Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your unofficial superficial predictions thread!: Week 16, the Oakland BEATDOWN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notmyname View Post
    Obviously the divisional and conference games are more important but I wonder what the record looks like vs playtoff teams dating back to last year wo the use of divisional opponents

Understandably I realize no other teams went from the AFC West last year and I know the Broncos lost to the Texans,Falcons,Pats and Ravens if you include playoffs ..
    If I understand what you are getting at...

vs. last years playoff teams not in the AFC West

Week 1: Ravens 27 Broncos 49
    Week 7: Broncos 33 Colts 39
    Week 4: Eagles 20 Broncos 52* Eagles made it in 2013 but not 2012
    Week 8: Redskins 21 Broncos 45
    Week 12: Broncos 31 Patriots 34
    Week 16: Broncos 37 Titans 13

We shredded the teams who made it last year but didn't this year (Ravens, Skins, Titans, 3-0, 131 points for -61 against) for what that's worth.
    "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

All in all, it really feels like this year's success depends much more on us & how we play up to our strengths and keep those silly mistakes from rearing their heads.

It seems like if we play our A game vs. any other teams A game, we will win.

Very subjective & very biased, but it really appears to be ours for the taking this year.
      "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by southern cross View Post
        I think you're right. The margin of loss is razor thin in those games. If they can correct a few penalties and mental errors, they should be good. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.
        Yep, if I am right, the closest game the Broncos won is the 35-28 Chiefs game. Everything else has been more than 7 pts, right?

The defense is just due to start making field position flipping plays at some point, might as well be in the playoffs with turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Trench777 View Post
          All in all, it really feels like this year's success depends much more on us & how we play up to our strengths and keep those silly mistakes from rearing their heads.

It seems like if we play our A game vs. any other teams A game, we will win.

Very subjective & very biased, but it really appears to be ours for the taking this year.
          this thread made me think about something we're all aware of to some extent and that is Super Bowl or Bust..

Comment

You know, that loss to SD makes me think about the Ravens games last year---how we beat them so soundly, but lost to them in the playoffs. Almost mirrors those SD games a little....

Comment

I've seen a lot a post about how the defense needs to play to win

If the offense can keep from turning the ball over and the defense can minimze points off turnovers 3 instead of 7.. I think that is the key to victory in the playoffs..yeah I know real genius

Comment

Working...
              X