Opinions on OS #17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    Well, from the game log, the Raiders only had 3 sacks total and Manning was sacked once. SO by that he was only sacked twice, which isn't "a lot of sacks". Now were there more sacks that the official stat line didn't count? Because I was on the road and only watched small blocks of the 3rd and 4th quarters.
    It seemed like a lot because he was scrambling all the time.
    So cal Water Polo player Broncos fan

In his first start T.J Yates has tied Tony Romo for playoff wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakemillar View Post
      It seems like a lot of emphasis on Brock's future as Denver's QB, both positively and negatively, are being placed solely upon this incredibly small portion of playing time and practice reps he's received thus far. I just don't get it.

Not that this is a comparison with Aaron Rodgers, but if any of you will recall the Green Bay-Dallas TNF game late in the 2007 season. Rodgers came in the 2nd half of that game and played eerily similar to how Os played yesterday. Not to compare skill sets, but to compare where they are/were as QBs. Both looked shaky in the pocket, lots of check downs, too quick to move from the pocket etc. And at that point, Rodgers had 3 full off seasons of preparation under Favre, whereas Brock has had 2. Their situations are/were quite similar in many ways. Just some food for thought.

All is not lost with Os by any means, it is way to early to tell, either way.
      don't say that...you will be labeled a HATER!!!
      sigpic

Comment

• It's to early to tell. IMO, all we can really go off of is how we felt about him coming out, because we having seen enough of him to make an accurate judgement. Most of the people that's positive about Brock, are banking on Elway and Manning to make a very good QB out of Brock. Most of the people that are negative or on the fence about Brock, only remember what we've seen from him in College.
        sigpic

Comment

• I give Brock a "B" for his assignment yesterday. No turnovers and he didn't blow it. Has he led a TD drive I would have given him an A. Remember he was drafted as an insurance policy in case Peyton really couldn't play. Hopefully we wont know for a few more years if he can really play at this level... and if he cant it would still be worth a 2nd round gamble.
          res ipsa loquitur

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            see...there we go again. If I don't say how good he is, I am just a hater and think he is a bust. have you read anything I wrote? I have said over and over and over that it is too early to tell how good he will be. I have said I have little faith he will develop into a very good QB but where have a said he is a bust and will never be any good? I didn't even say he was bad in yesterdays game. I believe I said he looked average.

Tell me, if you needed a QB to go out and be your franchise QB starting today, would Os be your 1st pick out of all the QBs drafted in the last 2 years? Would he even be in the top 5? Top 10?
            If you are not one of those that labeled him a bust I apologize for the comment however you did make your snippy comment to Crash who was also just saying that it was too early to make a judgment in the negative. One thing I would say in his favor is that he has had a lot more opportunity to show he is a bust and has failed to do so. In regards to the other QBs we could choose, of course you might want to choose other QBs out there but that is simply because they have shown more and are thus a lower risk at this point of failure.
            Last edited by Hawaii007; 12-30-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
              See the thing is he was given play calls that were going to allow him to try and make a few plays. He either elected to check it down every time or just hold the ball and take a sack. Yea the game plan was conservative, but it was an entire half of football. Gase and Fox knew there were going to call a few plays other than run up the middle. They did and Brock didn't do much with it. Including taking an awful sack that knocked us out of FG range. Im not expecting PFM out there, I was expecting at least a capable QB to make a few plays. I didn't see it. You can say PFM takes over practice, but Oz has gotten every wednesday with the 1s for the last two months. Also, from all accounts inside the organization is he is a long hard worker which is great. But eventually that work needs to translate into something.

The question as Bronco fans, do we wait till PFM retires then kick the tires on Oz? Or do we realize what we have now and proactively get someone that will allow us to stay a good team when PFM retires. Really thats up to the FO. Personally Im on the latter
              While I was both elated and disappointed in what I saw, It is hard to follow the positive mood of some with regards to Oz as a future top 10 starter. What I saw was mostly accurate good passes, and when I saw Orton play later for the Cowboys, it struck me where I had seen beautiful completed passes, good understanding of an offense and no production. It is just that Orton right now is a whole lot better, the last understudy Manning had was a joke in the season he started, and very few QB's drafted as late as Oz go on to be to be solid starters. Oz will get a chance because Elway is invested in him.

I find it difficult to see the perfection under Manning, because the Broncos that I have followed for 25+ years has always been teams that were teams that fought hard but did not always look pretty. John Elway, Jake Plummer and Tim Tebow played stretches of ugly football, but made it work. I will much rather have someone that wins anyway, anyhow than pretty passes and almost victories.

Watching Peyton is almost an out of body experience - it deos not seem real but it is beautiful

Comment

• Hey at least Brock lined up correctly under center.. Remember this guy didn't know the center from the guard.

sigpic
                The Bronco fan pledge;
                I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

• Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
                  Hey at least Brock lined up correctly under center.. Remember this guy didn't know the center from the guard.

I remember that guy took no name teams to 3 Superbowl's.

Brock couldn't take the first string to a TD against the RAIDERS... IJS...

Comment

• Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
                    I remember that guy took no name teams to 3 Superbowl's.

Brock couldn't take the first string to a TD against the RAIDERS... IJS...
                    And how did Elway do his first year?
                    Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• I have to agree with everyone that it's too early to judge either way. It seems there are two camps on this issue.

1. It's too early to tell, but I think he can be good.
                      2. It's too early to tell, but I think he's gonna suck.

I don't think anybody in their right mind can label him a HOFer or a bust at this point. I agree the likelihood is higher that he won't be great, but I think the likelihood is just as high that he can be good enough to win. Remains to be seen, though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X