Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    1- Cap is supposed to go up.

2- Outside of Von/DT provided Von recovers right, none of the others are going to command HUGE money.

3- Plenty of money off the books in a few years to keep them.

What could also work very well is if Peyton plays for two more years after this then Brock is still a bit of an unknown so two years from now when brocks contract is due say we resign him to four years for say 3 million per year and he produces like say russell wilson then we can really do well with our cap as all the big money could be spent elsewhere on our stud type players.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how the Broncos front office prioritizes these players. We all have our opinions but theirs are the ones that count.

IMO Moreno will not get re-signed. His salary option is too much for his role on the team. Topic came up a few weeks ago and Moreno will get almost $7M for next year. Putting him in the 6th - 8th highest paid RBs in the league. Do not see that happening. Despite his leadership, hard work and solid year, he is just not worth that. Then Broncos would need to negotiate a new contract, if that is even possible under CBA rules. Ball competing with a FA like Tate or Gerhart is more likely.

Decker will most likely get offered significantly more from other teams. He will need to make a decision if he will take less to stay. Getting gaudy numbers with Manning will be attractive, but in reality how many more years will Manning be around. How attractive is Denver with Osweiller leading the team? Decker will be in line for multiple years and big bucks. It will be tough for the Broncos to keep him.

Would be thrilled to see both Decker and Moreno return (along with most of the other FAs) just do not see them able to do so. Although the one elephant in the room is the cap space the Broncos get by Champ retiring or getting cut.

Comment

It is too early to be guessing at this now. The end result will come down to what alternative players are available, what the players want, whether or not the team wins the Superbowl, and whether or not Manning sticks around another year.

None of that is apparent now so guessing is kind of silly.
        sigpic

Comment

I feel that if Manning is able to play the full five years, he will. Having said that the team will most likely keep as many weapons around him as possible at the expense of the defense. Unless Decker or Moreno get ridiculous money elsewhere, they will both be back. If we had to let one go, I say its Moreno because we have in house replacements for him. Just my take.
          res ipsa loquitur

Comment

1- Cap is supposed to go up.

2- Outside of Von/DT provided Von recovers right, none of the others are going to command HUGE money.

3- Plenty of money off the books in a few years to keep them.
            Ya the cap is supposed to go up a couple mill. Not that big of a difference. I don't get how these guys won't command good money, Moore, Franklin, JT and Harris are all top 10 players at their positions. You can't exactly pay them league minimum.
            Last edited by crash123go; 12-27-2013, 12:32 PM.
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
              Ya the cap is supposed to go up a couple mill. Not that big of a difference. I don't get how these guys won't command good money, Moore, Franklin and Harris are all top 10 players at their positions. You can't exactly pay them league minimum.
              Never said league minimum lol.

Outside of Von/DT, none of them are going to command 10+ million is what im saying but they will cost a good chunk of change though.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                It will be interesting to see how the Broncos front office prioritizes these players. We all have our opinions but theirs are the ones that count.

IMO Moreno will not get re-signed. His salary option is too much for his role on the team. Topic came up a few weeks ago and Moreno will get almost $7M for next year. Putting him in the 6th - 8th highest paid RBs in the league. Do not see that happening. Despite his leadership, hard work and solid year, he is just not worth that. Then Broncos would need to negotiate a new contract, if that is even possible under CBA rules. Ball competing with a FA like Tate or Gerhart is more likely.

Decker will most likely get offered significantly more from other teams. He will need to make a decision if he will take less to stay. Getting gaudy numbers with Manning will be attractive, but in reality how many more years will Manning be around. How attractive is Denver with Osweiller leading the team? Decker will be in line for multiple years and big bucks. It will be tough for the Broncos to keep him.

Would be thrilled to see both Decker and Moreno return (along with most of the other FAs) just do not see them able to do so. Although the one elephant in the room is the cap space the Broncos get by Champ retiring or getting cut.
                I want nothing to do with Tate. He is worse then beanie wells when it comes to injuries. You'd rather pay a bum like Tate who can't make 8 games as a backup over a guy who has bled with the team and is a top 10 player at his position?

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Tate cant stay healthy.

If anything, they'd just go with Ball, Hillman, Anderson and another draft pick.

We save around 10-11 million by cutting Champ, thats a lot.

Comment

Tate cant stay healthy.

If anything, they'd just go with Ball, Hillman, Anderson and another draft pick.

We save around 10-11 million by cutting Champ, thats a lot.
                    I see champ coming back on a heavily restructured contract and I do hope they bring decker back but on a modest contract. We have some big superstars to pay for and we can't cash strap the cap with a luxury piece like decker.

