Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooo....... KC, Indy or Miami

Looks like it will be one of these 3.

Obviously Miami would be a great match-up but its unlikely they win in Cincy.

So Indy or KC ? Neither worry me greatly. Indy have ZERO running game and lack weapons. D is decent but not special. They do have a stellar QB though capable of hitting big plays.

KC are looking pretty average on both sides of the ball against decent teams, they run through Charles.... the worry is playing a division opponent can throw up surprises because of the familiarity.

If not Miami I would probably want Indy.

I didn't see any of the KC/Indy game yesterday, so I can't comment on their play. I do wonder what happened to their offense, though.

Personally, I'd like to see Denver shut down Indy.

Comment

Wouldnt want Indy, they manhandled our O last time.

The not being able to beat a team 3 times is fair but if push comes to shove, oh well.

Still an outside shot for SD and Bal to sneak in.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        Wouldnt want Indy, they manhandled our O last time.

The not being able to beat a team 3 times is fair but if push comes to shove, oh well.

Still an outside shot for SD and Bal to sneak in.
        I wouldn't read much into that, in their dome, primetime game, they just seemed to have all the energy... and we still put up around 30

Comment

I think the final seeding will be:

1. Broncos
          2. Bengals
          3. Colts
          4. Patriots (Bills have a great pass rush and a good pass D; the patriots O was not impressive yesterday, regardless of the final score)
          5. Chiefs
          6. Miami

I think the Colts win in the playoffs and the patriots win.
          I think it will be broncos vs pats in the divisional round and then broncos vs bengals in the afc championship. I like both of these matchups. Getting the pats after the bye is optimal I think and the bengals don't scare me that much if they have to come here on the road. I like our chances.

Comment

Like Eroyal said it's not even close to being narrowed down to these three teams.

SD and Baltimore, especially Baltimore have a better shot of getting in than Miami. Baltimore plays a Cincy team who although is unbeatable at home may feel like they aren't playing for anything next week. They would need a NE loss at home to Buffalo to be able to get the 2 seed. Not likely.

Even the Steelers have an outside shot of getting in.

On top of that we still have to take care of business against Oakland who could easily be tougher on the road than Houston. That's to ensure us the 1 seed and not a 2.

I believe 5 of 6 spots in the AFC are locked in but jockying for seeds is still way up in the air. Far too early to determine who the second round opponent will be. I would say Miami is not the one likely to get that playoff spot.

But based on the subject of the thread if those were the options I think the choice is easily Miami.

K.C. is the tough to beat a team 3 times in one year scenario. Indy beat us though we would play much better at home. But always that worry.

Miami doesn't scare me at all. So if those were the options I take Miami.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSheriff View Post
              I think the final seeding will be:

1. Broncos
              2. Bengals
              3. Colts
              4. Patriots (Bills have a great pass rush and a good pass D; the patriots O was not impressive yesterday, regardless of the final score)
              5. Chiefs
              6. Miami

I think the Colts win in the playoffs and the patriots win.
              I think it will be broncos vs pats in the divisional round and then broncos vs bengals in the afc championship. I like both of these matchups. Getting the pats after the bye is optimal I think and the bengals don't scare me that much if they have to come here on the road. I like our chances.
              Pats will be the 2 seed. They will not lose a home game to Buffalo. Doesn't matter what Buffalo is capable of. Brady will not lose to them at home.

So I would go
              1.Broncos
              2. Pats
              3. Bengals
              4. Colts
              5. Chiefs
              6. San Diego (I'm not really aware of all the tie breakers. This assumes Cincy even takes the gam seriously and doesn't give it to Baltimore freely. But Chargers have a game against a Chiefs team with nothing to lose)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                Like Eroyal said it's not even close to being narrowed down to these three teams.

SD and Baltimore, especially Baltimore have a better shot of getting in than Miami. Baltimore plays a Cincy team who although is unbeatable at home may feel like they aren't playing for anything next week. They would need a NE loss at home to Buffalo to be able to get the 2 seed. Not likely.

Even the Steelers have an outside shot of getting in.

On top of that we still have to take care of business against Oakland who could easily be tougher on the road than Houston. That's to ensure us the 1 seed and not a 2.

I believe 5 of 6 spots in the AFC are locked in but jockying for seeds is still way up in the air. Far too early to determine who the second round opponent will be. I would say Miami is not the one likely to get that playoff spot.

But based on the subject of the thread if those were the options I think the choice is easily Miami.

