Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There ANY Doubt This Year For MVP?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SM19
    There's no possible argument for Brady against Manning that isn't a better argument for Rivers against Brady.
    Well, and I still don't buy that Brady even did a whole lot. The first 6 games belong to the Patriots defense. Brady's own production and relevance to the success of that team rested entirely on the hands of Gronkowski this year. When Gronk wasn't there, he had games where they ran for 200+ yards. He's just surviving right now, and is not the MVP of that team this year; certainly not in the league.

Comment

There's no possible argument for Brady against Manning that isn't a better argument for Rivers against Brady.
      I just said don't be surprised if u hear the argument made. Not that I feel that way, heck I'm still mad Fox didn't get Coach of the Year in 2011. I mean I get what Harbaugh did in San Fran, but Fox won the division with Tebow!!!!!!!!! Something no other NFL coach will ever do, lol! That alone should almost write him a ticket to Canton. Any decent coach can rock out with a well stocked team and a decent QB (see Reid/Smith/ Chefs). But when u rock out and win with a guy many consider the worst QB ever, U da Man!!!!!!
      #swapping

Comment

I am going to go out on a limb and boldly say Manning has a better shot than Kyle Orton.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
          I am going to go out on a limb and boldly say Manning has a better shot than Kyle Orton.
          He may.

As a follow up to my previous comments about Brady: he did have a decent year, and when I say "surviving," it's to say that he's literally just trying to make it until he gets some weapons again, or makes these guys better.

I love how we heard during the pre-season that Brady would be fine without his weapons, and how he'd turn those weapons into Pro Bowl players. Then his numbers are way down, and we hear a pity story about how he doesn't have any weapons.

Comment

100% agreed.

I get you, although I can't agree on Fox. I think that, to the extent we ought to credit good coaching in that season, the credit ought to go to Mike McCoy, who put together an offense in which Tim Tebow could do the least possible damage. Mostly, though, we made the playoffs because of an extraordinary run of good luck, and I can't get behind giving anyone an award for that.
            You can't get behind a HC that took a 4-12 team, with a tough schedule btw, to winning the division and a playoff game all while doing it in a mind boggling fashion? Come on man! No way you can discredit Fox for the job he did in 2011. Putting your assistants in positions to do their best is what a HC does. McCoy is a HC in SD right now because of the opportunity Fox gave him to showcase his talent. Good/Great HC work isn't just measured by what the players do, but how well the team as a whole does, assistants and staff included. Call it luck or what ever u want to take away from what happened in 2011, but that was a complete coaching job that everybody bought into and made that thing work.

And every year teams make the playoffs due to luck. Look at SD and GB. Both were dead in the water by most people's estimation. But a lucky win here and there, a loss by another team........ So don't knock what happened because we didn't go in 13-3. We made the tourney and that's what it was. Something McD couldn't do (with many of the same players) and something Shanny struggled to do towards the end of his run with the great JC. Fox did it with Tebow, own that about our HC. That's something no other HC in the leauge would even dare to try. You see Rex would rather watch Sanchez butt fumble their season away than go with the kid last year. Rather than hate and act like it was a black eye on the franchise, embrace what that was. Because it ultimately led to Manning being here. And it set the stage for some of the best Bronco football since the 90's.

So in my opinion, Fox was robbed in 2011 for HCotY and Elway for Exec of the year. They got that locker room and the world to believe. Heck, I still believe.
            #swapping

Comment

Given how different the offense looked in the second half of yesterday's game with Peyton on the sideline, I think that should truly paint the picture of how undeniably valuable Peyton Manning is to this football team. Valuable really is an understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by ABQBronco25 View Post
                Given how different the offense looked in the second half of yesterday's game with Peyton on the sideline, I think that should truly paint the picture of how undeniably valuable Peyton Manning is to this football team. Valuable really is an understatement.
                I hear ya! Given how the Colts looked in 2011 when Manning missed the season, and especially when you compare that to how the Patriots looked when Brady missed the season (they went 11-5), I think Manning should retroactively be given the MVP award for every year the Colts had a winning record w/him.

