Champ Bailey WILL BALL OUT on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Bailey WILL BALL OUT on Sunday

Like it our not, Champ is the best all around CB we have. I'm a huge Chris Harris fan, he's scrappy and has a little more speed than Champ. However, I just think Champ's experience gives him the upper hand. DRC is hands down the fastest CB we have and can bump and run with most WRs in the league, he just doesn't have a strong pressence vs the run. With playoff football around the corner, CBs are gonna have to cover and provide help vs the run, espcially with Vick our and Wolfe may miss more time as well. As long as Champ isn't asked to cover a speedy WR 1 on 1 deep without safety help, I have a lot of faith in him. The foot injury is concerning, but I think he's sat out long enough. If Champ, DRC and Harris are all on the field during the playoffs, I think this secondary improves a ton.

I hope your right but I think he needs to stay healthy & knock the rust off before he will be doing any balling out.

Comment

I heard he is only going to be used in nickle plays this week. I think as far as this week is concerned he is just going to be testing out the foot.
      Lets wait for him to "BALL" out come playoff time.

Comment

I'd put him the 3rd best corner on our team at this point behind DRC and Harris....Champ has barely seen the field at best he's rusty at worst he's still not ready to go...I wouldn't be surprised to see the Texans go after him this week for however long he's in the game this time.
        sigpic

Comment

He hasn't done enough this season or last to prove he's the best anything on the team right now.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
            He hasn't done enough this season or last to prove he's the best anything on the team right now.
            Even if you look at last season I'd still put DRC above him honestly. But your right...he's not even been around the vast majority of this season so there isn't much to go off of.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              Even if you look at last season I'd still put DRC above him honestly. But your right...he's not even been around the vast majority of this season so there isn't much to go off of.
              I would too. If Champ can't play at a high level during the playoffs I think he needs to retire.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                I would too. If Champ can't play at a high level during the playoffs I think he needs to retire.
                I'd love to give him a look at safety if he's willing before it comes to that but if he's not...He's not going to be a CB1 on this team anymore maybe not CB2 and he's going to have to accept moving down the totum pole
                sigpic

Comment

He's been injured this year, but I'm basing it off of 10+ years of success at one of the toughest positions on the field. I'm pretty sure Champ hears a lot of the criticsm he gets and has been waiting to get on the field. The Texans have no Foster or Tate and Schaub just got stuck back at QB only because some guy named Case Keenum got hurt. Champ probably will be targeted, but I'm confident Champ takes advantage of this chance to show he's back.

Comment

I would love if he can come back for 5 more games this year! And our defense gets on fire and Champ gets a couple picks!

Comment

I would rather he get through the game healthy and use the texans and raiders games to return to game speed than pushing himself too hard to try and make something special happen. When he knows he can trust his foot he'll be back on top.

Comment

I'd love to give him a look at safety if he's willing before it comes to that but if he's not...He's not going to be a CB1 on this team anymore maybe not CB2 and he's going to have to accept moving down the totum pole
                        I agree completely with this. I said this at the beginning of the season and tons of people freaked out. Bailey would make an amazing safety with his experience and ball skills. He wouldn't need the all out speed that he may have lost a bit of, and I think it would make him more dangerous. As a roamer out there in some situations, he would get the opportunity to use his wits more and make plays. In years past, the QB just ignored his side of the field completely, but with him in safety, it makes the QB's job substantially harder to ignore him.

Plus, he is still probably the best tackler on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by fightinglee View Post
                          I agree completely with this. I said this at the beginning of the season and tons of people freaked out. Bailey would make an amazing safety with his experience and ball skills. He wouldn't need the all out speed that he may have lost a bit of, and I think it would make him more dangerous. As a roamer out there in some situations, he would get the opportunity to use his wits more and make plays. In years past, the QB just ignored his side of the field completely, but with him in safety, it makes the QB's job substantially harder to ignore him.

Plus, he is still probably the best tackler on the team.
                          I hear you. Honestly, Champ knew this as well. If I'm not mistaken, he negotiated his contract years ago so that after this season he would rework it, suggesting he knew he'd go to safety at a much lower price. I could definetly see him an Ed Reed role (former Ed Reed) just roaming around. However, until I see him get injured again or get beat as bad as Torrey beat him, he's my #1.

Comment

I will take a rusty Champ over Omar Bolden any day...heck, I'd take a one legged Champ over Bolden...

He is still a good, smart corner, and he can use his smarts and instincts to do a pretty good job...he just can't handle the go routes anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
                              I will take a rusty Champ over Omar Bolden any day...heck, I'd take a one legged Champ over Bolden...

He is still a good, smart corner, and he can use his smarts and instincts to do a pretty good job...he just can't handle the go routes anymore.

My thoughts exactly. We are pretty bad in the secondary and getting torched. I don't want to see Webster, Jammer or Bolden in coverage much in the playoffs. I'd like to see Webster get some reps, but I don't know if he's ready for a lot of snaps in the playoffs yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X