Some of the Patriots fan base is worse than ever with the Von injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of the Patriots fan base is worse than ever with the Von injury

I have a lot of respect for Kraft, Belichick, Brady and the rest of that organization. A lot of people dislike them for being successful, Spygate, Belichicks grumpy attitude, refs protecting Brady, etc, but you have to respect them. Their fanbase is another story. The Boston/New England fanbase has the reputation for being cocky and sometimes ignorant. What I'm reading today on their board is probably as bad as I've ever seen from them. They were wishing Von torn his knee before it was announced and some said they're glad he tore it after the news broke. I saw he deserved to tear his acl after only getting suspended 6 games, hopefully Decker dislocates his shoulder?????? Trash talk is allowed between teams, but a fundamental of any sport, as a player or fan, is you don't wish injuries on anyone. You'll always have a few ignorant fans that may say something foolish about an opponent getting hurt, but I've never seen so many posts either wishing he was hurt or saying they were glad he was hurt. A small # of Patriot fans called these people out for breaking the cardinal sin of a fanbase and wishing injury on a player. I almost want to say I'm not really surprised with them, but I have to, because I can't believe so many of them acted like this.

Kontradiction, you can take this back to your message board if you like. I would post myself,but for some reason after 4 weeks, I'm still waiting to have posting access. It may not have been all Patriot fans, but it was enough to say you guys are at an all time low to me. On the day you destroy the Ravens, you're focussed on wishing harm to a guy that's already injured??? I hope we see you guys in the playoffs, and by the way we'll be the home team this time.
    Last edited by champ&dreallday; 12-23-2013, 11:35 AM.

They're pathetic, always have been.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

Don't let it get to you. There classless and I guess things like this make them feel better. Good for them
      sigpic

Comment

I got to disagree. Went on a Patriots message board and here is a thread on Von Miller. They are acting pretty classy to be honest.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...acl-page3.html

Comment

Why even bother going to a Patriots message board if you're not a Pats fan? You know they're just going to hate on Peyton Manning and the Broncos and be happy with every misfortune that befall them, because they want their Patriots to win.

I don't go on Pats boards, Ravens boards, whoever. I just come here because I'm pulling for the Denver Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by thewiseguy View Post
            I got to disagree. Went on a Patriots message board and here is a thread on Von Miller. They are acting pretty classy to be honest.

Yeah, most there werent bad at all.

Fair that they have suffered a lot of injuries (true), and he shouldnt of been playing all year (debateable)

But one poster did mention that an offensive weapon would be a bigger loss and i might agree.

Comment

Yeah I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you, the crowd at Patsfans is acting the exact same way we would act to a big injury to them. For the most part, people saying it sucks, don't wish injuries on anyone, and they don't want to see it because it's an excuse if we lose.

Every forum has their ridiculous members who will celebrate it, but for the most part, they've acted the exact same way we would.
              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Okay here you go : http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...-tore-acl.html

1) re: Broncos fear Von Miller tore ACL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now decker needs to dislocate his shoulder

2) We lost:

Hernandez
                Gronkowski
                Vollmer

Wilfork
                Mayo
                T. Kelly

I actually do hope Von Miller tore his ACL. I don't care. Miller shouldn't even be playing this year anyways.

3) re: Broncos fear Von Miller tore ACL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh boo hoo it's about time players started to go down for them. I will love to see what happens when they lose Decker or Thomas to IR.

And not to mention, some of these posts were liked by other members.

This post was responsible, but surprisingly from a message board moderator who called the fan base out:

sorry guys, celebrating injuries to any player is classless and that is 95% of the posts on this thread..

You tell me buddy. Again maybe some sensible fans created another thread, but to see so many of the ones I posted is ridiculous. I don't even think I've heard Raider or Chargers fans wish injuries on us.
                Last edited by champ&dreallday; 12-23-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Yea we had a season ending injury. Not sure why you would go on the Pats message board and read their responses anyway. In terms of their chances this is a boost for them. Its not like I was crying when Gronk was injured.

