how are our recent backups doing? fua, winston, huff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how are our recent backups doing? fua, winston, huff

With all the injuries, especially on defense, we are being forced to use our recent acquisitions. Did anybody notice how well Fua and Huff are doing on defense or how well Winston Justice did when he filled in for Orlando Franklin?

Fua got dominated yesterday. Constantly pushed into our LBs or on the floor.

Winston did a decent job filling in for Franklin especially run blocking.

Haven't seen Huff out there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dat_dude_e View Post
      Fua got dominated yesterday. Constantly pushed into our LBs or on the floor.

Winston did a decent job filling in for Franklin especially run blocking.

Haven't seen Huff out there yet.
      I wouldn't say Fua got dominated, he was in a lot of gang tackles and didn't make any bad mistakes, did he bust through the line and make sacks, no, but he took up double teams and freed up some of our pass rushers to get in and harass Fitzgerald.

Winston only played for a short while and was good enough to guide the pass rusher to the outside, manning did the rest with foot work.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Giddy'up View Post
        I wouldn't say Fua got dominated, he was in a lot of gang tackles and didn't make any bad mistakes, did he bust through the line and make sacks, no, but he took up double teams and freed up some of our pass rushers to get in and harass Fitzgerald.

Winston only played for a short while and was good enough to guide the pass rusher to the outside, manning did the rest with foot work.
        Agreed! Fua actually had only one bad play that i have seen. Unrien and him were building a wall early in the game and I was actually pretty impressed with him
        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Gerell Robinson

How would u feel about us brining him up off of the practice squad to have as an extra WR and insurance? I said at the beginning of the season I would like to have one extra WR just in case somebody got hurt or they get tired because of what happen a 2 years ago when we played Cincinnati and our WRs got hurt and we only had 2 in the game. And then yesterday when welker went down thenddecker got hurt I was like ah man... I feel like our TEs are good receivers but I liked Robinson in preseason and the dude reminds me a little of brandon marshall. I think we could sacrifice one DB or LB who never plays for a roster spot and be ok without so we could activate him. Im not to high on Caldwell anymore.

Comment

Wouldnt mind it in all honesty but dont think it happens.

Comment

Yeah I think having him in the lineup would be hell having another big target for manning. But I don't think it'll happen either just wanted to see what others thought.

Comment

I was pretty impressed with him in the pre season so I'm all for it, but will the coaches?

Comment

The fact that we have 4 TE's who have all shown that they can block and receive I don't see it happening. With Welker down it just means the Broncos will use the TE's more in this next game to help in both the run and pass. I actually really like having Tamme in the game. To me he is the player that we have that has the surest hands even of all our receivers.

Plus with all of the injuries in our Defensive Backfield I can't see us sacrificing one of those guys at this time. Champ, DRC, Ihenacho, Bolden, and Moore have all missed time over the last few weeks so again I would rather keep players around for insurance at the DB position than at the WR position right now. Then at linebacker we are already down to 6 guys and there have been some issues at the position so again would rather keep the depth at the position.

Comment

Yeah I can understand that and I like tamme alot as well I was telling my buddy how I hate that we don't use him, I don't know how many times ill see Julies walking back to the line looking so tired and im like put tamme in. Even with the issues at LB we have some who only play special teams and didn't get in yesterday. But we will see what happens this game with what they will do, I do believe they will use the TEs more.

Comment

Would love the see what Robinson can do, always wished the best for the bloke.

Comment

I like the idea but like what has been posted about the injuries on defense.

a question that goes with the thread that I am interested in

how many active/dress WR do the Broncos have on game day is there someone im missing that has seen action other then the known 4

Comment

We only have 4 and Caldwell only comes in when decker or Thomas is tired

Comment

Originally posted by velly4 View Post
                            We only have 4 and Caldwell only comes in when decker or Thomas is tired
                            You brought up a good point especially during the playoffs I knew the answer but was looking at the depth chart and no doubt wo Welker the Broncos are thin at WR position.

Like last year the Broncos will have to incorporate Tamme and Dressen more into the offense so I dont see it as it urgent but still a valid point

Comment

Just being big and athletic isn't enough. I mean, anyone who watched the Colts could tell you about Roy Hall.

Who?

Exactly.

If Robinson hasn't learned the playbook, proven he can do something better than the guys currently suiting up, and if Manning hasn't developed chemistry with him, there's NO reason to bring him up with only 3 weeks to go.

Not with all of the injuries on defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X