Moreno/Decker Free agents after season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Boy, I just would love to see Moreno get a contract given how hard he's worked to be where he is, how much Manning trusts him and how reliable he is.

It's almost embarrassing the riches we have on offense though.
    I agree

There are other things I have doubted about Moreno but his heart and work ethic have never been an issue to me

In another thread someone said Moreno has a 5 mil option and if this is true it is probably what we do...tho I too think he has earned more security then a one year deal I feel his injuries have made it hard for the front office to justify it. If I was Moreno and this happened I would hold out for more security because he may never again have this much leverage

We will have the same problem at the end of the year all good teams eventually experience .... Too many good players and not enough cap space.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by snewguy View Post
      both guys are replaceable.... ask McGahee who was the 'go to ' back last year... Moreno has the confidence of Peyton in the clutch... Ball, not yet.. Decker is good, not great.. you can always get Tamme's to replace the Welkers and Caldwells to replace the Deckers and not lose that much... cuz Peyton is throwing... cap it tight, keep'em if the price is right....
      .and what happens in 1-2 years when Manning retires?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
        A Terrell Davis year?!?!? HA. You mean with massive 15 carries a game Moreno is lucky to get! Are you forgetting that Moreno did something this year that even Terrell Davis didn't do, 1000 yards rushing and 500 receiving with double digit touchdowns! Moreno has worked and worked and has turned his weaknesses into strengths and deserves to be back with the team.

Moreno had one game this year where we put it on his shoulders and he didn't disappoint with huge 200+ Yard game against the pats.
        This^^^^.

People still doubting Knowshon haven't been watching him.

Comment

I would def keep Moreno, the dude stands up 300+ linemen at the point of blocking, meaning they just don't truck over Moreno and sack Manning... Decker is a good receiver when his head is in the game... But good receivers are plentiful both in free agent and the draft - I am hoping we can keep both.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            By that time I suspect we will be a more power running team
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

im betting they'll keep Moreno n decker will leave + we a lot other FA's to decide on to esp. on defense..

Comment

Originally posted by Giddy'up View Post
                I would def keep Moreno, the dude stands up 300+ linemen at the point of blocking, meaning they just don't truck over Moreno and sack Manning... Decker is a good receiver when his head is in the game... But good receivers are plentiful both in free agent and the draft - I am hoping we can keep both.
                I would say good running backs grow on trees. The broncos have a good one right behind Moreno. You can find one anywhere in the draft. 1000+Yrd/10+TD Receivers not so much.
                Last edited by Justblaze2729; 12-27-2013, 07:17 AM.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken I think we can pick up an option year for Moreno next season, which I think we'll do, he's really come a long way and been really consistent for us.

Decker is an interesting situation. I think if we sign him it would be in the range of 4-5 years at 7-8 mil per year. Even that might be a tight fit, but we also have to remember that Manning's contract will be coming off the books in a few years, (or earlier if he retires before the contract is up). If another team decides to give him number 1 receiver money I don't see how we can match it and he'll probably leave.
                  A book I wrote

Comment

I said I would like to keep em both, I really hope we do at the right price, I would like the Broncos to be able to focus mainly on the defensive side of the ball in the draft. I also see nothing wrong with asking players to restructure contracts to allow the Broncos a little wiggle room.

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                      I would say good running backs grow on trees. The broncos have a good one right behind Moreno. You can find one anywhere in the draft. 1000+Yrd/10+TD Receivers not so much.
                      Is decker really as good as his stats? Remember, Peyton manning has made garbage receivers like Blair white and Austin collie look good and 1000 yard receivers have pretty much grown on trees with manning and this upcoming draft is deep deep deep with WR

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                        I said I would like to keep em both, I really hope we do at the right price, I would like the Broncos to be able to focus mainly on the defensive side of the ball in the draft. I also see nothing wrong with asking players to restructure contracts to allow the Broncos a little wiggle room.
                        we also may need a Guard to b/c beadles is a FA...but I agree we need help at every level on defense due to age n FA...

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                          Is decker really as good as his stats? Remember, Peyton manning has made garbage receivers like Blair white and Austin collie look good and 1000 yard receivers have pretty much grown on trees with manning and this upcoming draft is deep deep deep with WR
                          Yes, I believe he is. The only year in and year out 1000 yard receivers manning has played with are Reggie & Harrison and now Thomas & Decker so I would disagree on that aspect. If manning really could make any garbage receiver look good then what's the point of having receivers that make anything more than the league minimum? Just sign a bunch of undrafted receivers and use that money elsewhere.

Comment

well I disrespectfully disagree. I've been able to see every Broncos game this season short of the Jaguars game. Other than the Pats game, where we gave him a ton of carries, I haven't been impressed. He doesn't break it out for long runs (where RBs with more speed would've been able to). I think with the same amount of carries Moreno has had, a faster RB would've managed double the yards with a box not stacked against him.

When I see Ball in the game, he seems to get more yards, runs harder and is more difficult to take down. I would like to see what he can do starting a whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                              Yes, I believe he is. The only year in and year out 1000 yard receivers manning has played with are Reggie & Harrison and now Thomas & Decker so I would disagree on that aspect. If manning really could make any garbage receiver look good then what's the point of having receivers that make anything more than the league minimum? Just sign a bunch of undrafted receivers and use that money elsewhere.
                              You have to think about the cap and the fact that there are just as important if not more important players coming up on their contracts. Are you willing to pay decker but not in the long run pay DT or Julius? I'm not. What about Harris, Franklin or Moore? This is a talented team and there are key pieces at less talented positions that will need to be signed over decker. This is all if he is not willing to take a small contract of course.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                                Deanthony Thomas.
                                Denver Broncos GM
                                Originally posted by Mosk
                                Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Working...
                                X