Moreno/Decker Free agents after season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moreno/Decker Free agents after season

Both are free agents after this season. What do you think? Moreno has been a workhorse for the broncos the last couple of years and should remain a bronco. I think Decker should be resigned also as long as its not at too much of a price. The receiving corps is good know and his spot can be replaced in the draft.
    sigpicimage.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

If you're asking who I would rather keep, I'd go with decker.

I think with a little more experience, montee can be relied on to do everything Moreno does.

Plus I think montee is a better runner already.
    Last edited by Justblaze2729; 12-26-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I would rather keep them both, both players are important to this team & just as long as neither try to break the bank.

Comment

I agree, I think Ball is a better back, but he has some fumbling problems, and that's what's keeping him from getting the starter position. That and Moreno now has six years of experience in blocking and receiving, as well as running.

Both should be kept. Ball is a good back, who with some more experience can become an elite RB, I think, and Decker is a solid receiver. He's not amazing, but he's good enough. If he asks for too much money though, they should just let him go.

Comment

Boy, I just would love to see Moreno get a contract given how hard he's worked to be where he is, how much Manning trusts him and how reliable he is.

It's almost embarrassing the riches we have on offense though.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I think Moreno's more valuable
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
              If you're asking who I would rather keep, I'd go with decker.

I think with a little more experience, montee can be relied on to do everything Moreno does.

Plus I think montee is a better runner already.
              I agree. Plus, a running back has a very short shelf life in the NFL. If Moreno doesn't ask for big money I'd try to keep him, but no more than 2-3 years on the deal.

Originally posted by PeytonW.Manning View Post
              I agree, I think Ball is a better back, but he has some fumbling problems, and that's what's keeping him from getting the starter position. That and Moreno now has six years of experience in blocking and receiving, as well as running.

Both should be kept. Ball is a good back, who with some more experience can become an elite RB, I think, and Decker is a solid receiver. He's not amazing, but he's good enough. If he asks for too much money though, they should just let him go.
              Ball had fumbling issues. That hasn't exactly been a problem for quite a while now.

Decker is becoming one of the better #2 receivers in football. Granted, that's with Peyton throwing, and lots of other targets stealing the heat, but he's gaining confidence. He's fast and just physical enough, and likely heading into his prime years.

If he asks for a big contract, then it may be money better spent elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                I agree. Plus, a running back has a very short shelf life in the NFL. If Moreno doesn't ask for big money I'd try to keep him, but no more than 2-3 years on the deal.

Age is definitely a factor. I'm looking at the guys behind Moreno and I see potential that needs to be utilized. I see montee being able to produce better than Moreno given the chance.

Then I look at the WR spot and wonder who the broncos can slide into the #2 spot that will put up 1000+ Yards/10+ TD's every year and I'm not sure that guy is available.

If decker asks for anything under 7 mill if I was the broncos I'd pay him. On the other hand, this probably won't be the popular thing around here but I would let Moreno walk regardless. Hopefully he can walk away with a ring to show for all his heart and effort in denver.
                Last edited by Justblaze2729; 12-26-2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                  Age is definitely a factor. I'm looking at the guys behind Moreno and I see potential that needs to be utilized. I see montee being able to produce better than Moreno given the chance.

Then I look at the WR spot and wonder who the broncos can slide into the #2 spot that will put up 1000+ Yards/10+ TD's every year and I'm not sure that guy is available.

If decker asks for anything under 7 mill if I was the broncos I'd pay him. On the other hand, this probably won't be the popular thing around here but I would let Moreno walk regardless. Hopefully he can walk away with a ring to show for all his heart and effort in denver.
                  It is a business. I agree that Ball is a better runner, and can become a factor in the passing game. He's definitely gotten better in blocking situations.

Moreno has had his signature season, and I too would like to see him get a ring for it. The Broncos wouldn't be "turning their backs on him," as some would suggest, but rather thinking about the future instead of clinging to the past. Running backs only have so many good years on their legs.

Comment

Simple.

The dropoff from Moreno to Ball isnt as big as Decker to ?

Most likely a cheaper FA if Decker cashed in elsewhere.

If Decker doesnt break the bank, i'd bring him back.

I hope they can keep Moreno, happy for him but RB's shell-life in the NFL is short.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                      Simple.

The dropoff from Moreno to Ball isnt as big as Decker to ?

Most likely a cheaper FA if Decker cashed in elsewhere.

If Decker doesnt break the bank, i'd bring him back.

I hope they can keep Moreno, happy for him but RB's shell-life in the NFL is short.
                      Good points. I suppose Caldwell is starting to show some promise, but replacing Decker probably wouldn't be as easy (or as inexpensive) as replacing a starting running back.

Comment

Running backs only have so many good years on their legs.
                        That's fine & dandy if they want to get younger or go the draft direction, however it wouldn't make any sense to let Knowshon walk to bring in another Willis Mcgahee. If Knowshon has a reasonable asking price I say keep him, Moreno has been very important to Manning & the offense as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                          That's fine & dandy if they want to get younger or go the draft direction, however it wouldn't make any sense to let Knowshon walk to bring in another Willis Mcgahee. If Knowshon has a reasonable asking price I say keep him, Moreno has been very important to Manning & the offense as well.
                          Reggie Bush got 4 years, 16 million.

Thats a good starting point for Moreno.

3 years, 10-12 million would be a good offer for him imo.

Comment

Good points. I suppose Caldwell is starting to show some promise, but replacing Decker probably wouldn't be as easy (or as inexpensive) as replacing a starting running back.
                            I dont think Caldwell would replace him.

Most likely a cheaper FA, some good options out there.

Sanders for Pitt, Boldin, Nicks, Tate, even Edelman.

The reason i'd like to keep Decker, is his size in the redzone and im sure Manning would make a pitch to keep him, even re-do his deal a little bit im sure.

Comment

I'm no Woody hater but I would rather see him walk to keep Decker & Knowshon. As a fan I guess I'm very attached to Moreno for where he has come from to where he is. The man has worked his tail off & the way he blocks for Manning, the type of pass catching RB he is & the authority with which he runs the ball, hell the gets up off the ground after the run. The dude has serious determination. I don't know about Reggie Bush type money?

Sign Moreno to a Two year deal
                              Sign Decker to a three to four year deal
                              Keep Woody for cheap or let him walk

Either which way on Woody I hope we draft a MLB.

Comment

Working...
                              X