Not really, but it's fun to talk about to illustrate how much he did for those Indy teams.

Comment

Originally posted by TennesseeWalker View Post
                  I hear ya! Given how the Colts looked in 2011 when Manning missed the season, and especially when you compare that to how the Patriots looked when Brady missed the season (they went 11-5), I think Manning should retroactively be given the MVP award for every year the Colts had a winning record w/him.

Not really, but it's fun to talk about to illustrate how much he did for those Indy teams.
                  Funny u said that. I remember listening to NFL radio and a caller made such a compelling case for Manning as MVP in 2011. I personally thought it was hilarious because they were obviously on a "suck4Luck" campaign. But it is an interesting thought.
                  #swapping

Comment

As for Peyton.......sometimes I truly believe that some of us have been spoiled to the point that nothing but one sided victories and a guaranteed SB will make us happy. I don't feel that way, but I do sense that from how folks have reacted over the last two seasons.

BUT we tend to forget......Peyton was quite injured when he came here, and not exactly a youngster! Since he arrived, we have gone 13 and 3 two straight seasons, he has broken a number of records (with the support of his team), he was MVP runner up and will "undoubtedly" win it this year, and the list goes on. Sure, we need to get that first playoff win from him, but it will come in two weeks.

So.......have we had it pretty good so far? I think so.

Comment

NFL MVP Projection: Peyton Manning broke a lot of NFL records :thumb:

"The final MVP Projection of the 2013 season is more of an MVP Coronation. That's mainly because there's no way Peyton Manning isn't going to win the award. Unless of course the NFL decides not to give out an MVP award this year, but that wouldn't actually change anything because the NFL doesn't hand out the MVP award, it's handed out by the Associated Press based on votes made by 50 sportswriters." ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ecords-in-2013

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                        You can't get behind a HC that took a 4-12 team, with a tough schedule btw, to winning the division and a playoff game all while doing it in a mind boggling fashion? Come on man! No way you can discredit Fox for the job he did in 2011. Putting your assistants in positions to do their best is what a HC does. McCoy is a HC in SD right now because of the opportunity Fox gave him to showcase his talent. Good/Great HC work isn't just measured by what the players do, but how well the team as a whole does, assistants and staff included. Call it luck or what ever u want to take away from what happened in 2011, but that was a complete coaching job that everybody bought into and made that thing work.

And every year teams make the playoffs due to luck. Look at SD and GB. Both were dead in the water by most people's estimation. But a lucky win here and there, a loss by another team........ So don't knock what happened because we didn't go in 13-3. We made the tourney and that's what it was. Something McD couldn't do (with many of the same players) and something Shanny struggled to do towards the end of his run with the great JC. Fox did it with Tebow, own that about our HC. That's something no other HC in the leauge would even dare to try. You see Rex would rather watch Sanchez butt fumble their season away than go with the kid last year. Rather than hate and act like it was a black eye on the franchise, embrace what that was. Because it ultimately led to Manning being here. And it set the stage for some of the best Bronco football since the 90's.

So in my opinion, Fox was robbed in 2011 for HCotY and Elway for Exec of the year. They got that locker room and the world to believe. Heck, I still believe.

8-8 and you think Fox should be COTY? (or was it 9-7). How valuable can you be at 8-8? I'm all for the Bronco's winning the SBowl (if the Colts don't), but John Fox is hardly a guru of NFL coaching. He **** the bed last year, let's hope he doesn't do it again this year.

As far as MVP, KC started out hot, but finished 2-5. Why? Because they played decent teams. AFC south and NFC east? Charles is a good back, top 5, but he's no MVP. Same with McCoy. Foles should be considered over McCoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                          How did this slide through?

Peyton should be the unanimous winner, by the way. There should literally be zero votes for anyone else.
                          I don't know I think the voters from KC will put down "opposing team's hurt starting QB's" as that was their season's MVP.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X