No announcement yet.

Moreno/Decker Free agents after season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decker will depend on the price as this years draft is deep on the WR position. Moreno is a valuable back but a lot depends on Ball's progress in pass protection. Bottom line is it is all about value for the price, if Manning continues to play then I would give each a 3 year contract. On the field chemistry can trump saving a few dollars, and each have developed a good relationship with Manning
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Saucy View Post
      well I disrespectfully disagree. I've been able to see every Broncos game this season short of the Jaguars game. Other than the Pats game, where we gave him a ton of carries, I haven't been impressed. He doesn't break it out for long runs (where RBs with more speed would've been able to). I think with the same amount of carries Moreno has had, a faster RB would've managed double the yards with a box not stacked against him.

When I see Ball in the game, he seems to get more yards, runs harder and is more difficult to take down. I would like to see what he can do starting a whole game.
      I don't know you but when your only complaint about Moreno is his speed you sound like heavy madden guy. There is more to the running back position then just speed and that's what Moreno has. He runs with balance, power and vision and I will take that with his receiving ability over any speed back. You talk like you want a Chris Johnson type back and you can have him. I'll take the much better runningback in Moreno
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
        If the team is that important to decker then he should have no problem taking a good paycut to stay with the team. He doesn't need the money anyways, his wife makes 3 times as much as him and so he should take a small contract
        I have no doubt he loves being in Denver, whether he takes a little less to stay is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
          This^^^^.

People still doubting Knowshon haven't been watching him.
          Not doubting Knowshon but if it came down to Decker or Moreno, who do you take?

I already said in this thread, the downgrade from Moreno to Ball/Hillman/Anderson/FA or draft pick to Decker to ???? is easier. Decker is more important than him imo.

I love Moreno, im happy as hell for him but RB's are dime a dozen, hes a great back but you can only pay so many key players. All good teams have this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
            we also may need a Guard to b/c beadles is a FA...but I agree we need help at every level on defense due to age n FA...
            Not every level but im hoping its a defensive draft.

If Irving shows up, i think we're fine at LB next year depending how Von recovers.

Comment

You have to think about the cap and the fact that there are just as important if not more important players coming up on their contracts. Are you willing to pay decker but not in the long run pay DT or Julius? I'm not. What about Harris, Franklin or Moore? This is a talented team and there are key pieces at less talented positions that will need to be signed over decker. This is all if he is not willing to take a small contract of course.
              1- Cap is supposed to go up.

2- Outside of Von/DT provided Von recovers right, none of the others are going to command HUGE money.

3- Plenty of money off the books in a few years to keep them.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                Not doubting Knowshon but if it came down to Decker or Moreno, who do you take?

I already said in this thread, the downgrade from Moreno to Ball/Hillman/Anderson/FA or draft pick to Decker to ???? is easier. Decker is more important than him imo.

I love Moreno, im happy as hell for him but RB's are dime a dozen, hes a great back but you can only pay so many key players. All good teams have this problem.
                That's the thing I'm neutral on this one, just defending Knowshon. I would defend Decker the same way. I've said if we can keep them both at the right price then we should.

Comment

Is decker really as good as his stats? Remember, Peyton manning has made garbage receivers like Blair white and Austin collie look good and 1000 yard receivers have pretty much grown on trees with manning and this upcoming draft is deep deep deep with WR
                  Is DT. Is JT. Is Moreno? The same can be said for any of the offensive players these past 2 seasons.
                  sigpic

Comment

You have to think about the cap and the fact that there are just as important if not more important players coming up on their contracts. Are you willing to pay decker but not in the long run pay DT or Julius? I'm not. What about Harris, Franklin or Moore? This is a talented team and there are key pieces at less talented positions that will need to be signed over decker. This is all if he is not willing to take a small contract of course.
                    Just because I want decker re-signed doesn't mean he's top priority. He and knowshon just happened to be who the thread is about. The only must sign players on the team I see are DT, Von, JT, DRC and Franklin. Anybody else should be looked at with consideration of how much those 5 guys will need to be paid.
                    Last edited by Justblaze2729; 12-27-2013, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      Is DT. Is JT. Is Moreno? The same can be said for any of the offensive players these past 2 seasons.
                      It shouldn't be the case, I could argue that DT, Decker or Julius would put up bigger numbers in a offense where the wealth isn't shared as much. The fact that we have so many weapons & the fact that these guys all have big numbers in a offense they are all in together, shows how great they all are. That's why I hope Elway & company do what they can to keep it intact. Then we can focus on defense in the draft.

Comment

It shouldn't be the case, I could argue that DT, Decker or Julius would put up bigger numbers in a offense where the wealth isn't shared as much. The fact that we have so many weapons & the fact that these guys all have big numbers in a offense they are all in together, shows how great they all are. That's why I hope Elway & company do what they can to keep it intact. Then we can focus on defense in the draft.
                        I agree. was just trying to show the argument that Decker wasn't as good as his stats is invalid unless it is applied to everyone.
                        sigpic

Comment

Agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            Not every level but im hoping its a defensive draft.

If Irving shows up, i think we're fine at LB next year depending how Von recovers.
                            lets hope Vons recovery goes well n loses weight to...w/ woody being a FA n seeing his playing time dwindled he may not be back along w/ lenon being a FA to...

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
                              lets hope Vons recovery goes well n loses weight to...w/ woody being a FA n seeing his playing time dwindled he may not be back along w/ lenon being a FA to...
                              ACL surgery isnt what it once was but its a something to worry about.

Lenon can be replaced in-house by McCray who probably makes the team if not for injury.

Woody is a tough one, we'll cross that bridge when the time arises.

Comment

yep I agree n also in FA can add depth at wr or resign Caldwell...Elway has some tough decisions to make this offseason n next b/c in 2 years even more key FA's we will have...

Comment

Working...
                                X