Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confidence Level

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
    But none of those things are going to cost the Broncos a championship, if they prepare and play like they are supposed to.
    You're right I should have just stated my confindence in the team and posted more towards what they can control like turnovers and special teams instead of ranting about refs and the NFL

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by notmyname View Post
      You're right I should have just stated my confindence in the team and posted more towards what they can control like turnovers and special teams instead of ranting about refs and the NFL
      There you go.

      Comment


      • #18
        I would say the refs cost the Browns the game last Sunday. I don't think there's a conspiracy though, just human error.

        I do think all pass interference and personal foul penalties should be reviewed, as they are true game-changers.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
          I would say the refs cost the Browns the game last Sunday. I don't think there's a conspiracy though, just human error.

          I do think all pass interference and personal foul penalties should be reviewed, as they are true game-changers.
          My main concern there is that it's never enough. People will then say holding, and offsides (to see if an o-lineman flinched to draw him), etc. all need to be reviewed. The game suddenly becomes like driving in city traffic.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
            I would say the refs cost the Browns the game last Sunday. I don't think there's a conspiracy though, just human error.

            I do think all pass interference and personal foul penalties should be reviewed, as they are true game-changers.
            Or you could look at it like if the Browns would have recovered the onside kick then game is over. The Browns had their opportunities as well.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
              Or you could look at it like if the Browns would have recovered the onside kick then game is over. The Browns had their opportunities as well.
              That too, no idea why they were playing semi-deep when NE was going onsides, but oh well.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                My main concern there is that it's never enough. People will then say holding, and offsides (to see if an o-lineman flinched to draw him), etc. all need to be reviewed. The game suddenly becomes like driving in city traffic.
                I agree it shouldn't be all penalties, just those two as there are so many yards given on them.

                Another idea is one Belichick floated, which is to make all plays challengable; if you keep the limit to two challenges, it won't slow the game up any more than normal.

                A third idea I recently heard is to make any PI call inside the 20 yard line a "half the distance to the goal" penalty rather than spot of the foul.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
                  I agree it shouldn't be all penalties, just those two as there are so many yards given on them.

                  Another idea is one Belichick floated, which is to make all plays challengable; if you keep the limit to two challenges, it won't slow the game up any more than normal.

                  A third idea I recently heard is to make any PI call inside the 20 yard line a "half the distance to the goal" penalty rather than spot of the foul.
                  I agree with Belicheck that all plays should be reviewable, especially if since they are limiting the number of challenges. I also think you should get 3 challenges regardless if you win or loose them, assuming you have the time outs available if you fail.

                  I think the PI rule is good as is. It should be a spot foul since that's where it would have been caught if not for the PI. If you limit it in the red zone like that, then it becomes incumbent upon the defender to interfere in order to prevent the TD even more than it already is.

                  Personally, I think the officials to an incredibly good job as it is. They are human and they are going to make some bad calls. That is just part of the game. But overall they make a lot of very good calls on plays that happen in the blink of an eye.
                  ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
                    I agree it shouldn't be all penalties, just those two as there are so many yards given on them.

                    Another idea is one Belichick floated, which is to make all plays challengable; if you keep the limit to two challenges, it won't slow the game up any more than normal.

                    A third idea I recently heard is to make any PI call inside the 20 yard line a "half the distance to the goal" penalty rather than spot of the foul.
                    I strongly dislike the PI that puts a team on the 1 yard line. That's ridiculous.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      We have the most prolific offense ever, and it has shown up in every game, even if it's not for 60 minutes very often. I'm very confident in that. Defense isn't special, and that puts more pressure on the offense, and for whatever reason, this year's Broncos seem to be prone to shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and ST gaffes. So...I basically think nobody (including Seahawks) can beat this team if they don't turn the ball over. If the do...well, then it gets tighter and anything can happen (like it did against NE). Play clean and host the Lombardi trophy. It's that simple.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X