Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ravens @ Broncos Miracle in Mile High REMATCH?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ravens @ Broncos Miracle in Mile High REMATCH?

    Say it aint so

    It IS possible (unless I'm looking at this wrong) that we could have the Baltimore Ravens back in Denver for the Divisional round of the playoffs AGAIN this season!!

    This would be so ULTRA sweet. There is no game I would like to see more than this match-up

    The only downside I can see to it is that if it's another close game and our Broncos spend some emotion on it, it might drain them for the following game. But that's really not worth the speculation. What is worth speculating is the fact that if the season ended today,...

    http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

    ... Ravens would play CINN - and then we'd play the winner of that game.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

  • #2
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    Say it aint so

    It IS possible (unless I'm looking at this wrong) that we could have the Baltimore Ravens back in Denver for the Divisional round of the playoffs AGAIN this season!!

    This would be so ULTRA sweet. There is no game I would like to see more than this match-up

    The only downside I can see to it is that if it's another close game and our Broncos spend some emotion on it, it might drain them for the following game. But that's really not worth the speculation. What is worth speculating is the fact that if the season ended today,...

    http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

    ... Ravens would play CINN - and then we'd play the winner of that game.
    Not if Cincy. won as they would go to NE.

    It would be a good game but unlikely. The Ravens have to win out. Even if they beat NE they would have to win IN Cincy who are unbeaten.

    Then if they make the playoffs they would have to beat the #3 seed in their own house

    Comment


    • #3
      Baltimore is finally starting to look like the world champions that they are.

      Unlikely? It was unlikely that they could beat Denver in Denver last year ....... this is the NFL.

      Thanks for the probability thoughts tho! Should be a very fun season end and playoffs
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
        Baltimore is finally starting to look like the world champions that they are.

        Unlikely? It was unlikely that they could beat Denver in Denver last year ....... this is the NFL.

        Thanks for the probability thoughts tho! Should be a very fun season end and playoffs
        For the Ravens to get to the divisional round they would have to beat the Pats at home and a Bengals team twice in their own stadium.... where they are 7-0..... for a team that really struggled at home to the Vikings and only scored 6 FG's against Detroit I would say that is very unlikely.

        but I would love to play the Ravens. The only team that would worry me is NE.... and then only barely

        Comment


        • #5
          There is no way I want to see the Ravens again. They just always seem to come up with miracles. I still have traumatic memories.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            There is no way I want to see the Ravens again. They just always seem to come up with miracles. I still have traumatic memories.
            Nope. Don't wanna see any more of Jacoby Jones dancing toward the end zone. No way, no how!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by southern cross View Post
              Nope. Don't wanna see any more of Jacoby Jones dancing toward the end zone. No way, no how!
              I'm with you girl.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

              Comment


              • #8
                Balt. and Indy have no offense. They won't beat Denver.

                Cincy look tough and well rounded but are poor on the road and Dalton looks very limited.

                NE and KC are the only teams I think could give us problems...... and we should be too good for both.

                The AFC looks weak and the only way we don't win it IMO is by blowing it ourselves

                Comment


                • #9
                  It would be fitting to see the Ravens again. In 97 we had to go to Jacksonville to face the team that knocked us off the previous year. However Ravens face the Pats this week in another must win game. Brady is coming off a loss and needs to win to hold on to the bye. The Pats will also be looking for a little revenge from last seasons post season loss and would love to knock the Ravens out of the playoffs.

                  Ravens could not even get into the end zone last week, and had to settle for all field goals to win with a last second miracle FG of 61 yards. They will not be able to settle for FGs against Tom Brady. I also question how many miracles they have in them.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If we play the ravens again we WILL NOT lose. We will be so fired up for that game that I could see another 50 burger put on them.

                    I would love to get that chance again.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                      Baltimore is finally starting to look like the world champions that they are.
                      I disagree.........they won Monday night against a struggling Lions team with bad calls and 5 fieldgoals. They are NOT the team they were last season. Flatoe should thank Anquan Boldin for his contract. Anquan made him look good.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It looks like Miami will win out. Baltimore's only chance is to win out. If they do, they will defeat Cincy. If that happens, Cincy would lose the division to Baltimore. In this scenario, Indy can move up to #2 if they win out, too. Indy winning out clinches the division and #1 seed for Denver.

                        It looks like that would result in 1=Denver, 2=Indy, 3=NE, 4=Baltimore, 5=KC, 6=Miami, and WC: Miami @ NE; KC @ Baltimore.

                        Baltimore could still end up at Denver in the Divisional, but as four seed by a different route.
                        Last edited by samparnell; 12-18-2013, 06:12 AM.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                          Balt. and Indy have no offense. They won't beat Denver.

                          Cincy look tough and well rounded but are poor on the road and Dalton looks very limited.

                          NE and KC are the only teams I think could give us problems...... and we should be too good for both.

                          The AFC looks weak and the only way we don't win it IMO is by blowing it ourselves
                          I dont know . Indy has beaten us once already. We cant take any games as a given at this point considering our defense.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sstoner View Post
                            I dont know . Indy has beaten us once already. We cant take any games as a given at this point considering our defense.
                            That was with Wayne. There O looks completely different now
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
                              That was with Wayne. There O looks completely different now
                              Again, nothing is guranteed...our defense is not playing well enough for me to say we wont lose 100%.

                              The SD game should have proven this.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X