No announcement yet.

Moreno/Decker Free agents after season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I do like Decker the Broncos need to also realize that DT is up for contract as well next year. So how much loot do they want to tie up in that position for the next half decade. Personally D. Thomas is a much bigger part of the teams WR future so that is something to keep in mind. As well as Julius, Von and Harris Jr. and DRC will need to be compensated if they choose to keep some if not all. Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
      I'm no Woody hater but I would rather see him walk to keep Decker & Knowshon. As a fan I guess I'm very attached to Moreno for where he has come from to where he is. The man has worked his tail off & the way he blocks for Manning, the type of pass catching RB he is & the authority with which he runs the ball, hell the gets up off the ground after the run. The dude has serious determination. I don't know about Reggie Bush type money?

Sign Moreno to a Two year deal
      Sign Decker to a three to four year deal
      Keep Woody for cheap or let him walk

Either which way on Woody I hope we draft a MLB.
      I agree on Moreno, im happy for him but i wouldnt break the bank on him.

Reggie Bush money was 4 years, 16 million, i posted i'd give him around 3 years, 10-12 million.

If Irving shows promise, i'd consider letting Woody go unless he'd sign real cheap.

I'd give Decker longer than that, he's only 26, so he'll be in his prime years, a 5-year deal would be ideal.

Comment

I'm no Woody hater but I would rather see him walk to keep Decker & Knowshon.

Sign Moreno to a Two year deal
        Sign Decker to a three to four year deal
        Keep Woody for cheap or let him walk

Either which way on Woody I hope we draft a MLB.
        IMO woody is as good as gone. They really messed up his career in denver by playing musical chairs with the linebackers. I'm not blaming the coaches though because it was in the best interest of the team. Trevathan took his spot and isn't giving it back. I highly doubt wesley would sign a contract to become a backup. It would be in wesley's best interest to go play somewhere else and regain his form from last year at weakside linebacker where he belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          I agree on Moreno, im happy for him but i wouldnt break the bank on him.

Reggie Bush money was 4 years, 16 million, i posted i'd give him around 3 years, 10-12 million.

If Irving shows promise, i'd consider letting Woody go unless he'd sign real cheap.

I'd give Decker longer than that, he's only 26, so he'll be in his prime years, a 5-year deal would be ideal.
          I agree, but the guy above made a good point, under no circumstances do I want to lose DT. While it's impossible for me to pick between Decker & Moreno, it's rather easy for me to pick DT over Decker or Moreno. I was looking at stats & DT is right up there in yards, catches, TD's & he is doing this in a offense that spreads the ball around in droves.

Comment

Well, they will draft BPA. Usually only the teams with the worst records get the pick of where talent and position intersect.

Denver will be picking late and can't be...er...picky. Don't draft a MLB just because you need one if a much better player at another position is sitting there. Or trade out of the pick if you can get value.

Which reminds me: I need to start making my Draft threads again.

Anyway, I think the Moreno for 2 years is a good route. 5 years on Decker (if he doesn't ask for too much) ensures his best years will be in one place.

Comment

I agree, but the guy above made a good point, under no circumstances do I want to lose DT. While it's impossible for me to pick between Decker & Moreno, it's rather easy for me to pick DT over Decker or Moreno. I was looking at stats & DT is right up there in yards, catches, TD's & he is doing this in a offense that spreads the ball around in droves.
              As is Decker.

Also, aside from DT and Von depending how he recovers, none of the above are going to command top-dollar money, and the cap is supposed to go up.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                Well, they will draft BPA. Usually only the teams with the worst records get the pick of where talent and position intersect.

Denver will be picking late and can't be...er...picky. Don't draft a MLB just because you need one if a much better player at another position is sitting there. Or trade out of the pick if you can get value.

Which reminds me: I need to start making my Draft threads again.

Anyway, I think the Moreno for 2 years is a good route. 5 years on Decker (if he doesn't ask for too much) ensures his best years will be in one place.
                I dont remember your draft threads.

I havent paid much attention to it this year.

