Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning New All Time Yardage Leader In A Season!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    It was an easily attainable record, but leaving PM in would have unnecessarily run the score up on the Raiders in their home stadium. Putting Oz and others in during the second half was classy and got some much needed game snaps for backups.

Definitely agree. With all the talent on this team besides at QB, it would be nice to get Os enough game-confidence to the point where, if the unspeakable were to happen and Peyton did go down, we wouldn't automatically throw in the towel and say we're doomed.

(And I swear, I hope I did not just jinx us!)

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    It was an easily attainable record, but leaving PM in would have unnecessarily run the score up on the Raiders in their home stadium. Putting Oz and others in during the second half was classy and got some much needed game snaps for backups.

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Apparently that's not a record they cared to leave Manning in for. He would've gotten it.

Thanks, everyone! ...And I agree, DenverBlood. Leaving Peyton's ankles exposed for 30 more minutes in an already-won ballgame would've been foolish to risk our Super Bowl hopes on. Bummed we didn't get the record, but you're right - that's one of those that you just say "If it happens, it happens."

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
    I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but we were close to the total offensive yards for a season held by New Orleans in 2011 - Most Yards Gained, Season, 7,474

We had 7317 yards (both pass and run)

close!
    Apparently that's not a record they cared to leave Manning in for. He would've gotten it.

Leave a comment:

• johntbronco
    replied
    I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but we were close to the total offensive yards for a season held by New Orleans in 2011 - Most Yards Gained, Season, 7,474

We had 7317 yards (both pass and run)

close!

Leave a comment:

• snewguy
    replied
    i recall they needed about 630 yards of total offense to break the record... so a bit short...

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Yup, don't they always?
    Story of his career. I think it's a case of being harder on a guy because the level of his greatness is obvious. Sort of how a conductor may be harder on his/her lead trumpet player than the others.

In hindsight, people will remember him as the greatest.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
    I love how the media is looking for any way to minimize Manning's monumental accomplishments this season.
    Yup, don't they always?

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    I love how the media is looking for any way to minimize Manning's monumental accomplishments this season.

Leave a comment:

• Nuts4koi
    replied
    Originally posted by martz11 View Post
    Well get nervous cause there is a play to Decker that looks like a lateral for a 7 yard gain. It's going around on twitter.
    I've watched that play four times. It definitely was a forward pass. People are just being whiny.

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Total offensive yards in a season

Going into Week 17's game against the Raiders we were hot on the heels of the #2 team (2011 Saints, IIRC?). And I know a lot of records did fall yesterday. Does anyone know how we finished in that regard?

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    OMG, you should hear what they are saying up here in the Boston sports media. They are appalled that it was obvious that the Broncos were running up the score and having Manning throw the ball rather than run it when we got into the EZ solely to get Manning the records and that we need to "be called out" on it. What the hell do we need to be called out on?

It's not like we kept Manning in the 2nd half. If we wanted to run up the score, we certainly could have done that.

Are you freaking kidding me. The sports media in Boston is calling out the Broncos for running up a score????? Really???? Like BB and the Pats don't do this???

They said when the Patriots were going for records they were doing in the context of playing for something (undefeated season) and it was meaningful, while us going for the record was just padding for stats. Ugh, what a bunch of hypocrites.

Leave a comment:

• JesseH
    replied
    And if ESPN was your only source for NFL news, I wouldn't know have anything about it with all these coach firings, and they don't seem to ever shut up about the Dallas Cowboys. They should just rename "First Take" to "The Dallas Cowboy's Show with Skip Bayless, featuring The NFC East & Stephen A. Smith."

Leave a comment:

• Mel B.
    replied
    Originally posted by Rice Eater View Post
    I only wished he would have played one series in the 2nd half to extend the yardage record beyond 5500 yards and possibly throw a 56th TD pass. But it's a great accomplishment either way. I love the fact that he broke both the yardage and TD record in the same season. That hasn't been done since Mario did it nearly 30 years ago.

I felt the same way seeing him on the bench to start the second half!

But congrats no less!!!

Leave a comment:

• martz11
    replied
    Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
    I'm a little nervous that they will adjust a stat and take it away
    Well get nervous cause there is a play to Decker that looks like a lateral for a 7 yard gain. It's going around on twitter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X