Looking ahead just for fun - 2014 Broncos schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
    It's not like he fares much better at home against Brady. He is 2-3.
    SSS.

If the margin was 10-11 games at Manning's home, and 5 to Brady/NE, im sure the numbers would be a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      SSS.

If the margin was 10-11 games at Manning's home, and 5 to Brady/NE, im sure the numbers would be a little different.
      Yep.

Since Romeo Crennel left that Pats D, the record is as follows in the regular season:

2005 - Peyton (Foxboro)
      2006 - Peyton (Foxboro)
      2007 - Brady (home)
      2009 - Peyton (home)
      2010 - Brady (Foxboro)
      2012 - Brady (Foxboro)
      2013 - Brady (Foxboro)

2008 & 2011, Brady and Peyton missed those years. Otherwise, great rivalry. I don't think the NFL will see another one like it since Brees and Rodgers don't win their divisions consistently in the NFC. Wilson and Kaepernick have potential like Marino and Kelly because they are in the same division. Marino and Kelly played each other 21 times.
      So, since Romeo Crennel left that vaunted D, Brady is 4-3 vs Peyton with 5 games at Foxboro (Peyton would have played 6 out of his last 8 vs NE in Foxboro after the 2014 game). Romeo Crennel sure knew a thing or two about limiting Peyton.
      Last edited by chad72; 12-03-2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        SSS.

Brady is 7-2 at home vs Peyton and 3-2 on the road. Which translates to a 0.778 winning % at home and a 0.600 winning % on the road. If the home/away games were reversed and Brady had 9 road games and 5 home and we apply the same winning percentages, Brady would have a 4-1 home record and a 5-4 road record with an overall record of 9-5. However, using the same winning percentage for the road games is somewhat problematic due to small sample size. But even if we give the advantage to Peyton with 5-4 record at home, Brady would still have the better overall record at 8-6. Which would not be bad at all considering the amount of home games Peyton would have at home.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
          No, it is not. Just look at what you just pasted. Focus on the years 2012-2015, you will get my point

AFC East does not alternate, period, in any set of 2 years that the Broncos do not play the entire AFC East. That is my point and that is a fact with any division the AFC East plays.
          I'm not quite clear on what you mean by no it's not. No it's not a formula? No it's not a glitch?

If you look at just the AFC East when the Broncos do not play the whole division.

2010 Home Jets
          2012 Away NE
          2013 Away NE
          2015 Home
          2016 Home
          2018 Away
          2019 Away
          2021 Home

If you look at just the AFC South when the Broncos do not play the whole division.
          2011 Away TEN
          2012 Home HOU
          2014 Home IND
          2015 Away
          2017 Away
          2018 Home
          2020 Home
          2021 Away

If you look at just the AFC North
          2010 Away
          2011 Home
          2013 Home
          2014 Away
          2016 Away
          2017 Home
          2019 Home
          2020 Away

It's still a forumla. I'm not going to take the time to chart out other teams, but I'm willing to bet that the pattern is the same in other divisions, where it conveys the same or in a similar fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
            Brady is 7-2 at home vs Peyton and 3-2 on the road. Which translates to a 0.778 winning % at home and a 0.600 winning % on the road. If the home/away games were reversed and Brady had 9 road games and 5 home and we apply the same winning percentages, Brady would have a 4-1 home record and a 5-4 road record with an overall record of 9-5. However, using the same winning percentage for the road games is somewhat problematic due to small sample size. But even if we give the advantage to Peyton with 5-4 record at home, Brady would still have the better overall record at 8-6. Which would not be bad at all considering the amount of home games Peyton would have at home.
            Whats the number since 06?

2 games at home to in NE every other time, no?

If it was 2 for Brady, and the rest for Manning were home, im sure the results would be different.

Not like the games recently have been blowouts, pretty close games with NE just edging them out.

Comment

Originally posted by allthings18 View Post
              I'm not quite clear on what you mean by no it's not. No it's not a formula? No it's not a glitch?

If you look at just the AFC East when the Broncos do not play the whole division.

2010 Home Jets
              2012 Away NE
              2013 Away NE
              2015 Home
              2016 Home
              2018 Away
              2019 Away
              2021 Home

If you look at just the AFC South when the Broncos do not play the whole division.
              2011 Away TEN
              2012 Home HOU
              2014 Home IND
              2015 Away
              2017 Away
              2018 Home
              2020 Home
              2021 Away

If you look at just the AFC North
              2010 Away
              2011 Home
              2013 Home
              2014 Away
              2016 Away
              2017 Home
              2019 Home
              2020 Away

It's still a forumla. I'm not going to take the time to chart out other teams, but I'm willing to bet that the pattern is the same in other divisions, where it conveys the same or in a similar fashion.
              OK, to make it clear, all I wanted to say was the AFC East formula is also a formula technically but is different than the AFC North and AFC South formulae.

The AFC East formula has the impact of playing 2 consecutive years in the same venue when you don't play the entire AFC East. However, the AFC North and AFC South do not, they alternate home and away. Can you not see that from the above chart? Away, Away, Home, Home for AFC East while it is Away, Home or Home, Away for AFC North and AFC South for the 2 years that you don't play the entire division. Get it?

This results in Away, Away, Away or Home, Home, Home for Broncos vs AFC East teams when you include the 3rd year when you do play the AFC East in its entirety, that is my point. That is all that I am trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                OK, to make it clear, all I wanted to say was the AFC East formula is also a formula technically but is different than the AFC North and AFC South formulae.

The AFC East formula has the impact of playing 2 consecutive years in the same venue when you don't play the entire AFC East. However, the AFC North and AFC South do not, they alternate home and away. Can you not see that from the above chart? Away, Away, Home, Home for AFC East while it is Away, Home or Home, Away for AFC North and AFC South for the 2 years that you don't play the entire division. Get it?

This results in Away, Away, Away or Home, Home, Home for Broncos vs AFC East teams when you include the 3rd year when you do play the AFC East in its entirety, that is my point. That is all that I am trying to make.
                I understood to start with what you were saying, but I think it simply can come down to with a 4 team division concept, with the way that it is set up, that the formula/pattern/repeats itself. Could they have done it better? Maybe/Most likely,

I guess since the same pattern repeats on both home & away for the AFC east they feel that it is fair. It's not perfect but it might be the best that they can come with. At least with when a team plays another division that pattern is set up to a H/A/H/A set up so that the next time the West/South play the whole division the sites are switched.

The NFC North is set up the same way.
                Last edited by allthings18; 12-03-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I cannot wait for the Broncos/Seahawks game next year. Already started saving up money for my tickets, hopefully there will be as much orange and blue in the stands as there was for the preseason game this year.

Comment

It's absolutely a conspiracy. McDaniels has been calling in all his favors for the last few years to avoid having to come back here.

Comment

Originally posted by XXXII&III View Post
                      It's absolutely a conspiracy. McDaniels has been calling in all his favors for the last few years to avoid having to come back here.
                      Yup, that's what I think too.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                      X