Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cdumler7
    replied
    I forgot that he actually has been working towards becoming a TE. From what I understand he has put on some weight so not sure he would be the WR that we saw in Training Camp. If that is the case to me I would rather have Tamme in who has great chemistry with Peyton and like I said earlier a great set of hands to catch the tough passes. He also (at least this is my guess) is the better blocker of the two.

Leave a comment:

• jgod654
    replied
    Easy answer. If that was a good idea - then he would have beat out Caldwell or Tamme for a roster spot...

Yes it is that simple...;-)

Leave a comment:

• Matymaddog
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    It's ok Maty, everyone knows your always right cause If this would have been vickerson making this play you would have praised him for getting penetration cause in case you haven't noticed there are play calls in our defense where Kevin vickerson does this exact same play where he flys recklessly into the guard to disrupt the point of attack and this could have been exactly the same play call.

I also like how you don't mention at all the Von miller doesn't get off his block, sly Williams gets pushed back, knighton gets his legs taken out, mike Adams doesn't crash down enough to try and seal the hole and Paris lenon, Steven Johnson and Malik Jackson are all taken out by the fullback. The entire defense failed on that play and nit picking the newest member of our defense seems pretty unknowlegdable.
    This was not penetrating. This was taking yourself out of a play completely and every player does it at some point but Fua did it fairly often when in the game. I wouldn't praise Vickerson for doing that. Try to temper your hostility.

No one on that play messed up worse than Fua. His mistake was the mistake that caused the whole defense to collapse. He have up his entire gap! Those blockers had free reign with no traffic to take on in making them. Clearly you have never played defensive line. You have responsibilities. Gap responsibilities. When you start free lancing and playing in disciplined then you stop seeing the field.

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
    He gave up that touchdown because he drove forward recklessly, didn't even try to get separation control his blocker, allowed himself to be washed to the right creating a GIGANTIC hole, and he did nothing but stand there. No effort to shed the block after he created such a huge hole because he was playing recklessly and not maintaining gap discipline. It was a terrible play by him through and through. He did the offensive linemans' job for him.

It's ok Maty, everyone knows your always right cause If this would have been vickerson making this play you would have praised him for getting penetration cause in case you haven't noticed there are play calls in our defense where Kevin vickerson does this exact same play where he flys recklessly into the guard to disrupt the point of attack and this could have been exactly the same play call.

I also like how you don't mention at all the Von miller doesn't get off his block, sly Williams gets pushed back, knighton gets his legs taken out, mike Adams doesn't crash down enough to try and seal the hole and Paris lenon, Steven Johnson and Malik Jackson are all taken out by the fullback. The entire defense failed on that play and nit picking the newest member of our defense seems pretty unknowlegdable.

Leave a comment:

• Matymaddog
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    He wasn't responsible for the first touchdown. He got into the lineman and drove a yard or two behind the LOS. He did get backed up on a couple of plays but he also had several plays where he stood the lineman up at the LOS and held his block.

I'm not saying he's a great dlineman but he performed good for a rotational lineman.
    He gave up that touchdown because he drove forward recklessly, didn't even try to get separation control his blocker, allowed himself to be washed to the right creating a GIGANTIC hole, and he did nothing but stand there. No effort to shed the block after he created such a huge hole because he was playing recklessly and not maintaining gap discipline. It was a terrible play by him through and through. He did the offensive linemans' job for him.

Last edited by Matymaddog; 12-10-2013, 06:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
    I saw Fua have several terrible plays. He was responsible for one of the rushing touchdowns. The guy wasn't even trying on some plays. He was just letting linemen get into his body. He looked physically outmatched. He looked good from what I remember last year with the panthers but if this is how he has been playing I now understand why he was a free agent.
    He wasn't responsible for the first touchdown. He got into the lineman and drove a yard or two behind the LOS. He did get backed up on a couple of plays but he also had several plays where he stood the lineman up at the LOS and held his block.

I'm not saying he's a great dlineman but he performed good for a rotational lineman.

Leave a comment:

• Matymaddog
    replied
    I saw Fua have several terrible plays. He was responsible for one of the rushing touchdowns. The guy wasn't even trying on some plays. He was just letting linemen get into his body. He looked physically outmatched. He looked good from what I remember last year with the panthers but if this is how he has been playing I now understand why he was a free agent.

Leave a comment:

• velly4
    replied
    Yeah we are thin at WR, I know most wouldn't like this but put the rb Anderson on the PS (its an option) but Robinson was with us last year and this year im sure he knows the play book, and with 3 weeks left would give him enough time to play and get some real action under his belt and while he gets a little playing time u can somewhat rest Thomas and decker by rotating them.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
    it is a little late to bring receivers up from PS now as chemistry takes time to build. With the playoffs coming up, the last thing we want to do is break in new players.
    All PS members have been practicing with the team all season.

Leave a comment:

• broncolassiter
    replied
    it is a little late to bring receivers up from PS now as chemistry takes time to build. With the playoffs coming up, the last thing we want to do is break in new players.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Gerell Robinson, a WR now listed as TE, is already insurance, unless he is signed by another team, as he is on PS.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Robinson was moved to TE.

Not WR.

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    Just being big and athletic isn't enough. I mean, anyone who watched the Colts could tell you about Roy Hall.

Who?

Exactly.

If Robinson hasn't learned the playbook, proven he can do something better than the guys currently suiting up, and if Manning hasn't developed chemistry with him, there's NO reason to bring him up with only 3 weeks to go.

Not with all of the injuries on defense.

Leave a comment:

• notmyname
    replied
    Originally posted by velly4 View Post
    We only have 4 and Caldwell only comes in when decker or Thomas is tired
    You brought up a good point especially during the playoffs I knew the answer but was looking at the depth chart and no doubt wo Welker the Broncos are thin at WR position.

Like last year the Broncos will have to incorporate Tamme and Dressen more into the offense so I dont see it as it urgent but still a valid point

Leave a comment:

• velly4
    replied
    We only have 4 and Caldwell only comes in when decker or Thomas is tired

Leave a comment:

Working...
X