X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking ahead just for fun - 2014 Broncos schedule

2014 Denver Broncos schedule

6 division games

Home - Buffalo, Miami, 49ers, Cardinals, Colts (division winner)

Away - Patriots, Jets, Seahawks, Bengals, St. Louis

That is 4 bolded primetime games right off the bat there for Broncos.

The Bengals is also assuming they win the division (and of course Denver wins their division).
    I agree that they'll "primetime" the 4 you've shown, and maybe a divisional primetime as well (KC?)

Comment

I know the NFL has a formula about which teams play who and where, but I'm sick of having to play NE in NE again.

It always feels like NE always get to play better teams at home.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        I know the NFL has a formula about which teams play who and where, but I'm sick of having to play NE in NE again.

It always feels like NE always get to play better teams at home.
        There is a glitch in the formula with the AFC East.

The similar placed AFC East team venue should technically alternate but they don't for the AFC East, it does for other divisions. For example, you played the AFC North winners (Ravens) at home this year and will play the AFC North winners (possibly Bengals) on the road next year.

But with the AFC East (maybe east coast bias), it is back-to-back-to-back, so Broncos will play NE in NE in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and then NE will play Broncos in Denver in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Same thing happened back in Indy.

Colts played Pats in NE in 2004, 2005 and 2006 (entire AFC East). Then Pats played in Indy in 2007, 2008 & 2009 (entire AFC East). Then Indy played in NE in 2010 and 2011 and since we did not win division in 2011, we played Jets on the road in 2012. Now, in 2013, 2014 and 2015, Colts should be playing NE in Indy if NE and Indy continue to win their divisions

So, Peyton's luck has been such that he played in NE in 2010, 2011 (he went with the team with Orlovsky at QB), 2012, 2013 and 2014 and will not host the Pats till 2015. In a nutshell, 5 years of going to NE consecutively, he will definitely hate that place once he retires, for several reasons .
        Last edited by chad72; 12-03-2013, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post

The similar placed AFC East team venue should technically alternate but they don't for the AFC East, it does for other divisions. For example, you played the AFC North winners (Ravens) at home this year and will play the AFC North winners (possibly Bengals) on the road next year.

But with the AFC East (maybe east coast bias), it is back-to-back-to-back, so Broncos will play NE in NE in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and then NE will play Broncos in Denver in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Same thing happened back in Indy.

Colts played Pats in NE in 2004, 2005 and 2006 (entire AFC East). Then Pats played in Indy in 2007, 2008 & 2009 (entire AFC East). Then Indy played in NE in 2010 and 2011 and since we did not win division in 2011, we played Jets on the road in 2012. Now, in 2013, 2014 and 2015, Colts should be playing NE in Indy if NE and Indy continue to win their divisions

So, Peyton's luck has been such that he played in NE in 2010, 2011 (he went with the team with Orlovsky at QB), 2012, 2013 and 2014 and will not host the Pats till 2015. In a nutshell, 5 years of going to NE consecutively, he will definitely hate that place once he retires, for several reasons .
          This, but still weird we have to go to NE again.

Schedule is definately brutal next year, for sure, got our work cut out.

Could see a division game on primetime as well, probably one of the KC games.

Comment

Not a bad schedule, wouldn't say any harder then this year.

Caught a break getting the weakest AFC division. Miami, Jets and Buffalo don't worry me. We would of got NE anyway because we won the division.

I would rather play the NFC West then North or South. Rams and Cards are very winnable games. 49'ers are at home which I'm pretty confident with.

Seahawks away obviously tough but will be a great game.

Cincy/Indy not easy but just like this year thats the price of winning the division.

Only trips to NE and Seattle worry me.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post

I'm not sure it is a glitch. I don't think it can be perfect.
              The same thing happens with the East & South too.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/82aff4299...o1_r1_1280.jpg

Looking just at the portion of the schedule where the team plays the teams in the other two divisions that finished in the same slot.

