Shut down Welker for the Regular Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Belgradebronc View Post
    Last couple of weeks Welker hasn't caught anything.
    Is that right? I doubt it...i do remember what.... 1 TD for Welker last Sunday.

Put Tame in the slot he seems to catch all the hard ones where Welker drops them all.
    We can see you dont like welker....but lets not lie to make a point.

I like Welker, I think Tamme is better at catching everything.

Ahhh....I get it now your a teenager. Silly kid...tricks are for rabbits.

Comment

The medical experts that know and treat Welker will make the final decision. As it should be.

But from a football fan perspective. I see Tamme as a suitable replacement. Broncos have the players and alternative packages to adequately fill in for Welker until the end of the season. No game in the NFL is easy but the Broncos should win all three games even w/o Welker.

Let the man take off a few weeks. Get as healthy as possible before the playoffs.

Comment

IMO when welker is healthy he should play hopefully itll be by the Texans game...

Comment

"healthy" is a vague term when talking about brain trauma. Just because he can answer a few questions and his brain scans look normal does not mean he is ready for the next hit to his head.

Not like a sprained ankle where he can wrap it up and play through the pain. Seems the evidence is fairly clear that multiple concussions leads to increased chances of the next concussion. Why risk it? Broncos can win over the next few weeks w/o him.

He could take a month off and be ready for the first playoff game.

Curious if anyone knows the NFL guidelines for multiple concussions. Can the NFL shut him down for the year if he came back in a couple of weeks and had his third concussion in six weeks for example. Any guidelines or concussion mandates to worry about with Welker?

Comment

I say rest him, on Championship teams its the next man up mentality! (We got weapons)! But we can't rest to many people, cause we really need the #1 seed, And Peyton needs to get 52 TDs and 5500 passing yards and a MVP!
            Then we can go win a Championship.

Comment

If Welker retires due to concussions after this year, who replaces him? If he retires and Decker walks we will be in trouble at WR spot.
              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Thats right, Stoner! 1 Td? Everyone should have a couple on this team. Manning gives them out like candy on Halloween. Welker hasn't been the same since the first concussion. I knew I'd get flack for doggin on Brady's glory hole boy. I call'em how I see'em.

Comment

This might be a dumb question and already brought up, but do you think instead of tamme in welkers spot, should Julius move there then tamme goes to to Julius's spot since he is a better blocker?

Comment

Thats right, Stoner! 1 Td? Everyone should have a couple on this team. Manning gives them out like candy on Halloween. Welker hasn't been the same since the first concussion. I knew I'd get flack for doggin on Brady's glory hole boy. I call'em how I see'em.
                    Jeez. That sounds a bit excessive.

Comment

IMO, if we can't beat the last three games of the season without Welker...that is not a good sign for the team. I know it is every given SUnday, but in all honesty, this is Peyton Manning, how many times has he lost a game where he was favored by double-digits, or even let the game come within one score?

Comment

What are you talking about?

No one is guaranteed touchdowns. Certainly not on a weekly basis.

At any rate, Welker was getting double-coverage every week Julius Thomas was out. That's why his numbers dipped. Julius came back and suddenly Welker was finding some openings. Sadly he's been sidelined from the concussion.

When he's healthy and able to play, he will and he should. He's still the best slot receiver in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                          If Welker retires due to concussions after this year, who replaces him? If he retires and Decker walks we will be in trouble at WR spot.
                          1- Welker isnt retiring, so this is a moot point.

2- Regards to Decker, i hope they keep him as long as a deal is good for both sides.

Comment

Uhh, you know Welker was getting doubled while Julius was out, right?

Manning even said as such but im sure you know more than him :paper:

Comment

Working...
                            X