Comment

I'm not going to Pigeon hole a entire fan base on the ignorant comments of a few. I've read on this board from people who went to the Broncos vs Patriots game that Pats fans were really respectful.
                    Last edited by ELWAY421; 12-25-2013, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                      Okay here you go : http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...-tore-acl.html

1) re: Broncos fear Von Miller tore ACL

now decker needs to dislocate his shoulder

2) We lost:

Hernandez
                      Gronkowski
                      Vollmer

Wilfork
                      Mayo
                      T. Kelly

I actually do hope Von Miller tore his ACL. I don't care. Miller shouldn't even be playing this year anyways.

3) re: Broncos fear Von Miller tore ACL

Oh boo hoo it's about time players started to go down for them. I will love to see what happens when they lose Decker or Thomas to IR.

And not to mention, some of these posts were liked by other members.

This post was responsible, but surprisingly from a message board moderator who called the fan base out:

sorry guys, celebrating injuries to any player is classless and that is 95% of the posts on this thread..

You tell me buddy. Again maybe some sensible fans created another thread, but to see so many of the ones I posted is ridiculous. I don't even think I've heard Raider or Chargers fans wish injuries on us.
                      I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find similar posts on here about injuries to other guys at other points in time. It's dangerous to stereotype an entire fan base based off of a few people, as football fans aren't always nice and sober when they're speaking their mind.

Any sensible person would agree that to wish an injury upon anyone is about as classless as it gets*

*Unless that player is someone who tries to injure other players. Then he deserves any injury he gets, other than a permanent one.
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Horrible Region, horrible people. I've been there before going to Virginia.
                        Hated it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yea we had a season ending injury. Not sure why you would go on the Pats message board and read their responses anyway. In terms of their chances this is a boost for them. Its not like I was crying when Gronk was injured.
                          I've been going to their board since before we played them. This has been a very exciting year and I've enjoyed people from other teams coming to our board. Even if they talk trash, I like to hear their viewpoints if they back them up with facts or make sensible predictions. The guy Kontradiction is a Patriots fan, and I'll say it to everyone, he comes off a Patriots homer and a bit arrogant sometimes, but for the most part he's a good dude. I appreciate him posting on our site most and like hearing what he has to say. I think we have a good rivalry with the Pats and attempted to join their board weeks ago just to have sensible debates. My status is still pending after 4 weeks somehow and I haven't been able to. Again, I'm not saying they're all terrible, their's always going to be a few knucklheads, we have some too, but even as the Pats Moderator said, 95% of their thread seemed to be negative/wishing injury on Von.

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
                            Yeah I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you, the crowd at Patsfans is acting the exact same way we would act to a big injury to them. For the most part, people saying it sucks, don't wish injuries on anyone, and they don't want to see it because it's an excuse if we lose.

Every forum has their ridiculous members who will celebrate it, but for the most part, they've acted the exact same way we would.
                            I hear you, and I know we have our bad members as well, but I can't recall mulitple people wishing harm on a player and others co-signing the comment. We've hit some players pretty hard, but I've never heard anyone say I hope player X is hurt for the season. We put a hurting on RG3 but never wished him reinjuring his knee. I can't even recall our biggest rivals saying that. Maybe I should have said some of the Patriots fans is worst than ever. To be respsonsible, Administrators please edit the Thread Title for me if possible. But again, I saw enough ill will and co-signing to say it's more than a few bad members.

Comment

I'm fairly ccertain that judging a fanbase on one thread on an online forum is not very accurate... shoot I've said things throughout the course of games which anyone could say is classless, but as fans we tend to lose our heads sometimes...

Even though I think you were asking for trouble when you went into their forums looking for their opinions on vons injury... it's not like they feel the same way about von as we do... I mean I for one(and will gladly admit) that if/when we face the pats in the playoffs that theyll be without gronk... I'm not overly ecstatic he got injured but on the same side I can careless that he is injured as I dont feel for the players on the pats team the same as I do the broncos...

Comment

Working...
                              X