But i will say pass-rusher is our biggest need without question, getting Quantarus and McCray are younger options should help a little.

Especially with Von maybe not being ready by Week 1.

The rest probably depends what FA's we can keep and whatnot.

Comment

Keep both. I'm so tired of the way the NFL is now a revolving door. I can understand when it's a player that has an overinflated value. But in the case of both these players, their market value should be in a manageable area. It should be quite easy to keep Moreno a Bronco for another 3-4 years without any major cap hit. He's become a reliable vet that can get the job done. And he's not selfish and has proven to be a team player. You keep guys like that around for the long haul. Veteran leadership doesn't grown on trees.

As for Deck, you can't split up "Black & Decker"!!! Besides, the Cruz deal is a great format for where deck should be. From a breakdown of that deal, it shouldn't be too difficult to make something in that range work.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l_pay_out.html
                  #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                    IMO woody is as good as gone. They really messed up his career in denver by playing musical chairs with the linebackers. I'm not blaming the coaches though because it was in the best interest of the team. Trevathan took his spot and isn't giving it back. I highly doubt wesley would sign a contract to become a backup. It would be in wesley's best interest to go play somewhere else and regain his form from last year at weak side linebacker where he belongs.
                    Some linebackers have no problem moving around some do. I don't think Cincinnati started Burfict out at the MLB position but he is now & he excelled where ever they had him. If you go by the numbers he could be the best MLB in the game. I hope we pick up a DE in round one & the a MLB in round two, assuming we keep the Oline intact. I kind of hope Denver is in a position to draft all defensive players but I doubt it.

Comment

As is Decker.

Also, aside from DT and Von depending how he recovers, none of the above are going to command top-dollar money, and the cap is supposed to go up.
                      Dude I really didn't realize why kind of cap drama we could run into until you started pointing it out. Logic tells me Cleveland (example) is gonna offer Decker a boat load of cash & he will bolt. But I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

McCray
                        This ^^^ dude impressed the hell out of me in the Pre Season.....

Comment

The NFL is a revolving door because the moment a player looks good, he has market value. The salary cap limits keeping lots of the same players around, hence the reason there are virtually never dynasties anymore. It works because the NFL is watched in every single market, unlike other sports which have become mostly regional.

Seattle won't stay this good for long, for example. A lot of their impact players make less than $2 million a year under rookie/PS/UDFA contracts, but will soon start demanding the big bucks. Do you really think Russell Wilson will stay on for $350K a year? That's how a franchise eventually loses quality depth and the injuries have a much bigger impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                            The NFL is a revolving door because the moment a player looks good, he has market value. The salary cap limits keeping lots of the same players around, hence the reason there are virtually never dynasties anymore. It works because the NFL is watched in every single market, unlike other sports which have become mostly regional.

Seattle won't stay this good for long, for example. A lot of their impact players make less than $2 million a year under rookie/PS/UDFA contracts, but will soon start demanding the big bucks. Do you really think Russell Wilson will stay on for $350K a year? That's how a franchise eventually loses quality depth and the injuries have a much bigger impact.
                            Was literally about to say the same thing about Seattle.

Sherman and Wilson combine to make like 1 million dollars combined, thats pretty crazy.

SF faces the same thing with Kap as well.

Both are due huge paydays along with many others on that team.

While other players are paid big money.

Comment

Dude I really didn't realize why kind of cap drama we could run into until you started pointing it out. Logic tells me Cleveland (example) is gonna offer Decker a boat load of cash & he will bolt. But I hope I'm wrong.
                              Every team faces this problem.

We will cross this bridge when we get there though, obviously we'll lose some key players, thats the nature of the beast thats the cap. Every team is up against it.

Seattle has multiple guys due HUGE paydays, mainly from their QB which hurts how you build your team. Flacco's contract is only going to get more expensive and Bal wont have as many top players around him like they did when he was on his rookie deal.

I can keep going.

Comment

This ^^^ dude impressed the hell out of me in the Pre Season.....
                                Sure did, hopefully he makes the team next year provided health obviously.

Comment

Working...
                                X