular season (e.g. Knile Davis' 108 yard kickoff return for a TD last Sunday). I think it will be a case of a very good Denver offense versus a very good Seattle defense if they meet in the SB

Comment

Am I the only person who thinks that the HAWKS entire defense is ON ROIDS or what. A couple of them have already been caught or suspected of using performance enhancing drugs. I think the BRONCOS should do the same. or test the WHOLE seahawk team before the Playoffs. Its amazing how a three deep 4 under zone can close so quick. The seahawks defense is a little to fast. I THINK.

Comment

Seattle's defense seems to love being aggressive at the line on WRs and use their size to disrupt the patterns and then ride the WR up the field. IMO, the way to beat this is to commit to back-shoulder throws and double-moves AFTER 5 yards and hope the refs are looking for the illegal contact and holds that will inevitably come. The Saints matched up horribly against their DBs, the only WR bigger than the Seattle DBs was Colston compared to the Broncos who have Decker and Thomas, but the key is that Decker and Thomas have to play up to their size and not be afraid of fighting through the DBs. Another thing I noticed is that Seattle loved having everyone at the line and picking and choosing who to rush versus dropping back in coverage. The offense will have to make them pay with either draw plays or just sending the slots or TEs on seam routes or slants and out-running the linemen/LBs trying to drop back in coverage. Having the receivers run 5-10 yards and sit plays into their hands as the linemen/LBers don't have to go back as far to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts4koi View Post
              As silly as it sounds I had a dream we play the sea squaks in the SB. I don't remember much of the game other than the final score. . . . DENVER 30 - sea squaks 17. I hope I'm psychic. :thumb:
              I had a dream last year a couple weeks before the playoffs started where we played the Seahawks in the SB. We were down 26-21 with under two minutes left and we were driving down the field, I was then rudely interrupted by my alarm clock. I am almost certain we would have scored though, I rarely have nightmares.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                I think it was J. Thomas who destroyed the Seahawks in pre-season.

(Shotgun) P.Manning pass deep left to J.Thomas to SEA 38 for 20 yards (B.Browner). FUMBLES (B.Browner), RECOVERED by SEA-K.Chancellor at SEA 25. K.Chancellor to SEA 46 for 21 yards (W.Welker).

(Shotgun) R.Hillman left guard to DEN 18 for -2 yards (B.Wagner).
                2nd and 12 at DEN 18 (No Huddle, Shotgun) P.Manning pass short left to W.Welker to DEN 30 for 12 yards (K.Chancellor; B.Wagner).
                1st and 10 at DEN 30 (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Hillman left end pushed ob at DEN 31 for 1 yard (K.Wright).
                2nd and 9 at DEN 31 (No Huddle, Shotgun) P.Manning pass short middle to J.Thomas to DEN 49 for 18 yards (K.Wright).
                1st and 10 at DEN 49 (No Huddle) M.Ball left guard to SEA 46 for 5 yards (C.McDonald).
                2nd and 5 at SEA 46 (No Huddle) P.Manning pass incomplete short right to D.Thomas.
                3rd and 5 at SEA 46 (Shotgun) P.Manning pass short right to J.Thomas pushed ob at SEA 15 for 31 yards (K.Chancellor) [B.Wagner].
                1st and 10 at SEA 15 (Shotgun) M.Ball up the middle to SEA 11 for 4 yards (K.Chancellor; M.Bennett).
                2nd and 6 at SEA 11 (No Huddle, Shotgun) P.Manning pass short left to W.Welker for 11 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

(No Huddle, Shotgun) P.Manning pass short right to E.Decker to DEN 39 for 10 yards (R.Sherman).
                P.Manning pass deep right to D.Thomas to SEA 31 for 23 yards (R.Sherman).
                1st and 10 at SEA 31 R.Hillman left tackle to SEA 30 for 1 yard (K.Chancellor).
                Timeout #1 by DEN at 13:02.
                2nd and 9 at SEA 30 M.Ball right tackle to SEA 27 for 3 yards (J.Hill; B.Mayowa).
                3rd and 6 at SEA 27 (No Huddle, Shotgun) P.Manning pass short left to D.Thomas pushed ob at SEA 14 for 13 yards (B.Browner).
                1st and 10 at SEA 14 (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Hillman up the middle to SEA 11 for 3 yards (K.Chancellor).
                2nd and 7 at SEA 11 (No Huddle) R.Hillman left tackle to SEA 9 for 2 yards (K.Chancellor, B.Wagner).
                3rd and 5 at SEA 9 (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Hillman right guard to SEA 5 for 4 yards (J.Hill).
                4th and 1 at SEA 5 (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Hillman left tackle to SEA 2 for 3 yards (B.Wagner; B.Mayowa).
                Timeout #1 by SEA at 09:56.
                1st and 2 at SEA 2 (Shotgun) R.Hillman up the middle to SEA 1 for 1 yard (R.Bryant; B.Wagner).
                2nd and 1 at SEA 1 R.Hillman right guard to SEA 1 for no gain (H.Farwell). FUMBLES (H.Farwell), RECOVERED by SEA-B.Browner at SEA -6. B.Browner for 106 yards, TOUCHDOWN. PENALTY on SEA-D.Shead, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced between downs.

Didn't have too much trouble passing on them, the issue was turnover machine Hillman.
                A couple of comments about this:

1. Teams tend to play vanilla offensive and defensive schemes during preseason so there's only so much information you can gain from them about relative strengths. Regular season and playoff games are completely different animals.

2. The Seahawks led that game 33 - 7 at halftime vs the Broncos starters so you may be taking the glass-half-full thing a bit far.

Comment

All this talk about Denver vs Seattle at the big game. When is the last time both the reg season favorites to go to the Superbowl actually made it? I also think that the Seahawks can be beaten at home. Carolina is the team to watch in the NFC. They also will go into a three game stretch like the one we came of. Carolina will play the Saints twice in a three week period, I think that Carolina could emerge out of that with a lead in there division.

A "Fox Bowl" is in the realm of possibilities.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                    All this talk about Denver vs Seattle at the big game. When is the last time both the reg season favorites to go to the Superbowl actually made it? I also think that the Seahawks can be beaten at home. Carolina is the team to watch in the NFC. They also will go into a three game stretch like the one we came of. Carolina will play the Saints twice in a three week period, I think that Carolina could emerge out of that with a lead in there division.

A "Fox Bowl" is in the realm of possibilities.
                    Exactly. I listen to a bit of Seattle sports radio whenever I want a good laugh as I live in Seattle and the media and fans already have their SB spot etched in stone. I try telling them that there will be a team that they dont expect that will give them a run for their money in Seattle during the playoffs and they all think their team is completely 100% unbeatable, some members of their media think they have one of the best teams in NFL history and already think Wilson is a better QB than both Rodgers and Manning. I always use our loss last year as an example but they don't want to hear it and attribute that loss to Manning choking in playoff games.

I always root against the Seahawks but I am hoping they win out and then fall flat on their faces come playoff time. It is unreal here. They have every right to be excited and confident in their team but they take it to a whole new level to the point of being completely ignorant and delusional.

Comment

Working...
                    X