I dont get ESPN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont get ESPN...

Today I listened to the local AM ESPN channel and the announcer(dont remember who) was talking about who he felt were the top teams in the NFL right now.

He had the top 3 as the Seahawks, 49'ers and Carlolina. Then he preceeds to say he isnt "buying" Denver because our defense is not that good.

What?? Do these guys watch football?

To top it off he gushed over Russell Wilson for 15 minutes saying the new QBs have to be smart to win games.

Hello - I beleive we have one of the smartest QB's in league.

Was it as bad as Deion Sanders gushing about Cam Newton for the last three years????
    sigpic

2011 Adopt-A-Bronco Quinton Carter

Comment

Yes!......

Comment

You gotta have a good QB to be competitive too, and we have that. IMO, best in the league.
        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I didnt think that was possible!!!!! Deions cammmmm singing thing everytime he passes over five yards does my head in
          sigpic

2011 Adopt-A-Bronco Quinton Carter

Comment

Well, he has a point and an opinion. Fortunately games are decided on the football field and not in the media.

Comment

These sports announcers get terrible "man crushes" on teams and certain players. I was watching the Bronco/Chiefs game earlier today and all Phil Simms could do is brag about the Chief DB's as Decker and Manning was tearing them up.
              You will notice the the AFC is underdogs with them almost every time the subject comes up.
              We will see when Super Bowl time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by sstoner View Post
                Today I listened to the local AM ESPN channel and the announcer(dont remember who) was talking about who he felt were the top teams in the NFL right now.

He had the top 3 as the Seahawks, 49'ers and Carlolina. Then he preceeds to say he isnt "buying" Denver because our defense is not that good.

What?? Do these guys watch football?

To top it off he gushed over Russell Wilson for 15 minutes saying the new QBs have to be smart to win games.

Hello - I beleive we have one of the smartest QB's in league.

Personally I do not see anything wrong with them saying our defense is questionable. IT IS........ They have not slowed down anyone this year. Even crappy offenses have scored points against us including the lowly Jags at Mile High.

When our defense steps up let me know because up to this point all we are doing is out scoring teams, not stopping them.
                sigpic
                Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Perhaps call your cable or satellite provider you may have to pay extra for it though.
                  sigpic
                  2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

ESPN=dumb.

Dont watch that abortion of a network.

Comment

It's ESPN in general. They are on a Denver Broncos witch hunt. Leading up to the first Chiefs game they was selling the Chiefs so much and pretty much said there was no chance Denver could win. Tom Jackson was the only one not doing it.
                      Then when Denver won excuses was made for KC and they said next game will be different. So leading up to that they did it again, knocking Denver and selling the Chiefs. ESPN doesn't like this team for some reason.

Today on Around The Horn, Denver's own Woody Paige sat there with a straight face and said Russell Wilson is not only better than Peyton Manning, but he is also the league MVP.

ESPN is 2 things, high on Seattle and hating on Denver. At the end of the day what matters is the results on the gridiron, not the words of ex athletes in suits.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

It's not a conspiracy. The media's job (in sports) is to hire a lot of men and women of different varieties, with different opinions, and different favorites. Remember, many of these people in sports media are fans of the sport, and the writers and producers probably ask them to embellish that a little bit so there's someone every fan can relate to.

The fact is, Denver is great, but everyone kind of expected that coming into the season. It's not interesting or buzz-worthy to just have things go that smoothly. The way to make it more interesting? Make every opponent the Broncos play seem like "fighters" who are "doing all the right things." Meanwhile, you maximize Denver's weaknesses, and find new flavors of the week whenever you can.
                        Last edited by Doogansquest; 12-03-2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                          Perhaps call your cable or satellite provider you may have to pay extra for it though.
                          Even though you're joking it's probably true. I got into a discussion with Directv on twitter about how unlogical their sport packages are.

I said it's silly how I get the NBA,NFL, and MLB network but not NHL. Directv responded NHL is part of a separate package. So I said that's just a corporate move to make money. No logical reason you give people every other sport network then charge NHL separate.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                            Even though you're joking it's probably true. I got into a discussion with Directv on twitter about how unlogical their sport packages are.

I said it's silly how I get the NBA,NFL, and MLB network but not NHL. Directv responded NHL is part of a separate package. So I said that's just a corporate move to make money. No logical reason you give people every other sport network then charge NHL separate.
                            That may have to do with the sports organization hashing it out with local channels, not just the cable/satellite service provider.

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                              Personally I do not see anything wrong with them saying our defense is questionable. IT IS........ They have not slowed down anyone this year. Even crappy offenses have scored points against us including the lowly Jags at Mile High.

When our defense steps up let me know because up to this point all we are doing is out scoring teams, not stopping them.
                              It wasnt that they called out our defense..its the fact that they drooled all over Wilson and how smart he his and thats what is going to win games...a smart QB not just an athletic one.

Then he says he cant "buy in" to Denver because of the defense but makes no mention that uh...hello...we have PFM - which in my opinion negates the defense issue somewhat.

And I dont know if you watched all the games this year but our defense has stepped up ALOT...

I seem to recall some points scored by our defense etc...they have stepped up during the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X