Shut down Welker for the Regular Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut down Welker for the Regular Season

This last concussion did not look good at all. In the camera shot where he was on his knees and helmet on the ground, his eyes were rolling into the back of his head.

I think Welker should just use the remaining 3 weeks+bye(hopefully) to rest up and get healthy for the playoff run. Trotting him out this week or even next would be career suicide, even if he passes all the tests. His presence on the field is huge but it's not worth his long-term health.

Wes Welker is a good dude I don't wanna see him get seriously hurt.

I wouldn't be opposed to this. Tamme and Dreessen seem to fill in really well and considering who our next 3 opponents are I think we could fare pretty well while giving Welker a month to get right and be healthy for the post season. Wont be upset though if he is healthy enough to be out there and does play.

Comment

Totally agree. We need him for the playoffs. Rest him now and get him healthy. Too valuable a player. I actually think he came back too soon for the NE game and he wasn't quite right in that game and it showed. Take care of our guy Welker.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

pretty scary... it reminds me of Austin Collie (who off topic just got resigned with the Pats again). I've always wondered if Collie has had any long lasting effects of that season. But I guess we may not even know until years from now.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm ok with this if he needs the time

We ALL appreciate your willingness to go across the middle for us Welk !!
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I doubt he plays this week, but if he's cleared, he should play in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              I doubt he plays this week, but if he's cleared, he should play in 2 weeks.
              He won't play this week. Can't remember if I was watching ESPN or NFL Network, but they said that the league will never approve a player that has a concussion and the team is playing that following thursday.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                He won't play this week. Can't remember if I was watching ESPN or NFL Network, but they said that the league will never approve a player that has a concussion and the team is playing that following thursday.
                Oh, i know, he's all but ruled out this week.

In 2 weeks, if he's cleared, he should play.

Comment

Its a shame he got hurt, it looks like he was a big part of the game plan this week
                  sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    Oh, i know, he's all but ruled out this week.

In 2 weeks, if he's cleared, he should play.
                    This.

HUGE difference between playing NE at Mile High or Foxboro.

If he's good to go we need him. No gimmes in this league, especially on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      This.

HUGE difference between playing NE at Mile High or Foxboro.

If he's good to go we need him. No gimmes in this league, especially on the road.
                      I get what you're saying, but what concerns me is 2 concussions in what, 3 weeks?! Whether cleared or not, that scary. I think we'll be just fine with Tamme, Caldwell and Dressen.
                      sigpic

Comment

For you guys, this would make a lot of sense. Better than starting him when he's not ready and getting him killed. Thomas and Decker can fill in nicely, I'm sure.

Comment

I seem to recall hearing a medical expert saying that as you accure more concussions they become easier to get. At this point in his career I am assuming hes had 3-5 concussions at least.

Comment

I know they said it wasn't a dirty hit, but it sure wasn't a clean hit, sure looked like the guy lunged into his head with hsi forearm when welker was already on the way down. I'm fine with him sitting out this week and next but not the final game of the season, thats too much time off.

Comment

I trust the Doc's. He will only be cleared when safe to do so. Fox will go off what the medical people tell him.

Comment

Working...
                              X