Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Time Regular Season Passing Yards Record - does he get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Time Regular Season Passing Yards Record - does he get it?

Manning needs about 266 to break the all time Passing Yards in a season

Think he gets it next week?

What are the chances he's pulled before he gets it?

What if he doesn't even play? is that possible?

What if he throws for 7 TDs again to close the season? ROFL

What do u think happens?
    Manning Breaks the record
    96.77%
    Manning plays but doesn't break it
    3.23%
    Manning doesn't even play
    0.00%
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

He's definitely playing. We need a win or a Patriots loss and their game will be going on at the same time... and against the Raiders? 266 is going to happen.

Even if circumstances somehow make it so that playing time is meaningless, as long as the record is relatively close, I think that they'll go for it. I remember in Indy when Reggie Wayne needed like 7 catches or something to get to 100 on the season, they force fed him for a couple of drives then took him out. Teams pretend like those stats/records don't matter, but the numbers do mean something to them.

Comment

Manning plays he breaks it, then sits down in the 4th quarter only after the game is assured a win. Besides he will need to play, they have a week off, remember?
      sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
        He's definitely playing. We need a win or a Patriots loss and their game will be going on at the same time... and against the Raiders? 266 is going to happen.

Even if circumstances somehow make it so that playing time is meaningless, as long as the record is relatively close, I think that they'll go for it. I remember in Indy when Reggie Wayne needed like 7 catches or something to get to 100 on the season, they force fed him for a couple of drives then took him out. Teams pretend like those stats/records don't matter, but the numbers do mean something to them.
        Of course they matter. A lot of contract incentives are built around these sorts of stats.

Though I'm not sure Manning would've agreed to a bonus for breaking the single season yards record.

But I'm sure it's a stat he would love to have and go after.

To the OP I don't see how not playing is even remotely an option.

As for the record I think he gets it easily. I may be one of the few and hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me but I was actually rooting for the Pats yesterday for multiple reasons.

1. I wanted this team to be forced to play all of next week. I don't ever like the scenario of a double by or even rested on only playing a half game in week 17. Meaningless or not. We have seen it backfire on teams too many times. Especially Manning.

A bye is ok. Any rest beyond that makes me nervous of rust.

2. I don't want Baltimore anywhere near the playoffs. They are easily becoming one of my most hated teams. Sure we shouldn't fear them. And revenge would be nice. But I more fear the flukey things going in their favor. Like last year. I never dreamed we could lose the rematch to them last year. But mainly I just can't stand them their arrogant ingorant mouthy defense or the overrated Flacco.

3. We control our own destiny. Win and it doesn't matter what the Pats do next week. If we can't beat the Raiders we don't deserve the 1 seed anyway. And I have full faith we will earn it.

4. By the Pats winning it forces Manning to play a majority of the game unless we are up 30 in the 4th. Either way by that point I think Manning will have set the record. Which I really wanted him to get.

I would've hated ending up 115 yards or so short if he sat the second half.
        sigpic

Comment

He has to play because the Broncos still have something to play for, and when has he NOT thrown for at least 265 this year? Of course he'll break it.

Comment

Because we need the win for the #1 seed and New England plays at the same time we do Peyton will play and he will get the record.

Comment

Oh yeah he will get it...

Comment

Fox said in the locker room, before giving Peyton the game ball, that this last game was a must-win to ensure that everyone has to come through Denver.

Denver will play until the win is assured. Plus, they will have plenty of time to rest with the 1st round bye.

Comment

Another thing is when Brees broke it two years ago I believe it was also in week 17 of a blowout game against Atlanta where he absolutely did not need to be in the game. They had the division clinched and the game won.

But they left him in with like 2-3 minutes left with the sole purpose of getting the record.

I fully believe the Broncos likely would've allowed the same for Peyton whether we had the 1 seed clinched or not. He would've played until the record was broken.
                  sigpic

Comment

He's thrown for less than 266 only once this season. And they do have something to play for in this final game. Chances of breaking the record sounds pretty likely to me. Unless Oakland has a 3 man front and basically tells Denver "run it, we're not letting Peyton have that record to", I think he'll definitely break the passing yards record.

Comment

Did anyone see the post game presser of Wade Phillips? He sort of mumbled something about that last TD rofl. It was funny and kinda lame at the same time.
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Yo, Absolutely
                        [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                          Did anyone see the post game presser of Wade Phillips? He sort of mumbled something about that last TD rofl. It was funny and kinda lame at the same time.
                          What did he say?
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                            I heard he was kinda griping about running up the score or something to that effect. It's funny .

Comment

I wonder if those Raiders fans in the Hole will give him a standing ovation like the Texans fans did.

Can you imagine? A Denver Broncos quarterback getting a standing ovation in Oakland?
                              Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

Working...
                              X