Comment

As long as Manning is the QB decker is more valuable then Moreno. It's easier to find a runner then a WR and the all the passes he has caught in games training camps etc are very valuable as they both are on same page for different situations

Comment

Is decker really as good as his stats? Remember, Peyton manning has made garbage receivers like Blair white and Austin collie look good and 1000 yard receivers have pretty much grown on trees with manning and this upcoming draft is deep deep deep with WR
                        Yes. He is. I don't get why people seem to think Decker is easily replaceable. He was the entire offense in college and a 3rd round pick. The man has talent. Look no further than his 8td season with Tebow. The receivers you mentioned in your post are not 6 foot 3 nor have they come close to matching Decks production.
                        sigpic

Comment

Moreno is getting between 3-4M this year, he has a cap hit of about 3.28M this year ... I think he is worth around 4M ; Reggie Bush is getting around 4M, Steven Jackson is getting about 4M next year, Fred Jackson/CJ Spiller are getting around 4M, Ryan Mathews scheduled to get 3.1M, considering these salaries Moreno getting 4 per year is logical and that is only an increase of about $700,000 on the cap next year, should be doable.

Decker is about a 1.5M cap hit this year, so that makes his salary tougher to absorb. I think Decker is a valuable piece to the offense too. Jordy Nelson is getting 3.875 in 2014, but Victor Cruz is scheduled to get over 7M, Dwayne Bowe got 4M this year and is scheduled to get 12M next year WOW... guess who is getting cut before next season, Pierre Garcon is getting 8.1M is scheduled to get 9.7M, Miles Austin is getting about 3.5M but is scheduled to get over 8M next year. It looks like Decker will be able to command at least 6+M or more per year and it looks like there are going to be a few WR getting cut this off-season because they are too expensive. I think maybe Garcon is a comparable WR and he will be getting almost 10M. I hope the Broncos try to re-sign Decker but they can't do more than about 6M per year on the cap hit, I think there will be some teams that will dump their WR's and try to take Decker instead, considering what his price might be.
                          sigpic

Comment

I love this whole idea about how it's so easy to find a RB in the draft. At this point it looks like wr are much easier to find in the draft then a RB. Miami has tried this concept and have, at this point, missed on both Lamar miller and Daniel Thomas. At least they haven't lived up to expectations. Trent Richardson-bust, David Wilson-bust, Isaiah pead-bust and up until this year Donald brown and Ryan Matthews were on that list but at the same time wr has been gold. DT, Bryant, AJ green, Cordell Patterson, nuke Hopkins, percy harvin all studs. It actually looks like in this age of vertical football that wr is easier to find then a good RB.

Comment

I love this whole idea about how it's so easy to find a RB in the draft. At this point it looks like wr are much easier to find in the draft then a RB. Miami has tried this concept and have, at this point, missed on both Lamar miller and Daniel Thomas. At least they haven't lived up to expectations. Trent Richardson-bust, David Wilson-bust, Isaiah pead-bust and up until this year Donald brown and Ryan Matthews were on that list but at the same time wr has been gold. DT, Bryant, AJ green, Cordell Patterson, nuke Hopkins, percy harvin all studs. It actually looks like in this age of vertical football that wr is easier to find then a good RB.
                              I think you can find RB's in later rounds that can be good to great RB's... Alfred Morris, Zac Stacy come to mind, not to mention Arian Foster, of course picking them late and coming through is not necessarily easy. Of the higher draft picks the WR's have come through more consistently than the RB's lately. 2014 draft I don't think has that great of prospects at WR... Mike Evans is possibly rated #2, I think he has benefitted from Johnny football and isn't going to be that great at the NFL level, IMO. Sammy Watkins is probably good but from there? Marqise Lee? OK. I like Kelvin Benjamin but the Broncos aren't spending a 2nd rounder or higher on a WR, Brandon Cooks looks good, but at 5'10"?? Allen Robinson Penn St might be alright, I don't think it is that deep.
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't think that is very accurate. 2013 draft:

RB

Zac Stacy
                                Andre Ellington
                                Montee Ball
                                Leveon Bell
                                Giovani Bernard

These 5 all had significant contributions to their team as rookies and will very likely be the starters for their teams next season. Christine Michael, Knile Davis, Mike James, and Marcus lattimore all have potential to do well in the future to add to that list. That's 9 out of the 23 RB drafted doing well or with potential so far.

None of these rb were taken in round 1.

For WR 28 were drafted and none are what I would call a "stud" yet, maybe Keenan Allen. Hopkins, Patterson, Allen, Terrence Williams, Woods, Hunter, Stills have all shown to be good players with big upsides but 3 of them were taken in round 1.
                                Last edited by broncos SB2010; 12-27-2013, 01:45 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X