Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doogansquest
    replied
    I don't think any team will be "playing for Draft picks." Maybe the head honchos of the organization are thinking that way, or some fans, but the players don't think like that. They can't think like that. They play for their jobs.

I remember Reggie Wayne being asked late in the 2011 season what he thought about the Colts drafting Andrew Luck, and he just said something like, "I respect him, but we aren't playing for some college kid. He's not a member of the Colts."

The players could care less about where their team is drafting. Houston may be a mess, but the players will still put it all out there. I believe Denver will deflate them, like Indianapolis did, but it will be hard fought.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosPWNn00bs
    replied
    Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I always root for Broncos over FF, but I also gave $400 riding on this. Week 17 is my super bowl. I could def use $400 right now.
    No doubt. 400 dollars will get you tickets for both playoff games Depending on what seats you get. But yea, my fantasy year is over in all my leagues. Was a depressing year for me. But its fun now cause I can actually just enjoy watching the Broncos and not worry about who needs to score TD's for us.

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
    FF Fan Code 1 Subsection 22 A- Thou Shall Always Sacrifice FF success for actual team success.

That being said, I hope we get the bye this year, rest up and get a win this year in Divisional game.
    I always root for Broncos over FF, but I also gave $400 riding on this. Week 17 is my super bowl. I could def use $400 right now.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    After the bye, the Broncos went 3-1 under JDR while playing @ San Diego, KC, @ New England and @ KC. Fox's return saw a hard fought victory over a tough Titans team. It is fortunate the Broncos have a home game on the short week.

The ten days between San Diego and @ Houston will be extremely beneficial. Meanwhile, the Patriots have two tough road games @ Miami and @ Baltimore without Gronkowski who may be out for the season. When week 17 arrives, we'll see where each team stands going into the season finale.

Leave a comment:

• 100%Broncoholic
    replied
    Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    In all honesty, NE may lose out including no playoff wins. I like that scenerio.

For my fantasy puposes, I hope we dont rest any players week 17 most notably DT, JT, and Manning
    FF Fan Code 1 Subsection 22 A- Thou Shall Always Sacrifice FF success for actual team success.

That being said, I hope we get the bye this year, rest up and get a win this year in Divisional game.

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    In all honesty, NE may lose out including no playoff wins. I like that scenerio.

For my fantasy puposes, I hope we dont rest any players week 17 most notably DT, JT, and Manning

Leave a comment:

• AussieBronco76
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Nope. Both KC and Bengals win their games and so does NE over Miami
    In Miami with no gronk.I think the dolphins win.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosPWNn00bs
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    Also if the Broncos beat the Chargers and Raiders they will be the first team in NFL history to sweep their division 2 years in a row.
    Do you have a link for that? No team has ever gone undefeated vs the division 2 years in a row? I find that hard to believe, but if thats true, then that is a pretty good stat.

Leave a comment:

• Saucy
    replied
    we will have plenty of opportunities to rest up. Having a short week this week will suck, but then it only means we have three extra days before playing two more games. And then the bye week and two games (if we get that far) and the bye before the Super Bowl. The schedule will actually work out for us.

I think the only we we don't secure a bye is losing two of the three. Even then if Kansas City loses one more, we would still get it. We're in a good spot.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    I think the dominoes are going to start falling for the Patriots. They have lucked out, squeaked out and won games they shouldn't have won. BUT... they find a way. All this hubbub about Gronk. Brady will find another target but I don't believe it will be good enough for them.

I see us winning out with the Chargers being our toughest test in the final 3 games. The Raiders are the Raiders and Houston has imploded on monstrous levels and now that they have fired Kubes, they are lost. They will be playing for draft picks now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bengals take over the 2nd spot.

As far as the "early vacation" comment goes. A bye in the first round would be just what the team needs. Not to fall rusty, but heal and rest a bit.

This year is a bit different to me than last year. Home field advantage throughout, smacked us in the face a season ago, but this year? It's going to be a good thing. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• broncolassiter
    replied
    If Miami can secure a win over the pats then we should be able to secure the division and the #1 seed with win over the Chargers and Texans. Week 17 would then be a meaningless game other than for division records.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I would love it if you were right. Here's hoping!
    It's just as much logic as hope. Miami fought a hard game & beat Pittsburgh on the road, meanwhile New England had to have everything to fall into place to beat the Browns at home. New England hasn't looked that great the last three weeks to me. Nothing is given of coarse but Miami could very well beat New England. Cinci & Pitt is a division game in Pittsburgh & anything can happen in a division game, Pittsburgh will play hard that's for sure. If Cincinnati wants to be an elite team, they have to win these type of games. We shall see.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I could see Pittsburgh maybe beating Cincinnati but not the Raiders beating KC. I think it's possible that New England gets beat by Miami also....
    I would love it if you were right. Here's hoping!

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Originally posted by Saucy View Post
    According to NFL.com, the Broncos can secure a first-round bye this weekend with a win plus a KC loss and Cincinnati loss.

Chiefs @ Raiders
    Bengals @ Steelers

Doesn't look like we will get the bye secure this weekend. What do you think?
    I could see Pittsburgh maybe beating Cincinnati but not the Raiders beating KC. I think it's possible that New England gets beat by Miami also....

Leave a comment:

• Rarelyoffended
    replied
    Miami is my upset pick over NE

Leave a comment:

Working...
X