Re-emergence of Woodyard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-emergence of Woodyard?

With Miller now out is this the chance for Woodyard to re-emerge as a top flight outside linebacker? He has shown the ability to fly around and apply speed off the edge or up the middle. I realize that we cannot replace miller with one guy, but the closest thing I could come up with is Woodyard and I would like to see him on the field again.

Outside of World wide Wes, do we sign another DE or LB like Mike Peterson, Aldrick Robinson?

Or do we dial up more blitz packages and add another body in the secondary.

I know we can still make it to the Super Bowl, even without MIller. Maybe this galvanizes the team even more to the cause.

I have to admit I am just in awe of the number of significant injuries we have sustained.

Time for Bronco Nation to rise up and help propel this team to greatness!!!!! UNITED IN ORANGE
    :logo: Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does. :logo:

Not likely. I think it's going to be Trevathan, Lenon and Irving from here on out.

There is like ZERO chance we sign Mike Peterson. Peterson and JDR fell out big time in Jacksonville.
    sigpic

Comment

Woody has to make some noise, unless he is injured. He was one of our MVPs last season and into this one, but something has changed. But with Von down, it's time for him and Irving to get physical, and in your face!! Trev's definitely doing his job. Now all we need is a little extra from these other guys.

We were 6 and 0 without Von, so we know it can be done. Now's the time for our middlemen to step it up!

Comment

Trevathan, Woodyard, Irving, Johnson and Lenon plus anyone else who can play Backer (e.g., Phillips). Everyone needs to step up. An OLB will probably be signed soon.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
          Not likely. I think it's going to be Trevathan, Lenon and Irving from here on out.

There is like ZERO chance we sign Mike Peterson. Peterson and JDR fell out big time in Jacksonville.
          Given a choice I say fire JDR...he's a liability anyway

Comment

Originally posted by tonray View Post
            Given a choice I say fire JDR...he's a liability anyway
            Thankfully, you don't have a choice...

Comment

Originally posted by MileHigh Salute View Post
              With Miller now out is this the chance for Woodyard to re-emerge as a top flight outside linebacker? He has shown the ability to fly around and apply speed off the edge or up the middle. I realize that we cannot replace miller with one guy, but the closest thing I could come up with is Woodyard and I would like to see him on the field again.

Outside of World wide Wes, do we sign another DE or LB like Mike Peterson, Aldrick Robinson?

Or do we dial up more blitz packages and add another body in the secondary.

I know we can still make it to the Super Bowl, even without MIller. Maybe this galvanizes the team even more to the cause.

I have to admit I am just in awe of the number of significant injuries we have sustained.

Time for Bronco Nation to rise up and help propel this team to greatness!!!!! UNITED IN ORANGE
              Elway & Co. will find someone, probably an OLB. Mario?

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Elway & Co. will find someone, probably an OLB. Mario?
                Mario who?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by simplistickhaos View Post
                  Mario who?
                  Andretti

Comment

Andretti

You think he can shed blocks !

Comment

Originally posted by notmyname View Post
                      You think he can shed blocks !

OK, Lemieux.

Comment

OK, Lemieux.
                        +1

Comment

+1

Van Peebles?

Comment

Van Peebles?
                            Well with all the injuries I was thinking someone from the Marvel or DC universe or someone with a mean streak like Attila the Hun or Vlad the Impaler

Comment

Well with all the injuries I was thinking someone from the Marvel or DC universe or someone with a mean streak like Attila the Hun or Vlad the Impaler
                              Super Mario

Comment

Working...
                              X