what to take from this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to take from this season

In my honest opinion there are positives and negatives i gathered from this season:
    POSITIVES:
    ashlie lelie stepped up and became a big threat reciever. 1000yrds is not bad for 3rd year reciever.
    dj williams was a major factor in denver's defense.excellent rookie who will only get better.
    tatem bell is a definite threat if he stays healthy. a healthy bell should compensate for jakes silly mistakes.
    both rookie recievers showed promise and we all look forward to them being a factor in the future.
    more use of putzier and carswell in the offense can make the offense run a little bit smoother.
    kennoy kennedy had one of his best years and he wasn't fined for any illegal hits.

NEGATIVES:

Lack of 3rd down conversions needs to improve.
    red zone play calling was ineffective.
    bell's health.
    consistency by those same rookie recievers. though they showed promise, several easy passes were dropped through out the year.
    no consistant pass rush. another down linemen that requires two blockers needs to be added whether by drafting or free agent.
    special teams. better punter and better coverage.
    secondary. not just bailey but can anybody cover a reciever?
    offense line needs discipline. too many stupid penalties in crucial times.
    discipline on defense as well.
    recapturing home field. teams can beat denver in denver.

with all this said these are problems that i believe can be fixed in the off season but i still manage to leave out one major problem that if it doesn't get fixed denver won't go anywhere next year: jake plummer.

has jake warranted most of his critizism? yeah, i guess he deserves some of it.
    yet i don't believe he as bad people make him out to be. people constantly remind us that jake is no elway but yet they want him to play like elway. it's either one or the other you can't have both. now has he made some stuuuuupppiiiiiidddd passes. yes he has. but he has shown signs of brilliance at times also but the bad outweigh the good because of the timing of the mistakes. he has to show more discipline in his decision making. i really don't have an issue with paying him the bonus. if that doesn't motivate him to play better nothing will but i'm not ready to give up on him just yet. If jake is the starter next year, I, bklynbronco will back him and give him another chance before ranting and raving about getting rid of him.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Originally posted by bklynbronco
    In my honest opinion there are positives and negatives i gathered from this season:
    POSITIVES:
    ashlie lelie stepped up and became a big threat reciever. 1000yrds is not bad for 3rd year reciever.
    dj williams was a major factor in denver's defense.excellent rookie who will only get better.
    tatem bell is a definite threat if he stays healthy. a healthy bell should compensate for jakes silly mistakes.
    both rookie recievers showed promise and we all look forward to them being a factor in the future.
    more use of putzier and carswell in the offense can make the offense run a little bit smoother.
    kennoy kennedy had one of his best years and he wasn't fined for any illegal hits.

NEGATIVES:

Lack of 3rd down conversions needs to improve.
    red zone play calling was ineffective.
    bell's health.
    consistency by those same rookie recievers. though they showed promise, several easy passes were dropped through out the year.
    no consistant pass rush. another down linemen that requires two blockers needs to be added whether by drafting or free agent.
    special teams. better punter and better coverage.
    secondary. not just bailey but can anybody cover a reciever?
    offense line needs discipline. too many stupid penalties in crucial times.
    discipline on defense as well.
    recapturing home field. teams can beat denver in denver.

with all this said these are problems that i believe can be fixed in the off season but i still manage to leave out one major problem that if it doesn't get fixed denver won't go anywhere next year: jake plummer.

has jake warranted most of his critizism? yeah, i guess he deserves some of it.
    yet i don't believe he as bad people make him out to be. people constantly remind us that jake is no elway but yet they want him to play like elway. it's either one or the other you can't have both. now has he made some stuuuuupppiiiiiidddd passes. yes he has. but he has shown signs of brilliance at times also but the bad outweigh the good because of the timing of the mistakes. he has to show more discipline in his decision making. i really don't have an issue with paying him the bonus. if that doesn't motivate him to play better nothing will but i'm not ready to give up on him just yet. If jake is the starter next year, I, bklynbronco will back him and give him another chance before ranting and raving about getting rid of him.

I'd agree with everything but the jake part, Denver should keep him.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
      Defently not...
      sigpic

Comment

What to take for this season

A few pepcid A.C.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
          A few pepcid A.C.

A shot of Jack and call it a season.

Comment

Originally posted by dfrivers
            A shot of Jack and call it a season.
            I'll take the fifth (pun intended)™
            This space for rent

Comment

but

Originally posted by Snk16
              i thought i said keep jake.
              Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Excellent post but I'm still hoping for this season. This off season is going to be very interesting.
                BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
                IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by bklynbronco
                  i thought i said keep jake.

sORRY miss understood.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                  2. Taxes
                  3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by bornbroncofan
                    This off season is going to be very interesting.
                    You can say that again. If everyone got their way around here, Shanny and Jake would both be gone. If that really happens we as Bronco fans better get used to losing for some time. We have a strong foundation but the house is made of cards. We need to focus on improvements in multiple areas and not rip up that foundation.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

you forgot one big negative

while top qb's are not mistake free and even the best occassionly make a stupid play as in farves int in the endzone(who the hell was that to?) or brady's stupid pass monday that cost them the game, they are not frequent

while jake makes at least one stupid play each game,,, if not two
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                      X