Moreno/Decker Free agents after season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    What did Decker say that makes you think he will be gone? LINK?
    No link but ERoyal mentioned that in a radio interview decker was asked about being considered a #2 receiver and his response was:

On this team yes because DT is top five.

That says to me that he wants to be paid like a #1 and I doubt the broncos make that a reality.

Comment

What did Decker say that makes you think he will be gone? LINK?
      http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=737&f=2251983

Go to DenverBroncos, and it should be under 12/26, Decker show.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        yep. I can't blame him. Every football player wants to be the best and #1. If he didn't want to be, he isn't the player I think he is.

I don't think he necessarily wants to move to another team, but I think he believes he is one of the top WR in the league and wants to be paid like it.
        I dont disagree, but it depends how much you think #1 money is.

9-10 million?

Comment

• Originally posted by snewguy View Post
          Yip... McGahee, Hillman.... Moreno isn`t the best around, but he`s a solid reliable back and has played hard... everyone else has fumbalitis... Ball is still suspect with this.... Decker is good but dropped a lot of passes this year... how was he with Orton... Peyton can make Jacob Tamme look like an all star... made Austin Collie, Brandon Stokley look great and they can`t even beat the rookies the Pats have now... Broncs have cap issues, Elway will only pay so much... they need D help, thats where u spend the money..
          Moreno had fumbalitis his first couple of years, Welker has dropped more catches, Tamme is inconsistent, Brandon Stokley is retiring after 15 years in the NFL, cap issues are yet to be determined.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            I dont disagree, but it depends how much you think #1 money is.

9-10 million?
            I hope that Decker is more concerned with winning!
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
              You can't think like that until after you have made your money. In other words this is a business for these guys and they need to capitalize when they can and then once they have made their millions if they want to go to a contender then they will make that choice.

These guys have a limited time to make their life's income so they go where the money is best. Going to a winning team is after you make your millions.
              sigpic
              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

You can't think like that until after you have made your money. In other words this is a business for these guys and they need to capitalize when they can and then once they have made their millions if they want to go to a contender then they will make that choice.

These guys have a limited time to make their life's income so they go where the money is best. Going to a winning team is after you make your millions.
                I understand that but ... I hope that Decker is more concerned with winning!
                sigpic

Comment

I understand that but ... I hope that Decker is more concerned with winning!
                  It would be nice to get a home town discount from these players we brought up from the college ranks. It definitely helps have Manning on our side. Players do seem to want to come here and play.
                  sigpic

Comment

• if its Q4 and they have to run the ball, its going to Moreno until he needs a rest.. Moreno cleaned up his act, unlike Hillman.... Ball is still a rookie in development... Welker drops passes on suicide routes going over the middle... Decker doesn`t go in the middle.. TD pass 50 for example... point is,,, Peyton makes good or decent receivers great... a lot easier to replace a wide out than a slot receiver...

as for cap, we already know most salaries next year... there isn`t much room.... if its raised, it won`t be much... DJ Williams, McGahee - our best back last year, released for cheaper players to save money... take a look at how many half million dollar players .. NFL minimums.. are our free agent pickups etc...

Comment

• Anyone know what our dead money is like and are we getting any dead money back from like Doom, or DJ Williams, or Walton?
                      sigpic

Comment

Would be nice but hes gotta do whats best for him.

Hopefully they can sign him to a deal good for both sides.

If a team gave him a huge deal, then not much we can do about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          RB is one of the easiest positions in the NFL to find, Moreno while good is somewhat expendable to an extent.

Is he good, yes, worth top 5 RB money, absolutely not.

And tell me what weapons we have that replace Decker easily.

Welker whose had concussion problems and will be 33 next year, Tamme?

I said this in the same thread.

Decker to cheaper FA is a bigger downgrade over Moreno to Ball/Hillman/Anderson/FA or draft pick fairly easily.
                          What weapons do we have? DT, JT, Welker, etc. Even that is more than a lot of teams can say. I just think if Ball were to go down or get benched we become a one dimensional team, and that is never good.

Yes, RBs are easier to find, but I think they are more important that some think. We have to have a ground presence to keep defenses honest. PA only works with it. Another aspect is rookie RBs usually cant protect a QB, and with PFM that is essential.

But I still dont see how we cant afford both. Manning may restructure and Kuper and Bailey may be off the books. If we lose Tamme or Dreessen then we save even more.
                          Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• I really think I would rather lose one weapon on offense (Decker) which would save me $4M and add a weapon on defense. We have a decent amount of weapons on offense, but our D is bad. Why not use some money on D?

Also, Manning can make anyone look good, so Decker is that much more replaceable. I would love to keep him, but if it came down to him or Moreno, I go Moreno.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                              Also, Manning can make anyone look good, so Decker is that much more replaceable.
                              Then how about the broncos just trade all of their receiving threats for defensive players and sign a bunch of undrafted receivers that make the league minimum. SUPER BOWL!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                                Then how about the broncos just trade all of their receiving threats for defensive players and sign a bunch of undrafted receivers that make the league minimum. SUPER BOWL!!
                                A little extreme arent you?

Comment

Working...
                                X