H AFC E Jets
              A AFC N BLT

H AFC N CIN
              A AFC S TEN

H AFC S HOU
              A AFC E NE

H AFC N BLT
              A AFC E NE

H AFC S IND
              A AFC N CIN

H AFC E
              A AFC S

H AFC E
              A AFC N

So if you notice that the same pattern flows for Home games vs. the AFC South. 2012/2014 they faced Houston and will face Indy next year.

In 2011 Denver faced AFC N Cincy at home, and in 2013 they faced AFC N Baltimore at home.

In 2015 & 2016, the East comes to Denver in back to back seasons, so in a short period of time it seems to have flaws and a disproportionate # of games in one location, but eventually it equals itself out. They've had this formula since Houston came into the league in 2002 and if you did the same thing from that point with the Indy schedule you'd find a similar pattern.

In my opinion it is simply just a formula that at first glance seems a bit off, but in the end, with an odd # of teams, it lines up the best it can because it can't be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by allthings18 View Post
                I'm not sure it is a glitch. I don't think it can be perfect.
                The same thing happens with the East & South too.
                No, it is not. Just look at what you just pasted. Focus on the years 2012-2015, you will get my point

H AFC S HOU
                A AFC E NE

H AFC N BLT
                A AFC E NE

H AFC S IND
                A AFC N CIN

H AFC E
                A AFC S

See how the similar placed teams in AFC North and AFC South alternate home and away in the 2 years that you do not play the entire division (2012 and 2013 for AFC East, 2013 and 2014 for AFC North, 2014 and 2015 for AFC South).

Ravens at home in 2012, Bengals on the road in 2013, so they alternate

Colts at home in 2014, AFC South on the road in 2015, so they alternate

AFC East does not alternate, period, in any set of 2 years that the Broncos do not play the entire AFC East. That is my point and that is a fact with any division the AFC East plays.
                Last edited by chad72; 12-03-2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

People are still complaining about playing in NE next year? Before this current stretch of Broncos/Pats games in NE, we played you guys 3 consecutive regular season games IN Denver. Pats hosted the Broncos in NE in the playoff game in 2011 because we were a higher seed.

There is no conspiracy against Denver and/or Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
                    People are still complaining about playing in NE next year? Before this current stretch of Broncos/Pats games in NE, we played you guys 3 consecutive regular season games IN Denver. Pats hosted the Broncos in NE in the playoff game in 2011 because we were a higher seed.

They did?

Even still, seems Manning always has to go to NE, not sure of a conspiracy, but still weird nonetheless.

Comment

We are talking regular season scheduling.

No one is saying it is a conspiracy but the AFC East never alternates venues in any set of 2 years that it does not play an entire division. Yes, it does even out, no doubt but just pointing out how the behavior of AFC East team venues are, Pats or Jets or whichever AFC East team you choose.

Comment

Hasn't Manning played in Foxborough 10 of his 14 games against Brady? Sucks to fall in the rotation that way.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          They did?

Even still, seems Manning always has to go to NE, not sure of a conspiracy, but still weird nonetheless.
                          Nevermind, I guess I was wrong. However, since 2001 10 regular season games have been played between the two teams and 5 have been in Denver while 5 have been in NE. Also, two playoff games have been played, 1 being in Denver and 1 being in NE.

So it evens out.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                            Hasn't Manning played in Foxborough 10 of his 14 games against Brady? Sucks to fall in the rotation that way.
                            It's not like he fares much better at home against Brady. He is 2-3.

Comment

Nevermind, I guess I was wrong. However, since 2001 10 regular season games have been played between the two teams and 5 have been in Denver while 5 have been in NE. Also, two playoff games have been played, 1 being in Denver and 1 being in NE.

So it evens out.
                              I was talking more Manning/NE, not Den/NE.

It's a pretty big margin of games in NE, to Manning's home team.

10-11 games to 4-5.

Comment

Working...
                              X