K.C. is the tough to beat a team 3 times in one year scenario. Indy beat us though we would play much better at home. But always that worry.

Miami doesn't scare me at all. So if those were the options I take Miami.
                Cin still has the 2-seed to play for so im sure they will play for that game and hope NE loses.

Albeit a slim chance NE loses, but you never know sometimes.

I dont believe they will rest/sit in that game.

Comment

Pats will be the 2 seed. They will not lose a home game to Buffalo. Doesn't matter what Buffalo is capable of. Brady will not lose to them at home.

So I would go
                  1.Broncos
                  2. Pats
                  3. Bengals
                  4. Colts
                  5. Chiefs
                  6. San Diego (I'm not really aware of all the tie breakers. This assumes Cincy even takes the gam seriously and doesn't give it to Baltimore freely. But Chargers have a game against a Chiefs team with nothing to lose)
                  If all 3 of Mia/Bal/SD won, Mia would get in.

If SD/Mia won, Mia would get in due to H2H tiebreaker.

Comment

Based on the Playoff Machine on ESPN this how things could work out

Miami can get in with a Win vs. The Jets A SD win vs. KC and a Bal win vs. Cincy or. a win vs. The Jets and a Baltimore Loss vs. Cincy

Baltimore can get in with A win and a SD Loss or Miami Loss

SD Can et in with a Win and a Bal and Miami loss

And Believe it or Not Steelers can get in with a Win and if Baltimore Miami and SD all lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                      If all 3 of Mia/Bal/SD won, Mia would get in.

If SD/Mia won, Mia would get in due to H2H tiebreaker.
                      I honestly couldn't remember who won beteen Miami and SD. Was trying to remember yesterday and didn't look it up. I had thought the Chargers won. So glad that's the case.

What I don't understand is how if they all win Miami gets in. Baltimore was the 6 seed yesterday. Both them and Miami lost.

So seems like the seeding would remain. So if they both win how does it change?

Is it due to SD now being thrown into the mix with the ties?

Also any chance K.C takes this game seriously? Some teams don't want a rival getting in. Which I'm hoping is incentive for Cincy to take Baltimore seriously. Does it even matter if they do take it seriously? I don't think the Chiefs are a good team anymore and they already lost to SD at home.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncNugRockAvs View Post
                        Based on the Playoff Machine on ESPN this how things could work out

Miami can get in with a Win vs. The Jets A SD win vs. KC and a Bal win vs. Cincy or. a win vs. The Jets and a Baltimore Loss vs. Cincy

Baltimore can get in with A win and a SD Loss or Miami Loss

SD Can et in with a Win and a Bal and Miami loss

And Believe it or Not Steelers can get in with a Win and if Baltimore Miami and SD all lose.
                        I actually think this has a better chance of happening than you would think.

Steelers host the Browns which is by far the easiest opponent.

Baltimore could easily lose @ Cincy. So I believe their season is done.

SD may have the best chance at home vs K.C. though if K.C takes it seriously it will be tough.

Miami I think hosts the jets which they should win but after yesterday I could see them losing it. Another Jets wanting to spoil for a rival scenario.

I guess it is the least likely scenario but I also thought there was 0 chance Auburn would get in the national title with two weeks left in the season.
                        sigpic

Comment

If all 3 Win Miami gets in because a 3 way tie Miami Wins tie break over San Diego and Baltimore based on best win percentage in conference games. Also take into effect we could play Cincy because if Cincy lose to Baltimore and Indy wins Indy would take the 3rd seed.
                          Last edited by BroncNugRockAvs; 12-23-2013, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I honestly couldn't remember who won beteen Miami and SD. Was trying to remember yesterday and didn't look it up. I had thought the Chargers won. So glad that's the case.

What I don't understand is how if they all win Miami gets in. Baltimore was the 6 seed yesterday. Both them and Miami lost.

So seems like the seeding would remain. So if they both win how does it change?

Is it due to SD now being thrown into the mix with the ties?

Also any chance K.C takes this game seriously? Some teams don't want a rival getting in. Which I'm hoping is incentive for Cincy to take Baltimore seriously. Does it even matter if they do take it seriously? I don't think the Chiefs are a good team anymore and they already lost to SD at home.
                            Some weird tiebreaker thing with Mia/SD/Bal, i think conference record or SOS would be the tiebreaker.

I dont think KC takes that game seriously, they are locked into the 5th spot, so they may play for a half then rest some guys in the 2nd half.

They cant improve much seeding wise.

Comment

Yeah, it's crazy how "up in the air" the #6 seed is this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X